Author Topic: luke skywalker's hoovercraft  (Read 2284 times)

Offline transam

• Youngling
    • View Profile
luke skywalker's hoovercraft
« on: May 22, 2005, 08:09 PM »
hello everyone,
i was wondering if anyone knows the name of the brown hoovercraft that luke skywalker and obi wan used in the first star wars film a new hope. also where can i find a replica of it new or old.
thank you
carmine

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: luke skywalker's hoovercraft
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 08:13 PM »
That would be called a Landspeeder. A recent version can be purchased through our sponsor Entertainment Earth. Here is the link.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 08:14 PM by Chris »

Offline John J. Alvarez

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 09:42 PM »
With time a vintage Landspeeder can be had for not much more than the modern one linked to. Here's an example of a closed auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50272&item=5976075179&rd=1
That one even has a box. No inserts but what do ya want for less than $20? ;)

John

Offline transam

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 05:28 PM »
thanks guys,
i appreciate the info, do you know if hasbro is going to have a reissue of the original landspeeder
carmine

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 08:53 PM »
do you know if hasbro is going to have a reissue of the original landspeeder

If by "original" you mean the vintage version, then Hasbro has already re-released that back around 1995/96, when the modern line started.  Hasbro used the same vintage mold, but spruced up the paint applications a little bit.  Only $10 for one of these at the link Chris posted above.

But they won't ever be reissuing a "vintage" version again, technically.  They likely won't even be reissuing the modern update to the vintage version either, since they finally created an all-new, and more accurate, mold for the Landspeeder just a few years ago.  So any potential Landspeeder reissues will likely come from that newer, revised mold instead.

But if you want a real vintage one, you should scope out eBay (like the link John just provided), or stop by CloudCity.com and have a look.  Plenty of them out there to be had...

Good luck with your search.