Author Topic: So how many times have you seen it?  (Read 11994 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: So how many times have you seen it?
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2005, 12:54 AM »
3 times for me now.  Saw it on digital this time.  I didn't notice any difference at all.  Did anyone?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2005, 03:14 AM »
4 after this weekend...  Would like to see it more but I'd be flying solo on that I fear.  My friends are tapped out and the gf said once was enough.  Damn.

May have to do the matinee any way for it...  Wish we had a digital screen within driving distance, but unfortunately it seems the armpit of U.S. (Cleveland) is the only place even remotely close with one...  unless the theater opening in July has one at it.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2005, 03:23 AM »
I'm up to 6 after tonight. I took my mom tonight and she loved it. She thought it was amazing and she said she thought it was the best and it deserves best picture at the Acadamy Awards. I've got to take my Dad to see it sometime too, but he hasn't seen AOTC yet so I have to watch that with him sometime, even though I could have sworn he went and saw it with me once in theathers.... My mom said she wants to go again so that's at least 8, and I have to see it with my best friend who I saw both TPM and AOTC wtih on opening day, but we were at different theaters for ROTS. And then I have a few other friends who wnat to go, so I could easily hit 12 times by the end of the summer. :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 03:24 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2005, 05:59 AM »

I felt horrible, but not so much after I realized she didn't bother calling me until 45 minutes after I was supposed to meet her---I mean, it's no excuse for my mistake, but I wonder why she wouldn't call me before she was 30 minutes into the film. :( ???
She was giving you some "flexibility" in being there on time without hounding you.  She probably figured 45 minutes would be the most amount of time you would be late without there being something necessarily wrong.
A guy probably wouldn't have called you at all.
Females worry.
Truly though, if she isn't even a SW fan you SO owe to make this up to her... We are talking Hillary Duff movie in around 2 weeks...
;)

*sigh* What have I gotten myself into? :(

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2005, 09:32 AM »
LOL!  You are screwed now.  Wait until her friends hear what you did.  They will be all over your tale about it as well.  Get mean looks and all that stuff.  Good luck with that.  :)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2005, 04:32 PM »
Luckily, I was not called into work today, so I was able to get to the theater for my fifth viewing of ROTS.

There were a lot of people in the theater (I'm guessing due to the bad weather we're having), but was glad that the people waiting in line for seats were for Madagascar.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2005, 04:56 PM »
4 as of last night, and possibly 5 tommorow with a lady friend... :-*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2005, 05:21 PM »

Kevin

Your mom? ;) :P
"This is the way."

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2005, 12:37 AM »
I finally got in today.  Thank god for teacher's "having the summer off".  I plan to go a few more times.

GL has redeemed my faith in SW and I put this one right up there with ESB as the best two of the saga.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2005, 09:17 AM »
I saw it again for the second time yesterday.  I liked it my first time seeing it but I really loved it yesterday.  It may actually crack the top 3 for me.  I will have to determine that sometime I guess.  It's just hard breaking the OT for me as. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2005, 09:32 AM »
I've seen it twice now, after going again this weekend.  I think I enjoyed it even more this time around as well.  I really liked it the first time, but seemed to like it even more with repeat viewings.  I'd like to go 1-2 more times, but we'll have to see how it goes.  I got the Mrs. to go with me twice, but I think I'd be going solo if I wanted to go anymore.  My dad and brother still want to go, so there is still hope, now it is just finding the time in the next month or so ;).

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2005, 11:19 AM »
Twice so far, but I'm trying to make it one more time this week.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2005, 03:23 PM »
Saw it twice this past weekend, so that brings me up to seven viewings and counting. :)  I hope to see it at least once a weekend for the rest of the summer. :o :P

Yes!! ROTS held off the competition quite handsomely.  There must be alot of mainstream viewers going for repeat viewings.  Each time I go, the theatres are pretty much near capacity, even for the early bird showings. :D
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2005, 04:55 PM »

Kevin

Your mom? ;) :P

>:(

Liberal.

No, my best friend. Hopefully the Drive-In movie experience will live true from the 50's.

NECKING! HA!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2005, 10:08 PM »
This is killing me.  I still haven't seen it.  I don't care how, but I'm going to find a way to get to town (2 hours away) and see ROTS on Monday.

>:(

It's about freaking time!   :D  I finally saw it for the FIRST time last night... and loved it.  Of course there were a couple of cheesy elements, but overall, I had a great time.