Author Topic: ROTS: Toys We've Gotten That Weren't On Film  (Read 10961 times)

SilverZ

Re: ROTS: Toys We've Gotten That Weren't On Film
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 05:26 PM »
Clone with Jetpack (didn't really see this, or I missed it)

I can't spot him in the movie at all, and really am starting to think he never made it past the concept stage. Here is the old Art of Revenge pic.

I'm surprised to see that the Cancell is actually in the movie. The look of the toy would make me believe it was completely a Hasbro made-up thing, like Underwater Gamma Ray Backflip Scubapack Batman, or something.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2005, 05:56 PM »
The funniest thing about the whole 12.99 Target exclusive clone is that after seeing the movie, I now realize how totally and completely irrelevant it is.  The most important clones are Blue 501st Temple Raid, red shock troops, yellow cody clones, and to a lesser extent Bly's Felucia troops that gunned down Aayla and the frozen Mygeeto troops with Bacarra that killed Ki Adi.

I'm glad I left all that overpriced **** at Target!!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 06:05 PM »
It is ridiculous how hot the Target Clone was... and it's not even in the movie.  Freaking funny.  I love it.

Anyways, I think the Cancell is cool, glad they had one second of fame in the movie.  They actually looked pretty cool flying around in the intro scene to Kashyyyk.

I can't wait to get some colored Clones that are actually in the film.  But I can wait a while.   :)

:P

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 07:01 PM »
It is ridiculous how hot the Target Clone was... and it's not even in the movie.  Freaking funny.  I love it.

Anyways, I think the Cancell is cool, glad they had one second of fame in the movie.  They actually looked pretty cool flying around in the intro scene to Kashyyyk.

I can't wait to get some colored Clones that are actually in the film.  But I can wait a while.   :)

Neyo and one of his grunts (the Target clone) are the two clones riding speeder bikes with Stass Allie - Neyo signals to his grunt, they fall back and then blast poor Stass Allie out of the sky.

What we got as a toy that ISN'T in the movie is the BARC Speeder itself - even Stass Alliee is riding a regular old ROTJ style bike, only it's light gray and white. I'm pretty sure Neyo and his grunt were riding similar bikes.

Two more toys we're getting but aren't in there are the next two Collection 2 Senators - they were cut along with Fang Zar and the others since the two scenes that start the rebellion off were last seen on the cutting room floor.  >:(

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 10:59 PM »

Neyo and one of his grunts (the Target clone) are the two clones riding speeder bikes with Stass Allie - Neyo signals to his grunt, they fall back and then blast poor Stass Allie out of the sky.

What we got as a toy that ISN'T in the movie is the BARC Speeder itself - even Stass Alliee is riding a regular old ROTJ style bike, only it's light gray and white. I'm pretty sure Neyo and his grunt were riding similar bikes.

Two more toys we're getting but aren't in there are the next two Collection 2 Senators - they were cut along with Fang Zar and the others since the two scenes that start the rebellion off were last seen on the cutting room floor.  >:(

Nope. The Target clone has the normal ROTS clone helmet, the guy on the speeder with Neyo, has the same helmet as him. He doesn't have the basci helmet like the Taget clone has. Both Neyo and his clone were riding the new bike as well, I think Stass was too.

The Mon Cal senator is in the movie, blink and you will miss him. He is with the group of Senators that is on the Senate Landing pad when they are greeting Anakin. The other one might be there too.
"This is the way."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2005, 04:36 AM »
I don't think the Gran senator is in the scene with Palpatine's return. Another toy we got of a character not in the movie is the 12" Barris Ofee. Didn't see Luminara's former Padawan at all in the movie, as well as most of the Jedi Council for that fact.

Funny thing though, there was a character in ROTS that had a toy made in the Saga line but never showed up in AOTC... the Nikto Jedi. You can see one walking out of the conference room after Anakin visits Yoda.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2005, 06:27 AM »
Funny thing though, there was a character in ROTS that had a toy made in the Saga line but never showed up in AOTC... the Nikto Jedi. You can see one walking out of the conference room after Anakin visits Yoda.

A Nikto Jedi was shown force jumping over the broken pillar and taking out a battle droid in the Battle of Geonosis.
I remember my dream now.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2005, 06:53 AM »

A Nikto Jedi was shown force jumping over the broken pillar and taking out a battle droid in the Battle of Geonosis.

Really? I always thought the Nikto got replaced by a Klatooinian Jedi in the final cut.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2005, 10:13 AM »
The funniest thing about the whole 12.99 Target exclusive clone is that after seeing the movie, I now realize how totally and completely irrelevant it is.  The most important clones are Blue 501st Temple Raid, red shock troops, yellow cody clones, and to a lesser extent Bly's Felucia troops that gunned down Aayla and the frozen Mygeeto troops with Bacarra that killed Ki Adi.

I'm glad I left all that overpriced **** at Target!!

Ok Dressel, we get it. The Target clone is overpriced and you're a martyr for not picking one up. Can we move on now? I generally like your posts, but your harping on this clone is really starting to get irritating.

I like them. I have four, and—even though they weren't in the movie—I still like them.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2005, 10:52 AM »
Ha-ha!  I got one as well but it is kind of funny it's not even in the flick.  Oh well.  Neither is a Lava Vader :) 

I still like the red clone commander even if he is not in the flick.  Hell they could make all the color variations of the rainbow and I'd be interested in getting them. 

I do hope we get the blue clonetrooper though. 

Actually my friend Dan says the Target clonetrooper is on the speederbike that takes out Stass Allie. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 11:03 AM by Darth Broem »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2005, 12:38 PM »
I'm not sure that we ever saw the Utapau Warrior either...was this mentioned already?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2005, 12:50 PM »
That's right. They were mentioned when Obi-Wan says "If you have warriors, now is the time", but I don't think we ever saw any. Were they riding those pterodactyl looking things?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2005, 12:56 PM »
The other thought was they were in the scene were one of the Clones tells Cody there was no sign of Kenobi

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2005, 01:37 PM »
The other thought was they were in the scene were one of the Clones tells Cody there was no sign of Kenobi

This is where I saw them.  Two of them walk past the Clones as they talk.  The first time I saw the flick, I thought they were ERGs, but they were too tall. 

The second viewing is when I noticed they were Utupau Warriors.  Also, off to the far left of the screen at that part you can see a group of Utuapau Warriors huddled together.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2005, 02:27 PM »
I was actually hoping to see these warriors fighting the battle droid army.  No such stuff though.  At least not that I saw.