Author Topic: ROTS: Toys We've Gotten That Weren't On Film  (Read 10959 times)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: ROTS: Toys We've Gotten That Weren't On Film
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2005, 03:23 PM »
I gotta said that some of my favorite figures were not even in the movie.

I got 3 target clones and I like them.  After all they are super poseable and super fun.  Yes they are overpriced but so are the EE clone packs and I got all four.  If I am to piss away my money on toys then I am going out in a blaze of glory. 

I also have about 10 clone commanders.  I am currently painting one blue, yellow, orange, and one black, why? because I can.

And of course, there is Lava Vader.  I have to admit, I saw some lava on Vader  but that was before he had the black suit.  It was more like Lava Anakin :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

SilverZ

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2005, 05:04 PM »
Nope. The Target clone has the normal ROTS clone helmet, the guy on the speeder with Neyo, has the same helmet as him. He doesn't have the basci helmet like the Taget clone has. Both Neyo and his clone were riding the new bike as well, I think Stass was too.

I'm not all that bothered by the Target clone, especially considering he's a grunt. The one consistency with the clone groups in the movie appears to be that they're not at all consistent. In other scenes, you see different helmets within the same group, like on the landing platform on Utupau with Cody, where he has his own helmet, and he's accompanied by both standard helmet-wearing and "Neyo" style helmet-wearing clones. So it's not too far of a stretch for me to believe standard helmets exist within Neyo's ranks. I'd hope that we will get Neyo soon, however, so I can get to work on swapping a couple of Target clone heads.

I watched closely for the BARC Speeders last night, and both Neyo and his buddy are on them, while Stass drives a red and white painted ROTJ-style bike, definitely. So Hasbro, instead of rehashing an old toy like they should have (ironically), they retooled the newer BARC speeder for no reason. Oops!  :)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2005, 05:23 PM »
Nope. The Target clone has the normal ROTS clone helmet, the guy on the speeder with Neyo, has the same helmet as him. He doesn't have the basci helmet like the Taget clone has. Both Neyo and his clone were riding the new bike as well, I think Stass was too.

I'm not all that bothered by the Target clone, especially considering he's a grunt. The one consistency with the clone groups in the movie appears to be that they're not at all consistent. In other scenes, you see different helmets within the same group, like on the landing platform on Utupau with Cody, where he has his own helmet, and he's accompanied by both standard helmet-wearing and "Neyo" style helmet-wearing clones. So it's not too far of a stretch for me to believe standard helmets exist within Neyo's ranks. I'd hope that we will get Neyo soon, however, so I can get to work on swapping a couple of Target clone heads.

I watched closely for the BARC Speeders last night, and both Neyo and his buddy are on them, while Stass drives a red and white painted ROTJ-style bike, definitely. So Hasbro, instead of rehashing an old toy like they should have (ironically), they retooled the newer BARC speeder for no reason. Oops!  :)

At least the bright side of that is we'll have a Barc speeder that doesn't have a big, stupid wheel under it.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2005, 05:56 PM »
In the scene where the clones are discussing Obi-Wan's fall, there are some really, really tall guys walking with clones in the background.  These guys were like 10 feet tall.  I was really intrigued by them,
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2005, 06:17 PM »
Funny thing though, there was a character in ROTS that had a toy made in the Saga line but never showed up in AOTC... the Nikto Jedi. You can see one walking out of the conference room after Anakin visits Yoda.

A Nikto Jedi was shown force jumping over the broken pillar and taking out a battle droid in the Battle of Geonosis.

Really? I always thought the Nikto got replaced by a Klatooinian Jedi in the final cut.

Hmm maybe so, he looked like the Nikto. Will have to look at it again.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2005, 06:36 PM »
In the scene where the clones are discussing Obi-Wan's fall, there are some really, really tall guys walking with clones in the background.  These guys were like 10 feet tall.  I was really intrigued by them,

Those are the Utapau dudes... they appear to be POW's.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2005, 02:50 PM »
I noticed those Utapau POWs as well, they sure are tall.  I wonder if the figure itself will be anywhere close to scale?  After getting a chance to see the movie again this weekend, there really are quite a few things we've gotten (or are getting) that really weren't even seen on screen.  I tried to pay closer attention this time around, and it was funny how minimal the screen time for plain ol' white clonetroopers is.  Pretty much any clone seen on screen has some sort of colored markings, a different helmet, or both.  Hopefully Hasbro gets around to making more of these "specialized" clones.  Also, don't recall seeing any red Clone Commanders, although the figure itself is sweet, so I'm happy to have a few anyways.  I don't recall seeing the actual "Tank Gunners", but I might have missed those.  Seeing the movie again just reaffirms that I'd really like to see some more clones in the basic line...particularly the Kashyyyk/BARC (biker scout-ish) clones, the blue "501st" clones, and the miscellaneous Commanders we saw.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2005, 08:12 PM »
The thing about the Utapau warrior is that Medon's NOT taller than a human by much really...  Those guys others are citing, I almost wonder if they aren't just officials overseeing things with the Clones?  Maybe not POW's?

I thought they were prisoners at one point too, but the outfits seem more ornate (making them taller then perhaps), and they're not the same as Medon as far as height goes.  He's right around Kenobi's height in the film.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2005, 11:17 PM »

I noticed the Stass thing upon my last viewing as well. Oh well I like the new bike too :) And as for the clones with Cody that have different helmets, those clones belong to commander Fox's legion, and Commander Fox is there as well. The helmets are not the same as Neyo Legion, thaey are another unique helmet. But I also don't see any reason why there wouldn't be a few standard grunts in Neyo's legion, or any other commander's for that matter.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: June 1, 2005, 12:39 AM »
I noticed that too, on Stass riding a ROTJ/E2 styled bike but the two Clone's sport the BARC.

I'm kinda happy they retooled the BARC since the initial launch one is a bit bogus.  I do find it ironic that a point they could've rehashed something they didn't.  Stass's bike looks pretty sweet though, a lot better than the first version.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #40 on: June 1, 2005, 01:52 AM »
so here is something to add that I noticed after seeing ROTS for a 3rd time. Agen Kolar uses a blue lightsaber in the movie, but the figure comes with a green one.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: June 1, 2005, 05:28 PM »
Yeah I've noticed someone mention that one somewhere...  Gotta change the blade on my Agen I guess.  Did Kit Fisto use a blue saber then, or green?  I was thinking there was only one green Saber and 2 blue, but the scene's sorta hazy in my mind now.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 3, 2005, 11:16 AM »
Agen - blue
Kit - green
Saesee - green
Mace - purple (of course)