Author Topic: Star Tours Thread - Waves 1-3  (Read 81663 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Tours wave 3 FINALLY!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2003, 10:29 PM »
Wait just one second... Where's the screen capture where he splits in half and fires his missile?  ;D
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2003, 10:36 PM »
On the same reel as all the Llama scenes.  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2003, 10:39 PM »

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2003, 12:13 PM »
about the droid names:

http://www.bejedi.com/?content=faq

scroll down untuill the bottom..there is you answer listed...

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2003, 12:48 PM »
That's great and all, but it doesn't specifically address the difference between the Star Tours droid and his supposed counterpart from the movie. Official answer once again? Disney did not intend to create any movie specific characters in the queue area for Star Tours, other than R2 and 3PO. You may fancy yourself an expert on things Star Tours, but that is the word from the folks that made it ;)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2003, 05:21 AM »
wel, it is an official piece of text ;)

LOL

so, itr means that we know the explenation, that they are probarleynew, but different characters.. :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2003, 01:35 PM »
I like the representaion of the Star Tours droid, but I am disappointed in the non-movie head.  I only hope this means we will be getting a slightly retooled version somewhere down the line.  I think Hasbro finally caught on to the fact that we will buy pretty much every astromech under the rainbow so I think a retooled movie R5 is possible.

Another possibility is that the movie accuracy lies on the other side of this guys head

Somewhere I just read that this droid is actually called R5-DL

http://www.astromech.net/gallery/astromechs/R5-DL.htm

Offline Darth Paul

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 1, 2003, 10:50 PM »
Of course, I just went to MGM for the first time in over 10 years and scored all the droids, I get home, and they announce Series 3...
D'oh!
Maybe I'll have to get on your list too, JediMac...
And having just been there, the R5 is a dead-on likeness to his StarTours counterpart, as is the bird droid.  I like 'em.  
So, apparently the bird droids are not in Cali but are in FLA.  I'm just wondering about this Gonk that's been mentioned.  Where is he?  Or is he a Cali exclusive?  I don't remember seeing him at MGM.  Heck I don't remember seeing that service droid either....

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 3, 2003, 03:47 PM »
Well, regardless of how I feel, I will still get (try to get) the R5 figure.  I haven't been overly impressed and have yet to buy one figure (or found a way to, other than paying over the already overpriced figure on ebay).   Mac, when these come out, any chance you could hook me up with a few of the 9 different figures?  I'm sure we'll eventually get a "real" R5-D4 eventually, but this will do until then.

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #24 on: April 4, 2003, 09:42 AM »
GNk,  I don't really know where he is, it might be Tokyo or Paris, but my most guesses are in the first one, (California)

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2003, 10:38 AM »
I'm back from my trip to pairs ;)

and I went oon star tours 8 TIMES !!!!

I think a new world record  ;D

some older and newer SAGA figs, but 13.99 each, and there where a LOT of EPIC FORCE C-3PO's (for 12.99) and some UGLY POTF II 12" Chewies and also Slave Leia's. There was also a T-Shirt With hte Star Wars LOGO on it at the front, and at the back the tittle scrol for ANH. Also a lot of LOTR: TTT figures....

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2003, 06:28 PM »
8 times! All in a row?  Sounds like you had alot of fun. Did you take any pictures?

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2003, 03:03 PM »
it was my original plan, but the only solution would be using the digital cam of a teacher that traveled with us.. (tough, it wasn't a school event)

but I asked a friend that goes almoast every week to DLRP, to take pictures of some certain droids :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: May 2, 2003, 07:42 PM »
Alright, hopefully this doesn't get too wildly out of control here, but I'd like to put my "sign up" sheet for the third wave of Star Tours here so I don't lose track of who I'm supposed to be buying the last 3 droids for.

For those of you who don't know, I live about an hour away from Disneyland and pass right by it every 3 weeks or so when I go down to visit my family in Orange County.  Since I can duck into the park on a one hour shopping pass for free, I've been hooking up folks with the ST droids for the price they retail for in the park there which is $10.77 ($10 + 7.75% tax) plus shipping.  So anyone interested in the final wave please LMK and I'll see what I can do.  It'll likely run you about $37-39 bucks with shipping (U.S. and Canada).  I'll only charge exact shipping of course.

One problem I've run into with the first couple waves is with nice MINT cards.  Seems a card bender runs loose in the park there, so it tends to be tougher to find some nice C-9 to C-10 stuff for you "pickier" folks, which just means it might take a little more time.  Anyways, here's the list that I can think of off the top of my head so far (in order of those who contacted me first about it):

dustrho - MOMC
DSJ - MOMC
CyberScout - MOMC
chuckles - MOMC
obi-dad - R4-M9, R3-D3 & R5-D4 (non-mint)
OCB - two R5-D4's (non-mint)
Jesse James - (non-mint I assume, LMK J!)

I think there were a couple others I may be forgetting here.  If so, please drop me a line and remind me.  Thanks!

Also, JD member Karma is my Floridian counterpart in Operation Star Tours Liberation, as she is quite proficient at hitting DisneyWorld out on the other coast and helping folks out as well.  Feel free to drop her a line too if you'd like at magnussk@erau.edu.  Pretty sure Morgbug's already on her sign up list - right B?
« Last Edit: May 6, 2003, 04:42 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 2, 2003, 10:37 PM »
That's correct sir.  She owes me one for the Endor Accessory set I sent her a while back and I'll be paying her for the other two.  Karma's cool :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.