Author Topic: Star Tours Thread - Waves 1-3  (Read 81650 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Tours wave 3 FINALLY!
« Reply #45 on: May 8, 2003, 10:56 AM »
Star Wars weekends kicks off on May 16th.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #46 on: May 8, 2003, 05:08 PM »
More info on the SW weekends: http://startours.bejedi.com

;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: May 9, 2003, 03:54 PM »
BTW, if you're not able to hook up with someone for these figures, try Disney Delivers.  Their phone number is 1(407)363-6200.

Well, this is a decent idea for "openers", but if you're looking for MOMC, don't even bother with Disney Delivers.  I ordered Wave 1 from them, and they just threw my 6 figures loose in a box, with one tiny plastic Disney bag to take up the remaining space on the side.  They cards were THRASHED.  I've heard similar stories from almost everyone else who ordered through Disney as well.  But like I said, for the openers out there, this method should work fine...

But myself and Karma are always around for anyone interested in using another route...   :)  So it looks like maybe next weekend then, assuming Disneyland puts theirs out to coincide with DisneyWorld's Star Wars Weekends festivities.  I'll be on the lookout folks!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #48 on: May 9, 2003, 04:05 PM »
No worries Mr. C-10!

Hey, thanks for the nickname bro!  I had to change my message that sits underneath my avatar, just for you!   ;D
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 9, 2003, 05:29 PM »
BTW, if you're not able to hook up with someone for these figures, try Disney Delivers.  Their phone number is 1(407)363-6200.

Well, this is a decent idea for "openers", but if you're looking for MOMC, don't even bother with Disney Delivers.  I ordered Wave 1 from them, and they just threw my 6 figures loose in a box, with one tiny plastic Disney bag to take up the remaining space on the side.  They cards were THRASHED.  I've heard similar stories from almost everyone else who ordered through Disney as well.  But like I said, for the openers out there, this method should work fine...

But myself and Karma are always around for anyone interested in using another route...   :)  So it looks like maybe next weekend then, assuming Disneyland puts theirs out to coincide with DisneyWorld's Star Wars Weekends festivities.  I'll be on the lookout folks!

Quite true!  I ordered two sets of waves1 & 2; one to open, and one to keep MOMC.  I was disappointed with the shipping.  All of the figures were tossed into a plastic bag randomly, and then put into a box stuffed with packing material.  The cards in most cases were bent.  I opened the worst of the bunch.  Four of the remaining carded samples were in excellent shape.  Another two were bent, but not creased.  I was able to work the bends out by keeping those in Star Cases.

So, it's caveat emptor for you carded folks!

Feedback

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2003, 11:50 AM »
The parents came back from their trip to DisneyWorld with the first 6 figures in tow.  They seemed like good cards to me.  Anyway I liked them for the most part.  Although this trashcan figure thing I got is kind of lame.  LOL!  

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2003, 02:48 PM »
How mucha re these JediMAC, I might be interested
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2003, 03:04 PM »
Reports are starting to trickle in around the net that the first 2 Star Tours droids in Wave 3 have been released at DisneyWorld and via the Disney Delivers mail order phone line (1-800-362-4533): the G2-9T and R5-D4.  No SK-Z38 yet though...  But get this, our fears have come true:

They're on BLUE Saga cards!!!   >:(  >:(

Ugh.  As many of you may speculate now, this very well might lead to the rest of the previous 6 droids getting the same Saga carded treatment as well!  Oh dear...  Carded completists are shaking in their boots as we speak!   :'(

No word if Disneyland has gotten in a shipment yet, but I'll try to find out for everybody ASAP.

The Starspeeder 3000 has also been released, and as anticipated, it's not in a 4" scale at all.  More like the Action Fleet size...

Happy droid hunting everyone, or I guess that would really come down to me for a lot of you, huh?!   ;)  I'll see what I can do!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2003, 05:50 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2003, 03:13 PM »
Blue Saga cards.   :-X  Oh well, what are we to do.  I'm still in for them though. Gotta have them.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2003, 03:36 PM »
They're on BLUE Saga cards!!!

This was expected though, wasn't it? The first wave was on POTJ Collection 1 cards, the second on POTJ Collection 2 cards. Since there weren't any Collection 3 cards in the POTJ line, I just assumed Hasbro would offer this last batch on the Saga card as a point of difference.

However, given the unique venue of these figures, I see no reason why Hasbro would create new card art for the first six figures. It would be an unnecessary added expense unless they create one card for all nine figures.
Post sober.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2003, 03:42 PM »
I called the Florida number you provided, MAC.  They told me that while the figures are available at the parks, they don't think they're going to have them available for mail order until June 16th.  I believe that's when Star Wars weekends end.

The operator I spoke with at the Disneyland service in California told me that they didn't even have them available at their park in Anaheim, let alone for mail-order.

Looks like an in-person visit or someone who can visit for you is the only immediate hook-up for STAR TOURS wave 3.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2003, 03:47 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2003, 04:43 PM »
Wohoo! :) Blue Cards! I guess now I need to find someone to hook me up ;) I had no problem with the prior two sets, but cant get ahold of the person again for this series
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2003, 05:01 PM »
They're on BLUE Saga cards!!!

This was expected though, wasn't it?

Well, I wouldn't say it was ever really for sure John.  The first 6 droids came on POTJ cards, even though the Saga line was already out, so there was some hope that that wouldn't change with this wave either.  The Saga switch has been rumored, but then again, so has sticking with the original green (POTJ) card though.  A lot of folks have been debating back and forth on which it would be, and which it should be.  But the general consensus as far as what most people actually wanted - was to stick with the green POTJ cardback, just to keep the whole line uniform.  If the line ends at 9 figures total, I'll really wish they could've just stayed similarly styled myself.  Just the OCD in me really, but I like everything to match, especially in such a small collecting subset like this.  Oh well...   :-\

But if Disney was smart (hopefully they're NOT reading this), they'd pull a lot of their older peg warming droids currently on green cards and recard them onto the Saga card as well (especially since the remaining droids are mostly on completely THRASHED POTJ cards at this point).  Easy money from the carded completists, like me.   :-[  (wouldn't affect my loose collection though fortunately)

And if the Saga re-carding does indeed transpire, I know there'll be a lot of gripes from said carded completists, but keep in mind everyone - it's US who choose to collect this way, so if we have to bite the bullet and shell out another $75 to get the original 6 droids on new Saga cards, then we've got nobody to blame but ourselves...  It's just the nature of the collecting beast!   ;)

BTW FX-7, I buy these at Disneyland for $10.77 retail each (that includes tax) for those who are interested.  But judging from what Nicklab just said, it sounds like my local Disneyland ain't got squat in yet.  I'll try to confirm that though.

But I'm surprised to hear that the Disney Delivers mail order line isn't taking any orders, since GH reported this morning that they definitely were...   ???  Maybe they sold out, I dunno...  But keep in mind that DD is primarily for the "loose" collectors, as a couple of us already mentioned earlier in this thread.  Very little MOMC stuff makes it's way out from them...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2003, 05:15 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2003, 05:05 PM »
I guess now I need to find someone to hook me up ;) I had no problem with the prior two sets, but cant get ahold of the person again for this series.

I'd be happy to hook you up Adam (see sign up list earlier in this thread), and so can JD forum member Karma, who's out near Orlando, so she'll get first dibs on the goodies it looks like.  Hopefully Disneyland out here follows suit shortly so I can spread the wealth too!   8)  Just LMK if you're interested Adam...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2003, 05:17 PM »
It certainly does seem a little strange.  I've read in another forum that someone placed an order with Disney DelivEARS, and it went through.  Not so when I called.   Strange.  You guys might want to consider calling to see if you get a different response than I did.

Feedback