Author Topic: Star Tours Thread - Waves 1-3  (Read 81659 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Tours wave 3 FINALLY!
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2003, 04:15 AM »
Here's the updated list of needs (along with some non ST stuff I'm including for a few folks):

dustrho - Wave 3 MOMC, Starspeeder 3000 MIMB
DSJ - Wave 3 MOMC, Deluxe Clonetrooper, shaved Endor Soldier  (ship all together)
CyberScout - Wave 3 MOMC  (ship all together)
chuckles - Wave 3 MOMC, Starspeeder MIMB
obi-dad - R4-M9, R3-D3 & R5-D2 (non-mint)
OCB - two R5-D2's (non-mint), Torii Hunter Sportspick variant
Jesse James - Wave 3 + 1 extra R5-D2, Nexu (all non-mint) ship together
BigDumbWookiee - Wave 3 (non-mint), Starspeeder 3000, Dlx. Spider Droid & SBD Builder - non-mint  (ship all together)
CHEWIE - two R5-D2's (1 MOMC, 1 non-mint)
Boba Binks - 2 sets of Wave 3 (1 MOMC, 1 non-mint), 1 Starspeeder 3000  (ship all together)
Membraneman - R5-D2 (non-mint)
Daigo-Bah - R3-D3 & R5-D2 (pref. MOMC)

Sorry fellas, but I totally struck out again at Disneyland last night.  Still nothing new to report...  >:(  It was the same cashier I saw last time, and she still had no idea when the new stuff was coming in, though she still assumed that it would be sometime soon.  I'll be heading back down in another week and a half, or sooner if I hear that Wave 3 has finally hit, so I'll be sure to keep you all apprised of the goings on!  The Star Traders shop did have a lot of the Hoth Han, Mynock Chewie, Flying R2, and TC Mace figures though - all $10/each.

Adam, I changed your Starspeeder order down to 1 per your request.  Scott, LMK about that Torii variant.  Sounds like you recently found one on your own, so LMK if Brent or anyone else you know up there still wants it.  If not, I can easily just return it to WM...

And for anyone who's fed up with waiting for Disneyland to finally stock it's Wave 3 droids, and doesn't want to wait any longer, like I mentioned a couple times earlier in this thread, JD member Karma lives out in Florida, and hits DisneyWorld a fair amount out there, and could probably hook you guys up now if you'd like.  I know she's already helped a few other members out here with their droids, and she comes highly recommended by anyone who's ever dealt with her.

So if you're tired of the wait, feel free to contact her to see if she can help you out sooner than I can, since DW is the only place in the world currently stocking these elusive figures.  I won't be offended in the slightest bit if anyone backs out of their pre-order with me in favor of dealing with Karen who can get the goods right now.  Just LMK if you decide to go that route so I can change your order above...   ;)
- M

P.S.  Josh, they have tons of the Hasbro Stormtrooper blasters, and they're $20 a piece.  LMK if you want one...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2003, 04:56 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Tours wave 3...
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2003, 04:59 AM »
Let me say that Saturday afternoon I got to mess with the R5 droid from Wave 3, and it's awesome.

It's not like R5-D4 in the slightest, so those of you wanting an R5-D4 (or thinking it'll pass as him) aren't in luck.  His head's different, but he has an intensely huge GASH in his left body.

Talking REALLY heavy damage...  

It looks great though.  I swear, it's one of the neatest sculpts on a SW figure I've ever seen.  He's got a retractable 3rd leg to boot!  WHEEEE!

He's going right into my Rebel Pilots group when I get him (Thanks Matt), and will look just dandy.  

I could take repaint after repaint of this figure if they wanted to, along with a new R5-D4.  Would give some extra diversity to the astro ranks for sure.

It's a shame Hasbro can't do this well on all their figures...  I didn't wanna give the lil bugger up after checking him out in person at our local get together of collectors, but alas I had to.  Not after a good fight though! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2003, 10:57 PM »
Matt, that really sucks that Disneyland hasn't gotten anything at all yet.  I just don't understand why they're not getting anything, but Disneyworld is.  Doesn't make any sense to me at all.  I'm really in no rush to get these figures & speeder, so I will just wait for you to hook me up once they come in (if it's still cool with you).  Thanks Matt!
dustrho

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2003, 06:39 AM »
PAtience, they will shiw up pretty soon..

but there are rumours of backorders till august  :-[

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2003, 01:50 PM »
Heading down there right now fellas, so wish me luck!  But it's highly doubtful that they'll have Wave 3 or the Starspeeder yet, so don't get your hopes up...   :-\

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2003, 02:35 PM »
I'm not so worried about the speeder, but I would really want those figures.  ANYTHING would be great though Matt.  Good luck buddy!
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2003, 02:41 PM »
God Speed Bulky Sweater Dude!   ;)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2003, 03:07 PM »
God Speed Bulky Sweater Dude!   ;)

LOL!  
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2003, 04:33 AM »
Another update from the Happiest Place on Earth:

Swung by Disneyland today, and guess what?  Yeah...  No wave 3 of the Star Tours droids in still.  BUT...  They did finally get the Starspeeder 3000 in, so I snagged a bunch of those to fill the orders on them.  So at least that's a start, huh?!   :D  Hopefully that's a good sign that Wave 3 is coming soon.  So anyways, the Starspeeders are in the bag for the 4 of you who ordered them!  Heading back down next weekend, so I'll update you all again at that time.

Unfortunately, the Star Traders shop stashed all their Stormtrooper guns in the back for a couple months, for reasons unknown, so we're SOL on those for now Josh...   :-\  They're supposedly putting them back out in August, if you want to wait that long.  Up to you (Karen may be able to help sooner on them if need be).  Just LMK...

Same time, same place next week...   ;)
- Matt

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2003, 01:35 PM »
Unfortunately, the Star Traders shop stashed all their Stormtrooper guns in the back for a couple months, for reasons unknown, so we're SOL on those for now Josh

What "Stormtrooper guns" are you actually talking about Matt?  Is this something new that Disney has and no one else does?

And Matt, thank you VERY much for getting that Speeder for me.  I really do appreciate it.   ;D
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Tours Wave 3...
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2003, 01:42 PM »
What "Stormtrooper guns" are you actually talking about Matt?  Is this something new that Disney has and no one else does?

No worries Chris, these are the older Hasbro roleplaying guns from like 5 years ago - the white ones.  Came out at the same time as that orange Han Solo blaster.  Josh and some of his fellow 501st guys need a few of these (to customize) for their Stormtrooper costumes, and D'land had a ton of 'em sitting around all these years later for some odd reason...  Unfortunately, after Josh finally gave me the green light to snag some...  ***poof!***  The damned things completely disappeared!   >:(

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2003, 01:59 PM »
Well that just sucks now, doesn't it?  Hopefully they'll put them back out for ya.
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Tours wave 3 has ARRIVED!
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2003, 06:21 AM »
Guess what everybody...???!!!   8)   ;D   8)

Yep, Star Tours Wave 3 has finally arrived at Disneyland!!!  'Bout freaking time!!!  Thanks to David over at GH for the head's up on their long awaited arrival.

But there's a slight catch, since they just came in yesterday, I don't have them yet!  But I'll see if I can drive the hour down there some time in the next few nights to snag my massive allotment for everyone.  If I can't, then I'll just pick them up on Thursday or Friday on my way down to the San Diego Comic Convention.  Keep an eye on this thread for any updates!  So before I head down, would everyone kindly chime in to confirm their orders here (or via PM/e-mail).  As a reminder, they're $10.77 retail each (which includes the sales tax).  Please check my list below to see where everything currently stands.  Items that are crossed off have already been bought a while back, and have been patiently awaiting departure with the Wave 3 droids...

dustrho - Wave 3 MOMC, Starspeeder 3000 MIMB
DSJ - Wave 3 MOMC, Deluxe Clonetrooper, shaved Endor Soldier  (ship all together)
CyberScout - Wave 3 MOMC  (ship all together)
chuckles - Wave 3 MOMC, Starspeeder MIMB
obi-dad - R4-M9, R3-D3 & R5-D2 (non-mint)
OCB - two R5-D2's (non-mint), Torii Hunter Sportspick variant
Jesse James - Wave 3 + 1 extra R5-D2, Nexu (all non-mint) ship altogether
BigDumbWookiee - Wave 3 (non-mint), Starspeeder 3000, Dlx. Spider Droid & SBD Builder - both openers  (ship all together)
CHEWIE - two R5-D2's (1 MOMC, 1 non-mint)
Boba Binks - 2 sets of Wave 3 (1 MOMC, 1 non-mint), 1 Starspeeder 3000  (ship all together)
Membraneman - R5-D2 (non-mint), 12" Yellow Clonetrooper
Daigo-Bah - R3-D3 & R5-D2 (pref. MOMC)

If everybody would please PM/e-mail me your mailing addresses as well, that would be great, even you guys who I've already traded with before, just so I don't have to search through my old (200+) PMs!  (really need to clean those things out  :P).  Better cross your fingers MOMC guys!  Hopefully the card conditions aren't as bad as the last couple waves were...    ;)

If there's anyone else out there who hasn't contacted me yet, but wants to get in on the Star Tours action as well, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do for ya'!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 07:23 AM by JediMAC »

Virex

Re: Star Tours wave 3 FINALLY at Disneyland!
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2003, 08:07 AM »
Hey Matt, what's the stock like on the older astromechs, R3-D3 and R4-M9?  Being an astromech fan, I'd like to pick these up, along with the new R5-D2, but I can't really afford the $40 right now.

If they're in danger of selling out pretty soon, I'll see what I can do to scrounge up some cash.  Unless, of course, you think they'll be around for a while. . .

Thanks.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Tours wave 3 FINALLY at Disneyland!
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2003, 08:21 AM »
Hey Matt, what's the stock like on the older astromechs, R3-D3 and R4-M9?  ...If they're in danger of selling out pretty soon, I'll see what I can do to scrounge up some cash.  Unless, of course, you think they'll be around for a while. . .

I can't say entirely for sure what the Star Traders shop stock looks like right now, since they just finally stocked the Wave 3 droids.  They might've pulled all the prior peg warmers (incl. R3 & R4) to make room for this new stuff.  I'll know better after I visit in the next few days...

But with that said, prior to them stocking Wave 3 (and very possibly still right now), there were TONS of the first two astromechs hanging around for all of the past year.  There's been no problem whatsoever attaining either of those, especially if you're not looking for mint cards!  I'd assume at least some of them would still be there, but it's possible they got pulled to get recarded onto the blue Saga cards, in which case they'd all be back in the near future.  The bottom line is that you should be fine Virex - there were plenty of extras before, so there should still be plenty - if not right now, then very soon...

No idea how well the new R5-D2 will sell, but judging by my pre-orders here, he'll be pretty hot.  I'm sure there'll probably be plenty to go around, just like the prior ones, but I obviously can't promise that...

Just give me a holler whenever you feel like picking them up...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 08:23 AM by JediMAC »