Author Topic: TV series predictions (and wishes)  (Read 23339 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: TV series predictions (and wishes)
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2008, 03:54 PM »
Interest didn't wane for Sopranos. :)  It only seemed to pick up steam as the series went on...  I honestly don't know many people besides myself that watched that series from episode 1 to the end actually.  People seemed to get into it more later for some reason.

Anyway, I wasn't suggesting Star Wars start dropping f-bombs or rampant c-sucker references like Deadwood, but more rather that the violence possibly get stepped up.  War ain't pretty, and neither is underworld behavior, so I think going a bit beyond the norm for Star Wars violence wouldn't be a bad thing if they're really going for a dark tone to the story and era, as well as the characters.

If you've got the means to put a little more realism in with your violence, I'm for it...  F this, or C that...  Not so much. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2008, 04:13 PM »
True about the Sopranos.  As it went on, I got more and more into it.  And I did watch every episode...thanks to being overseas and having nothing to do when I was off work except workout, sleep, and watch DVD's.

I would hate to see the language thing, but I think Fox or USA might be willing to push the envelope for this if violence is the issue.  Or you could always use Fox's cable station FX that really pushes stuff...especially if you remember the series "Over There" that was just filled with glorified violence and language.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2008, 09:03 PM »
I was the opposite with the Sopranos. I hated the last season and found myself skipping episodes.

Just because the show may be on HBO doesnt mean the language has to change. I don't think that has to be a concern.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2008, 12:49 AM »
Yeah, I don't think the language thing would be an issue, I'm more interested in the violence aspect being pushed a little further than it has been...  The films are pretty tame.  I could stand seeing some violence beefed up SLIGHTLY to the TV series.  Nothing over the top, just a little notch above what ROTS was.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2008, 09:15 PM »
I'm glad that Lucas is using these types of shows as a template for his show. I was worried when they talked about writing 100 episodes at once and nonsense like that.  At least Lucas is watching good stuff.   In all honesty, I don't expect the violence to be any more than in the movies, and I don't expect language at all.  It's just that if the show was on a regular network, it would be hard to do stuff like cut off arms, or heads and burn people alive.  While SW isn't carzy violent, it's pretty severe compared to most family entertainment.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2008, 01:07 AM »
I just don't want to pay for extra for a movie channel for one series.  Although I guess the alternative would be to wait for season 1 to come out on DVD and that would mean basically paying the same amount anyway.  When is this series set for now 2010?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2008, 09:38 PM »
I'd pay for HBO in a heartbeat.  Let's say HBO is 20.00 a month, and during that month you'd get 4 hour long episodes.  That's only 5.00 each.  That's cheaper than a figure!  Plus, the show would only be on for about three months at a time,  when each season is done, you cancel HBO.  Plus, when you have HBO, you could, you know,  actually watch other movies and shows on HBO, not just SW!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com