Author Topic: Gone to the Dark Side, he has  (Read 1179 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Gone to the Dark Side, he has
« on: May 24, 2005, 06:57 PM »
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3377573

"Darth Vader robs Illinois theater

(Springfield, Illinois-NBC) May 22, 2005 - It appears Darth Vader delivered an unwelcome show of force at an Illinois movie theater this weekend.

Police in Springfield, Illinois say a man wearing a Darth Vader mask walked into a movie theater, shoved an employee out of the way and grabbed a bunch of cash.

Investigators say the robber fled the theater and ran into a nearby wooded area. Police have no suspects.

"Star Wars: Episode Three-Revenge of the Sith" was actually one of the movies playing at the theater.

Investigators say the robber didn't display any weapons- not even a light saber. "

Gotta love that last line!   ;)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Gone to the Dark Side, he has
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 01:18 AM »
Haha, read about this in the paper this morning. Seriously, wouldn't you think of trying to stop him since he likely couldn't see too well in the mask
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 10:41 AM »
That's funny.  I worked at a K Mart when I was in high school, and there was a story in our newsletter about a security guard at another store who was dressed up as Batman for Halloween.  He had to chase down a guy who stole something and his co-workers couldn't help him because they were laughing too hard.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 10:56 PM »
"Your going back to Arkam..."

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...