Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 'Lost' - Season Three
« Reply #135 on: November 2, 2006, 10:00 AM »
Are there any tailies left?  I think just Bernard, Rose's husband, is the last from that Tail Section group, right?

Of course, I suppose some of the tailies that were "captured" could still be around, but I think 99% of the ones we met have been killed.

RIP Mr. Eko.   :'(

Man, that still ticks me off they decided to do that to him...  >:(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 2, 2006, 10:35 AM »
Mr. Eko was one of my favorite characters, I was really intrigued by his back story, but apparantely, it was the actor's decision, not an original plot arc.  I thought all along that Mr. Eko was going to be the one to somehow lead them "out of" or "through" the island -- that he would somehow redeem himself for the lives he took.  I guess not. :-\
« Last Edit: November 2, 2006, 10:36 AM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 2, 2006, 10:49 AM »
I was kind of disappointed to see Eko go as well, but as it was already mentioned, it sounds like it was the actor's decision.  According to TVGuide.com, he didn't want to commit to anything long-term, although there are also rumors that he was a pain to work with.  Who knows if its true.

Regardless, its sad to see the character go.  I think Bernard is the only tailie left, and I don't recall even seeing him yet this season.  I also wonder whatever happened to "Cindy", the dark haired woman who was originally with the tail group as they were making their way across the island last season (before Shannon was shot).  They were climbing up that ridge, and all of a sudden she just wasn't there anymore - and nothing more has been said about it.  Anyways, its sad that there's only one more new episode before the "winter hiatus" - and LOST is off the air until February.  Yikes.  And what in the world is up with the "smoke monster"?

EDIT:  Oh, and has anyone seen this? Maybe it is old news, but I just saw it this morning.  Once the red box comes up on the screen, you can click "continue", then let all the fragments load and you can watch what looks like another Hanso video.  Stay tuned after the "video" is over though, as it continues.  Spoilers are present, I guess, but its more confusing than anything else (like the show).  It does give a little more information about the numbers though.  If anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2006, 10:51 AM by Brian »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 2, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Besides Cindy there were 7 or 9 (I forget exactly) Tallies that were taken off the beach, including the children, before Ana and the others militarized themselves.  Where did all those people go?  We didn't see more evidence of them till Michael and Eko saw the childs feet walk by them in the jungle later, carrying a teddy bear.  Then, that was it.  Haven't heard about them since.

And I believe you're right saying Bernard is the last of the tallies.  At least the last one with the large group.  Everyone else that made it over to that side of the island is dead now.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #139 on: November 4, 2006, 04:40 PM »
Something that you may find funny.

This season is going great so far!  Shame about Ecko leaving the show, but what a way to go out.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #140 on: November 5, 2006, 02:12 AM »
Indeed. The security system is still so much of a mystery...who made it?!?!!
Due to the island being in the Pacific, I beleive that the island is probably Lemuria. Seeing the four toe statue's foot at end of season 2 just made me think that even more...
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 9, 2006, 09:39 AM »
Why do we have to wait until February for the rest of the season? They're pulling a Battlestar Galactica. :(

Good stuff last night, again. I love when you know things that some of your heroes don't know and how tragic it is when you know they're making a big mistake, but don't realized it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 9, 2006, 10:52 AM »
Why do we have to wait until February for the rest of the season? They're pulling a Battlestar Galactica. :(

Good stuff last night, again. I love when you know things that some of your heroes don't know and how tragic it is when you know they're making a big mistake, but don't realized it.

I agree, Anthony.  Which mistake are you talking about , Jack telling them to run (not knowing they're on a different island) or Jack not realizing he was "allowed" to see the Sawyer/Kate video?  Or one of the many other big mistakes people are making?

I'm really on the fence about season 3.  I've watched from the beginning, and I'm hanging in there, but this season lacks the revelations of season 2, like we saw in "The Other 48 Days".  They're taking too long to get anywhere and only offering small bits this season, and now is not the time to take a 12 or 16 or whatever week break.  I hope I still care in February, and no way in hell am I watching Daybreak to get tidbits about the next 16 episodes of Lost.  Dream on ABC, I hope Daybreak blows as bad as Invasion and the Nine.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2006, 10:53 AM by Deanpaul »
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #143 on: November 9, 2006, 07:04 PM »
I like the Nine....it's not so bad.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: February 7, 2007, 02:23 PM »
LOST is back tonight... and I don't know if I care.   :-\

I'm sure I'll watch tonight, but I found it was hard to stay interested in this show after not watching any LOST for these last few weeks.

I have to say that I actually missed there being no re-runs these last 2 months.  LOST re-runs were always fun for me to watch to see what you missed the first time through.  I know I could buy them on iTunes, but I'm too cheap to do that and too lazy to go looking for internet freebies.   :P

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what they come up with tonight to try to re-hook all their regulars.  I'm hoping for one or two big nuggets for sure, more than just trying to get off the little "Others" island...

Oh, and Deanpaul sent this to me so I thought I'd share - it looks like Lando Calrissian is joing LOST.   :D
« Last Edit: February 7, 2007, 02:24 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 7, 2007, 02:36 PM »
LOST is back tonight... and I don't know if I care.   :-\

I'm sure I'll watch tonight, but I found it was hard to stay interested in this show after not watching any LOST for these last few weeks.

I have to say that I actually missed there being no re-runs these last 2 months.  LOST re-runs were always fun for me to watch to see what you missed the first time through.  I know I could buy them on iTunes, but I'm too cheap to do that and too lazy to go looking for internet freebies.   :P

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what they come up with tonight to try to re-hook all their regulars.  I'm hoping for one or two big nuggets for sure, more than just trying to get off the little "Others" island...

Oh, and Deanpaul sent this to me so I thought I'd share - it looks like Lando Calrissian is joing LOST.   :D

I agree with you Jeff.  It's not very exciting to have a show fold up mid season and disappear for months, not weeks.  Add to that crappy terms like "Fall Season Finale" (that's what they called the last of the first six episodes) and I feel even more down about the show.

The writers have some ground to make up.  Reviewers who have previewed the next few episodes say they return to the character centric format vs. the Alcatraz format, and that we'll be shedding a lot of the ick that happened in the first six episodes of season 3.  It's still a great show, and I'm looking forward to them revealing more of what is going on so the characters will have something tangible to work against/towards.  Being on a messed up island is only interesting for so long, to me anyway.  I am looking forward to seeing Lando join the cast.  That alone will hold my interest for a few weeks.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 7, 2007, 02:53 PM »
Yeah, that is pretty cool news with Lando joining the island - I look forward to that.  I'm kind of with you guys on the long break, it almost helped to forget about the show.  Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it coming back, and I'll be watching tonight, but part of me missed the reruns too.  I guess a lot of the fanbase hated them though, so that's why they are gone.  To be honest, that's how I caught up on a lot of Season 1, by watching reruns (even some during the summer months).

I've also heard/read that the rest of this season will return to more of the quality of the first season episodes, and we'll get to see more of everyone else (not just Jack/Kate/Sawyer).  There was talk from the producers a few weeks back about setting an end point for the show, which I think might be a good idea.  If they know where they are going to end up, then they can get down to revealing a few things more timely - and build up to a big finale.  From what I've read, they originally thought of this as a "around 100 episodes" type of show, leading to speculation that it might be a five season show or so.  That might not be a bad idea.  Anyways, I hope we get back to the Season 1 craziness tonight, and I'm looking forward to it.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 7, 2007, 04:12 PM »
I'm glad it's back, but pissed they moved it to 10 EST.  Very rarely can I make it to 11:00.  I might have to look into a Tivo or DVR and get out of the Stone Age.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 7, 2007, 05:06 PM »
I'm amped for the continuation of the series, and good on them for starting to pick something to work toward.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 8, 2007, 09:08 AM »
So what did everyone think of last night's episode?  Maybe it was just the fact that it was a new episode actually airing, but I kind of liked it.  It seemed to have more of the feel that it used to.  I won't go into spoilers here just in case, but I did enjoy Sawyer's "wookiee" comment :).