Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: 'Lost' - Season Three
« Reply #240 on: May 2, 2007, 11:37 PM »
Called it.

What an exciting episode, between seeing just where John went, to Ben and his twisted ways of dealing with things.

A note w/ possible spoilers:

SPOILERS?

The police detectives mentioned that Johns father disappeared off the face of the earth, so all that heaven/ hell talk, tacked on to the airplane and everyone being dead deal has me thinking they are just trying to mess with our heads.

SPOILERS?

What a great episode.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 3, 2007, 06:46 AM »
Yes, it was a great episode.  The thing for me is that I lost respect for Locke -- having Sawyer do his dirty work for him.  When Ben said "Sorry folks, he's not who we thought he was" I expected Locke to say "Yes, you're right, I'm not a murderer".  I wonder now if the island will show him its secrets since he didn't follow the rules and had someone else do his dirty work?  Locke seemed very weak in this episode -- perhaps this was his test and he failed it?

*Possible spoiler*

Wasn't that Mr. Ecko we saw in the previews?

*End spoiler*
« Last Edit: May 3, 2007, 06:48 AM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 3, 2007, 10:39 AM »
Okay, only problem I have with Hanso having faked the crash is that in flashbacks, we see the others watch the plane break apart.  That would mean that Hanso not only brainwashed the survivors of 815, but all the people already on the island as well. 

Here's a question - how in the heck did John's father get to the island?  Sounds like he was kidnapped and brought there vs. some mystery teleportation explanation, but if the others no longer have any communication with the outside world and the beacon is out and the sub is gone - how did they manage this?  Or did they bring John's dad before all of that happened?

Question #2: Why in the heck does John need to kill his dad to please the island?  I thought for sure that when he refused to kill, the others would say that he PASSED the test of not being corrupted or evil.  Whoever's running things has some very odd ideas about ethics. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 3, 2007, 11:06 AM »
Okay, only problem I have with Hanso having faked the crash is that in flashbacks, we see the others watch the plane break apart.  That would mean that Hanso not only brainwashed the survivors of 815, but all the people already on the island as well. 

Here's a question - how in the heck did John's father get to the island?  Sounds like he was kidnapped and brought there vs. some mystery teleportation explanation, but if the others no longer have any communication with the outside world and the beacon is out and the sub is gone - how did they manage this?  Or did they bring John's dad before all of that happened?

Question #2: Why in the heck does John need to kill his dad to please the island?  I thought for sure that when he refused to kill, the others would say that he PASSED the test of not being corrupted or evil.  Whoever's running things has some very odd ideas about ethics. 

I don't understand what you mean about Hanso faking the crash? I think the type of fake people are talking about is a cover up crash, not the actual Island arival. I could be wrong.

With Johns dad, you know, it's a magic metaphorical box that brought him there, not by conventional means.

I'm fairly certain Ben is the actual ruler of the Island, like a president or something.

Kevin

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #244 on: May 3, 2007, 11:11 AM »
It was a good episode, not exactly getting as many answers as i thought we may have. The preview for next week looks even better. Ben looks shocked when Locke drops his father's body in front of him.

I have really come to dislike Jack. He used to be the one i dentified with but he is just a complete jerk now even if he does have some kind of plan. Sawyer has grown as a character.

Sayid has very much become my favorite character, i hope they do not kill him off. Very close to Sayid is Desmond, another great character who i really believe is the central character in this all anyway.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 3, 2007, 11:13 AM »
I don't understand what you mean about Hanso faking the crash? I think the type of fake people are talking about is a cover up crash, not the actual Island arival. I could be wrong.

Well, there are both possibilities for this one.  I don't get why Hanso would create a fake crash in the outside world either.  I hope the writers really think this one through - it seems odd that ALL the bodies were accounted for - I would think that a plan crash 4 miles deep would result in some bodies not being found.

With Johns dad, you know, it's a magic metaphorical box that brought him there, not by conventional means.
That still doesn't explain how Tom Sawyer got to the island...

I'm fairly certain Ben is the actual ruler of the Island, like a president or something.
I think he's managing the others, but someone else that we haven't met is truly in charge.  Remember when he was captured and he confessed that the others were serving a "A great man?"  I think of Ben as the plant manager, but there's definitely somebody else running the company.  ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 3, 2007, 11:16 AM »
It was a good episode, not exactly getting as many answers as i thought we may have. The preview for next week looks even better. Ben looks shocked when Locke drops his father's body in front of him.

I have really come to dislike Jack. He used to be the one i dentified with but he is just a complete jerk now even if he does have some kind of plan. Sawyer has grown as a character.

Sayid has very much become my favorite character, i hope they do not kill him off. Very close to Sayid is Desmond, another great character who i really believe is the central character in this all anyway.

Agreed - I hate what they have done with Jack. I don't get the whole keeping secrets thing - how arrogant do you have to be to think you're the only one who can handle the information when all of your 'friends' are always cluing you in to what's going on.  Desmond is definitely my favorite at this point, though I was a little dissapointed that he was willing to let Charlie die a few episodes back.  Glad he came around - that would be hard to come back from. 

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 3, 2007, 11:20 AM »
Has that woman who fell from the sky said how long it has been since the plane crashed and the wreckage was found?

I also feel a little put off by John about that whole thing, but it seems like he knows what he's doing.

I think Juliette is working hard to pit Jack against everyone else on the island, so when the warning comes, no one listens, and it goes without a hitch.

Kevin

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 4, 2007, 03:19 PM »
I tivo-ed this, so I dont know about THAT episode, but as for anything locke may have done, he certainly wasnt locke-ish when he said bye to kate a few episodes ago. it was weird. ill probably watch this episode tonight.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #249 on: May 5, 2007, 07:59 PM »
My guess is that the Others set up that fake flight 815 complete with bodies to keep people from searching any longer and accidentally finding the island.

Next couple of weeks should be pretty good.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #250 on: May 6, 2007, 08:48 AM »
I rewatched the trailer for next week and it looks like we get a new training video!  ;D I love those.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 6, 2007, 12:56 PM »
I saw this episode yesterday. My dad and I think they are in purgatory.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #252 on: May 6, 2007, 01:17 PM »
That wouldn't explain how the others could go back to civilization.

It's something else.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 7, 2007, 09:06 AM »
I think the producers (Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof) have pretty much confirmed that it isn't purgatory.  I think the stuff with Locke's dad this week (him thinking it was hell) was kind of a wink to that even.  Its definitely been a good season this year though, especially since they've come back from the "break".

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 7, 2007, 01:20 PM »
Some news on the "final three seasons" of LOST.  Apparently the series will run for 48 more episodes, with each season being 16 uninterrupted episodes.  More at the linky.