Author Topic: LOST  (Read 133524 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: 'Lost' - Season Two
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2005, 10:27 PM »
I think Walt was trying to communicate with her telepathicly.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2005, 10:28 PM »
I disagree with the purgatory comment. I do believe they are lost somewhere.

That may be the case, but it's some supernatural place then, if it's not a dream or purgatory, cuz it ain't earth.  Paralyzed people getting up out of their wheelchairs and walking and people's dead fathers don't walk around the island otherwise.

Your guess is as good as mine at this point, we basically know nothing.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2005, 10:30 PM »
Was the guy in the hatch, Desmond, quarantined inside, or from the outside? Like is he the ill one, or is the outside the bad stuff?

Considering that they only saw the "Quarantine" on the door after they blew it off, it leads me to believe that the people on the island are the ones in quarantine. Why would you put that label on the inside of the door when the person inside would obviously know that they were quarantined. Now, why were they quarantined, that's anyone's guess.

My only complaint about the show was that it was too damn short. They should have made it a two hour season opener. I watched every episode last season when they aired, and then my girlfriend and I just watched the entire box set - 2 or 3 episodes every night - to get primed for the new season.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2005, 10:34 PM »
Considering that they only saw the "Quarantine" on the door after they blew it off, it leads me to believe that the people on the island are the ones in quarantine. Why would you put that label on the inside of the door when the person inside would obviously know that they were quarantined. Now, why were they quarantined, that's anyone's guess.

Now with that logic, why was he innoculating himself then?

Kevin

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2005, 10:40 PM »
So he wouldn't catch whatever it is they have? Or maybe he had it, but the medication was keeping it under control? Maybe he was sent there to "monitor" the rest of them?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2005, 10:44 PM »
So he wouldn't catch whatever it is they have? Or maybe he had it, but the medication was keeping it under control? Maybe he was sent there to "monitor" the rest of them?

Thing is, he was doing a ****** job monitoring them.

Plus there were no TV screens. Just old 60's/70's stuff. And a DOS prompt looking PC.

Kevin

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2005, 12:31 AM »
The washer and dryer combo were new. Pretty nice set, actually.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2005, 12:59 AM »
If I recall correctly, the writes of the show have debunked the "they're in Purgatory" idea.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2005, 01:55 AM »
My wife and I had the unique pleasure of watching Lost for the first time on DVD over the last two weeks. We timed it so that as soon as the season finale ended, we watched the season premier and the show didn't skip a beat!

Wouldn't be intersting if Desmond had crossed paths with each survivor?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2005, 07:06 AM »
Wouldn't be intersting if Desmond had crossed paths with each survivor?
Now there's an interesting idea.  Didn't Desmond say somethng to the effect of "See you in the next life"? 

I think Walt was trying to communicate with her telepathicly.
This is how I took it:  When Shannon heard the "others" whispering, she started calling out, that's when she saw Walt.  It looked like he was telling her to be quiet.   Like he was trying to help her.  Maybe Walt sensed something about her and that's why he left Vincent with her and why he was protecting her.  Maybe there's more to her than being a user.   (Actually, there's probably more to each of them, that's why they were "chosen" to be on the island)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 12:28 PM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2005, 09:05 AM »
If I recall correctly, the writes of the show have debunked the "they're in Purgatory" idea.

I believe I've read that too, can't remember where though (TVGuide.com maybe?).

Anyways, we got hooked on this last year, but didn't really start watching "whole" episodes until the 2nd half of the season.  We've seen them all now, and caught (and taped) the season premiere this week as well.  Now we can't get enough of this show, although it is definitely frustrating/confusing.  Can't wait for the next episode, and to hopefully see what is up with the crew from the raft.  Also, what is the weirdness with Desmond in the hatch.  Definitely something going on there.  I still don't know what to think of Walt appearing to Shannon, although I've read some speculation that maybe Vincent (the dog) is his "vessel" of sorts to communicate/keep an eye on the rest of the crash survivors.  Its sort of been hinted at so far that Walt has something special about him, and maybe we'll start to see more of what that is.  Can't wait to see what's next.  Great show.

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2005, 02:18 PM »
I've seen on more than one site that the man that died in the car accident- the one that wasn't saved by Jack- is Mr. Rutherford-  Shannon's step-father.  However, I don't know, if Shannon's last name is Rutherford, I would think it's actually her father- not stepfather- and allowing Boone's father to marry her mother and causing all the resentment she has about that.  What's Boone's last name? 
And the numbers on the bottle that Desmond injects in his arm- the infamous lottery numbers as well...
and the quarantine was marked on the inside of the bunker, meaning the island is actually under the quarantine...
Unfortunately, I missed some parts of the episode trying to get my son to bed... I'm hoping for a re-run soon...
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2005, 08:20 PM »
Its sort of been hinted at so far that Walt has something special about him, and maybe we'll start to see more of what that is. 

Yeah it's been more than hinted.  His mom's new boyfriend outright wanted Michael to take custody of him because "weird things happen when he's around."  He was reading a book about birds when all of the sudden one came screaming into the window and broke it's neck.  He's a freaky little kid.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 08:21 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2005, 08:30 PM »
Its sort of been hinted at so far that Walt has something special about him, and maybe we'll start to see more of what that is. 

Yeah it's been more than hinted.  His mom's new boyfriend outright wanted Michael to take custody of him because "weird things happen when he's around."  He was reading a book about birds when all of the sudden one came screaming into the window and broke it's neck.  He's a freaky little kid.

Don't forget, he's also the reason the Polar Bear kept showing up.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 10:19 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2005, 08:37 PM »
Don't forget, he's also the reason the Polar BEar kept showing up.

Yeah, the polar bear which also happened to be critter featured in the issue of "The Flash" that he was reading.

I definately think Walt is a HUGE part of what the heck is going on, waiting to get more out of him especially after the backwards talking vison thing between him and shannon last week.

Jeff

ps.
I removed some posts from this thread too... drop it fellas (you know who you are).   >:(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender