Author Topic: LOST  (Read 133520 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: 'Lost' - Season Three
« Reply #150 on: February 8, 2007, 09:26 AM »
I liked it.  The big "holy ****" moment was when Juliet's ex got hit by the bus.  Didn't see that coming.

Sawyer using Danny's head to push the button and then him getting zapped was pretty funny.

I also think Tom likes Jack...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Was it me, or did Juliet look much better on the island than in the "real world"?  She was cute in Miami, but beautiful on the island (I've had a slight crush on Elizabeth Mitchell since I've seen her in Frequency).

Overall, I'm glad Lost is back and look forward to seeing the rest of the regulars now that Kate and Sawyer are off "Alcatraz".

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 8, 2007, 09:37 AM »
but I did enjoy Sawyer's "wookiee" comment :).

What was the line? "Fell for the old fake Wookie Prisoner trick?"
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 8, 2007, 09:54 AM »
That's the one :).

Good episode overall last night.  While watching, I said to my wife right after Juliet made the comment about her ex getting hit by the bus that "I bet that's what will happen now".  Then when you could see the bus sitting down the street from them when she was telling him about her sister, it looks like things were maybe heading that way.  It is always such a jarring scene when that is used though.  Yikes.  I enjoyed Sawyer getting to kick the hell out of Danny for a bit though, I kept hoping that would happen.

I'm anxious to see Kate, Sawyer, and Karl get back to the rest of their crew now and (likely) try to rescue Jack, despite his warnings not to.  It sounds like we'll see more of what the rest of the island is up to next week, maybe we'll get some insight into Desmond and his "visions" now.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 8, 2007, 10:10 AM »
"Don't get mad at me, just cause you were dumb enough to fall for the old wookie prisoner gag."
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 8, 2007, 10:13 AM »
Thanks DeanPaul! Good memory.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 8, 2007, 10:34 AM »
Thanks DeanPaul! Good memory.

No problem.  Our ReplayTV (similar to a tivo) is connected to my computer, so I can pull the file over to store it on an external hard drive.  Or just watch it again. ;)

I liked the "I'm Tom, by the way" line.  Classic.

Offline rdm5777

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 8, 2007, 04:26 PM »
While watching, I said to my wife right after Juliet made the comment about her ex getting hit by the bus that "I bet that's what will happen now".  Then when you could see the bus sitting down the street from them when she was telling him about her sister, it looks like things were maybe heading that way.  It is always such a jarring scene when that is used though.  Yikes.

I said the same thing...that whole "hit by a bus" thing was painfully obvious and the weak point of the episode for me.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 9, 2007, 03:19 AM »
I fell asleep about halfway through.  Woke up, looked at the clock, saw Jack save Henri and Kate and Sawyer take off...  ho-hum, went to bed.

Still not impressed.  I want to like the show and still be interested in it, it's just not there anymore.  I'll give it 2 more weeks but if something doesn't snag my attention again I'll go back to watching CSI:NY.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline blimpyboy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Gamorrean lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2007, 11:05 PM »
Wow - all that just to find out Charlie's going to die?  That episode tied Further Instructions for most pointless episode this season.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2007, 01:14 PM »
'Lost' Producers Upset About Destroyed Footage

The producers of hit TV drama Lost have been handed an expensive headache after film canisters featuring master footage was erased by an airport X-ray machine. The show bosses are still trying to figure out who to blame for the costly mistake, which could leave them having to spend an extra $300,000 to reshoot the scenes on the destroyed film. According to sources, film of the show accidentally went through an x-ray machine at Honolulu International Airport in Hawaii, where the series is shot - and was wiped. Lost producers claim security personnel at the airport are to blame because they didn't take note of warning labels asking them not to put the film canisters through an x-ray machine. But airport insiders state the film canisters were mistakenly mixed in with passenger luggage, leading to the error.

Word is that airline officials will tell the producers who erased the footage but that any such statement could be contradicted in next week's episode.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2007, 09:46 AM »
'Lost' Producers Upset About Destroyed Footage

The producers of hit TV drama Lost have been handed an expensive headache after film canisters featuring master footage was erased by an airport X-ray machine. The show bosses are still trying to figure out who to blame for the costly mistake, which could leave them having to spend an extra $300,000 to reshoot the scenes on the destroyed film. According to sources, film of the show accidentally went through an x-ray machine at Honolulu International Airport in Hawaii, where the series is shot - and was wiped. Lost producers claim security personnel at the airport are to blame because they didn't take note of warning labels asking them not to put the film canisters through an x-ray machine. But airport insiders state the film canisters were mistakenly mixed in with passenger luggage, leading to the error.

Word is that airline officials will tell the producers who erased the footage but that any such statement could be contradicted in next week's episode.

E...

I'll tell you from experience (having to ship undeveloped film for many 'o productions) that there is no way these were put into luggage. Just doesn't happen. Shipping exposed Negative is a tried and true procedure that is full proof.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2007, 03:31 PM »
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 03:33 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2007, 10:18 AM »
I'm not sure what specifically is different about this season, but it is consistently not as interesting as last season.  Is it the lack of suspense in each episode?  They seem to be taking quite a bit longer to develop the story and each arc carries across several episodes vs. the character intensive episodes of the first and second season.  Is it because there isn't a lot of mystery as the creators try to unravel all the bits and pieces?

I'm lost.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2007, 11:00 AM »
There is not enough button-pushing this season... :P

I think a lot of it is due to the lack of mystery - We know what happens if the button doesn't get pushed, we've seen who the others are and where they live, we got a good look at the monster, we know a lot more about each character, what's in the hatch, etc.

I think they are trying to manufacture a lot of new little mysteries, but they are not as gripping as the originals that sucked you into the show in the first place... 

Most of the questions I still have about the show are all things that are left from the first season, things like:
 - what the hell was with Walt's powers?
 - what was up with the freaky numbers being everywhere?

Unfortunately, I don't think the Walt thing will ever get explained as they just wrote him and the dad (Michael) out of the show and we're left thinking there was nothing more to Walt than a cheap plot device... :-\
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:00 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2007, 11:52 AM »
That's pretty much it, Jeff.

All I've got to look forward to is Lando.  I'm thinking he lives on the same island as the castaways, now that we know the other island is just where they run projects.

Last night was episode 3x9, and Billy Dee Williams is rumored to be in 3x14.  That's going to be one looooooooong arc if it takes them that long to get to the Others "home" camp.  I hope I'm still watching.