Author Topic: LOST  (Read 133804 times)

Offline bamaker

• Youngling
  • Hey, look at this...
    • View Profile
Re: LOST
« Reply #330 on: January 31, 2008, 02:15 PM »
Okay, here's my take on "Who's in the coffin?" and "Why is Kate so repulsed by the thought of attending said person's funeral?" ...and most of this is based on an off-the-cuff comment my wife made the other day while we watched the Season 3 DVDs (and please tolerate the first observation that may seem racist, it is simply an observation based on the limited clues available in the funeral-home scene).   The funeral home appears to be in a black neighborhood, as indicated by several black men seen standing on the corner when Jack pulls up in front of the funeral home.  You don't see black men casually hanging out in Asian, Hispanic, or Caucasian neighborhoods (especially in a TV production, plus I believe the writers, directors, creators jammed that scene with all sorts of clues that will only become apparent as the series winds down).  So that puts suspicion strongly on Walt or Michael.  The coffin appears too small to be a full grown adult, so that means it has to be Walt.

Now why would Kate be disgusted by the idea of going to Walt's funeral.  Well, I really suspect that Walt has been influencing the events on the island since the very beginning, if he didn't in fact create the whole "island" himself (with powers similar to Franklin Richards from the Fantastic Four).  He reads a comic book about polar bears and *bam* there's a polar bear on the island.  Locke appears to have a connection with the island, and the first person he befriends is Walt.  Walt appears to have issues with his father, and it appears that everyone of our Losties on the island are working out father issues (as shown in the flashbacks ... only Charlie appears to be the exception to this).  Michael and Walt leave the island, but Walt re-appears to Locke and tells him he still has work to do.  Finally, ... Season 4 spoiler coming up

Michael is coming back to the island, so maybe Walt sends him back (pure speculation on my part at this point)

Ultimately, the Losties figure out all their troubles are because of Walt, that Walt sent them to the island, and many of them hate Walt because of it.  But not Jack; he wants to go back, and when he sees that the only one who could send him back is dead, Jack becomes suicidal.  Plus, it may also be the reason why the Others are interested in children ... maybe there is some legend about how a "child shall lead them" -- hence the interest in the young Ben Linus who showed a connection to the island, and now that he's no longer a child, the others are looking for the next child that will have that connection, and they just start grabbing all the kids they can, or start trying to reproduce their own (but can't).

(Granted, I still don't know what the hell the Monster is, or who was sitting in Jacob's chair?)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #331 on: January 31, 2008, 05:47 PM »
I hope the writer's guid strike ends soon so we can get the second half of the seson.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 31, 2008, 08:35 PM »
Good theory except for the fact that the Darma Init had polar bear cages long before Walt showed up on the island. I think old smokiee feeds off the subconscieness of the castaways and can morph into things that it finds there. Walt is the special one that can control old smokiee. Basically, the island reminds me of that away planet from the classic Star Trek where the crew starts to see things from their own imagination. 
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 1, 2008, 09:14 AM »
I hope the writer's guid strike ends soon so we can get the second half of the seson.

The strike might end soon, but we won't see the second half this season unless they extend the season into the summer.

Not disappointed with the premier at all.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 1, 2008, 09:27 AM »
I thought the season opener was great last night.  I'm definitely enjoying the "flash forward" aspect that was introduced in last season's finale, and it raises a lot more questions.  Also, maybe others have seen this before, but I hadn't - its a mobisode featuring Vincent (and a couple other characters that I won't mention just in case of spoilers) - you can view it HERE.  Its called "So It Begins".  I'm not sure when it was released or anything, because like I mentioned, I just saw it this morning (on the GH forums), but it is "official".

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 1, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Plenty of great screencaps from last night's episode:

http://www.losteastereggs.blogspot.com/

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 1, 2008, 12:17 PM »
Last night's opener was good - just wish so much of it wasn't recap, as I've laredy been watching S3 on DVD.  Where did they all meet up towards the end of the show?  Was that the front section of the plane where Kate, Charlie, and Jack watched the pilot get killed early in S1? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 1, 2008, 12:34 PM »
  Was that the front section of the plane where Kate, Charlie, and Jack watched the pilot get killed early in S1? 

Yep.

I enjoyed last night's episode.  Not as many "Holy ****" moments as the season 3 opener, but still good.  It'll be interesting to see where all the flash forwards happen time wise and how they all fit together.  For instance last night's FF happened before season 3's finale chronologically.  That means we get to see Jack completely lose it.  Something happens that makes him want to go back to the island, where last night he mentioned he never wants to go back.

It just sucks that we only get 8 episodes this season and will most likely have to wait almost a year for any new episodes.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #338 on: February 1, 2008, 05:38 PM »
Great episode, kinda weird with the flash forwards.  Apparently only 6 people leave the island...and someone is looking for everyone else.  Plenty of questions that most likely won't be answered.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 1, 2008, 09:50 PM »
Maybe Sylar thinks the Oceanic 6 are a group of super heros and is hunting them down one by one. That is why Jack wants to get back to his island batcave.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #340 on: February 2, 2008, 08:57 AM »
So i am totally going to once again push my theory that Jacob is Christian. If you watch that scene where Hurley is near the cabin in slow motion you can see Christian sitting int he chair.

EDIT!!!!

:o :o :o :o

Brian thanks for the clip!
« Last Edit: February 2, 2008, 09:03 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 7, 2008, 10:02 PM »
At the end of tonight's episode, when Ben said "Because I have a man on that boat" my first thought was that it was Michael. 

This show has sucked me right back in again -- I hope this season can keep up this level of intrigue. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #342 on: February 7, 2008, 10:33 PM »
Anyone else notice "Takes helmet off", "I'm Daniel Faraday, I'm here to rescue you"

"Takes helmet off", I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you" reference?

Cool episode. I think they want revenge on Ben becuase of the Purge.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 8, 2008, 09:19 AM »
At the end of tonight's episode, when Ben said "Because I have a man on that boat" my first thought was that it was Michael.

That's kind of what I was thinking as well.  Another good episode last night I thought.  It always leaves me counting the days until the next episode, and really is one of the most well-made shows on TV I think.  Nice SW reference (again) on there.  I remember last week when they had the "enhanced" version of last year's season finale, the "pop up info" revealed that Hurley using the VW van to save everyone "back at the camp" was a reference to the Falcon coming in to save the day as well.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 8, 2008, 12:20 PM »
Nice SW reference (again) on there.  I remember last week when they had the "enhanced" version of last year's season finale, the "pop up info" revealed that Hurley using the VW van to save everyone "back at the camp" was a reference to the Falcon coming in to save the day as well.

Don't forget the more obvious reference last night, when Sawyer referred to Ben as "Yoda". ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(