Author Topic: LOST  (Read 133802 times)

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: LOST
« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2008, 03:32 AM »
What about the references to C.S.Lewis? I was talking to my sister on Friday, and I said this is starting to remind me of "Chronicles of Nanria."  Sure, enough I was reading a lost blog, and someone pointed out that at the end when Ben calls out Charlotte her initials are C.S.L. You might be interested in knowing that the first chapter in C.S.Lewis "Prince Caspin" is entitled "Island" ???? I made the connection about in the Chronicles of Narnia the characters have the ability to go back and fourth from the normal world into some mysterious world. IF you followed LOST you would have noticed the references to "Alice In Wounderland"" and "Wizzard
 of OZ" which also follow the same theme as the "Chronicles of Narnia.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 11, 2008, 09:15 AM »
The last new episode was one of the best yet. When the two factions split the "rescuers," that took things to a new level for me.

And yeah, Michael being the man on the boat makes perfect sense. Nice deduction Tracy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 11, 2008, 10:40 PM »
Anyone else notice "Takes helmet off", "I'm Daniel Faraday, I'm here to rescue you"

"Takes helmet off", I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you" reference?

Cool episode. I think they want revenge on Ben becuase of the Purge.

I totally caught that - I love it when they hide references like this in the dialogue!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 22, 2008, 09:48 AM »
Another good episodes last night I thought, with some interesting revelations.  I was proud of myself that I called the ending "twist" the first time you see Kate mention her son (which is likely the "he" she had to get back to in Jack's flash-forward in last season's finale).  The stuff going on with Miles and Ben is interesting as well, and the story/lie that apparently the Oceanic 6 has been sticking to since their return.  Lots of good stuff.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 09:51 AM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #349 on: February 22, 2008, 11:16 AM »
I called the "twist" at the end too, I thought it was pretty obvious. I think the bigger question is if they are lying that 8 survived, where and who are the other 2?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 22, 2008, 11:24 AM »
You're right, the twist was probably obvious, although they seemed to be trying to lead us to think that it was Sawyer and Kate's baby - and that she lied to him.  Its an interesting twist to be sure, and leads to the question(s) of why Jack doesn't want to see Aaron (something with Claire most likely - and if he found out they were related at some point).  Also, what happened to Claire?  I'm really having fun watching this season - we're actually getting some answers, but more questions as well, and it sure has been interesting.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 22, 2008, 11:38 AM »
I called the "twist" at the end too, I thought it was pretty obvious. I think the bigger question is if they are lying that 8 survived, where and who are the other 2?

Didn't they say during Kate's trial that 8 survived the crash, but two died later?  (Plus remember -- Aaron didn't "survive" the crash -- he wasn't born yet, and Christian didn't "survive" either, he was already dead) ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #352 on: February 22, 2008, 01:15 PM »
I dont remmeber jack saying two died later when he was on stand but he may have. The preview for next weeks episode has me pretty excited. Looks like futre Desomnd to me.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #353 on: February 22, 2008, 01:28 PM »
Each episode of this show keeps getting better and better.  I thought at the season finale last year that Kate was referring to Sawyer when she said "he" was waiting for her to get home, but apparently it's Aaron!

It seems pretty obvious that the Oceanic Six have some sort of cover story about their time on the island and they said two people were killed in that cover story.  I hope we hear more about it soon.

Only one more of the Oceanic Six needs to be revealed....think we'll be waiting for the last episode this season for that one?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #354 on: February 22, 2008, 02:12 PM »
What do you guys think about Daniel and the cards scene. They seem to know that the island has some type of special property and i think they were testing psychic abilities.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 22, 2008, 02:50 PM »
Only one more of the Oceanic Six needs to be revealed....think we'll be waiting for the last episode this season for that one?

I was wondering about that as well.  We may still have two to go, since some of the people we have seen don't necessarily "count".  Ben isn't one of the Oceanic passengers, Aaron technically wasn't either (since he was born on the island), and Desmond got their his own way as well.  If you go by that, we've just got Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sayid so far.  I could see us having to wait a bit longer to find out who the last one or two are though.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #356 on: February 22, 2008, 03:16 PM »
I think the count is 4 which means 2 more left.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 22, 2008, 04:54 PM »
I want to know why he asked Ben for 3.2 million....what's that mean??   I called the baby thing too but not until 1/2 way through the show.  Man, you have to listen really close sometimes when they speak and look at everything going on - and NEVER try and make popcorn during the show - blasted popping was so loud I barely heard what Kate and Sawyer were saying!!
Beth

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #358 on: February 22, 2008, 05:45 PM »
3.2 million was pretty specific. I also have the theory that miles is the grandson of the asian guy on the dharma videos. It would explain why he is so angry with Ben and has knowledge. Its probably absolutley wrong but i love those dharma videos

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 22, 2008, 07:57 PM »
What do you guys think about Daniel and the cards scene. They seem to know that the island has some type of special property and i think they were testing psychic abilities.

I think I missed what Daniel said at the end of that little game because after it happened, for the rest of the show, I had this thought that he was losing his memory.  That he forgot what the other card was.  Maybe I missed something.  I'll have to watch it when it replays next week.

After Kate mentioned her "son" and then the scene with her and Claire I guessed that she had Aaron back in the US.  The whole Oceanic 6 has baffled me from the beginning, I couldn't figure out what was going on and when Jack gave his testimony last night it was a real head scratcher.  Now, is everyone else dead or are they covering for them so nobody goes looking for the island where the rest are still living?

The show is good, but it's still frustrating.  I want answers, damn it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"