Author Topic: LOST  (Read 134497 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: LOST
« Reply #375 on: March 1, 2008, 11:49 AM »
Tivo'ed it, watched it yesterday. That episode was about as weird as it gets.  :o The ending with Farraday was great...'If anything goes wrong, Desmond will be my constant.' I guess he must be jumping back and forward in time too and has just gotten used to it somehow. ???
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 3, 2008, 10:00 PM »
I think he put that in his journal because of the experience with Desmond in the past to act as a saftey, but I don't think he's jumping back and forth in time.  If he was, he would be passed out in the "present" time at least once in a while.

However, I do think that he will go through the same time jumping thing at some point.  Remember how he was crying in his flashback when they found the remains of the flight on TV?  And he didn't know why he was crying?  I wonder if this is him travelling back in time and suffering the same problem, but he won't be able to find Desmond. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 4, 2008, 08:46 AM »
TV Guide has a nice Q and A up now, with questions from the cast and answers from the producers (Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof).  Sounds like we'll be getting a lot of answers yet this season, and topics covered are the Oceanic 6, time jumping, the coffin, etc.  SPOILERS are definitely discussed, so beware, although there aren't really any definitive "answers" given, more about what will be covered in the upcoming episodes.  Sounds good.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 4, 2008, 10:01 AM »
Yeah, they always tell us we're going to get a whole bunch of answers then we get squat.  I will admit though that last week's episode had some good info in it and, IMO, was probably the best episode so far this season.

Still, I think a psych student could write their thesis paper on my love/hate relationship with this show.  I feel like the battered girlfriend that keeps going home because my "man" keeps promising me things will get better.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 4, 2008, 01:41 PM »
As the main characters have all of these little adventures, do you think all of the unnamed faceless survivors on the beach know what is happening? Do they know they are in danger or do they just go about their business of sitting on the beach and making dinner?

Wouldn't it be great to have a spin off on just them but going on at the same time? Kind of like ST:TNG and Deep Space 9.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 5, 2008, 09:16 AM »
I think we've see that the lesser characters, tend to get left out of the loop by the main characters by design. No need to worry the troops until they need to be worried.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 5, 2008, 03:30 PM »
I think we've see that the lesser characters, tend to get left out of the loop by the main characters by design. No need to worry the troops until they need to be worried.

They are left out of any "missions" the main characters go on, but they obviously aren't oblivious to things like the hatch, people dying, presence of "the others," etc.  If I was one of 30 or so "extras," I don't think I would be content just accepting everything that was happening and hanging out on the beach. 
« Last Edit: March 5, 2008, 03:31 PM by JediJman »
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 7, 2008, 08:25 AM »
Last night's episode sucked.  Why would anyone tape over a Red Sox tape?  :'(

Actually I enjoyed it.  Some answers, some more questions.  Good stuff.  Plus Ben is fast becoming the best character on the show (him and Desmond).  Always in control, even when he's locked in a closet.  And he brought the funny - "this rabbit didn't have a number on it did it?" and "see you at dinner" while Sawyer and Hurley stared at him slacked jawed.

Plus Juliet is teh hawt.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #383 on: March 7, 2008, 08:50 AM »
Ben and Desmond all the way. It was an OK episode. I had already guessed that Widmore was the man behind the boat and the "economist". I don't know i f i buy Ben's story about wanting to exploit the island. That may be part of it but i also think that Widmore wants to keep Desmond there. Its a race now between father and daughter to find the island. As for the man on the boat, i think they made it pretty obvious that it is Michael with the preview for next week.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 7, 2008, 09:10 AM »
Ben is much better than he was last year for sure. I have to re-watch last nights episodes because I had some distractions and missed some lines and images.

However, I did catch that the last of the Oceanic 6 will be revealed next week, so our little debate will be answered once and for all.  :)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 7, 2008, 09:13 AM »
However, I did catch that the last of the Oceanic 6 will be revealed next week, so our little debate will be answered once and for all.

I noticed that as well, looking forward to it.  I really lean towards Michael being the "man on the boat" as well.  We know he's coming back to the show at some point, somehow, and this seems like as good a place as any.  He's been in the opening credits a couple of times already this season.  Another good episode overall last night, with some nice light shed on Ben and Juliet.  I think that Michael Emerson (Ben) should be considered for awards, something like "best creepy guy" or something :).  I also liked the moment of Sawyer and Hurley playing horseshoes and Ben walks by "see you at dinner".

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 7, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Why do they list an actor's name on the credits for an episode the actor didn't appear in? They did that a few times for Fisher Stevens when we never saw him until we were on the boat.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 7, 2008, 09:57 AM »
  I think that Michael Emerson (Ben) should be considered for awards, something like "best creepy guy" or something :)

He already has. :)  He won an Emmy for playing an extra-creepy serial killer on The Practice - as well as a "fun" award for playing "Best Baddie".
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 8, 2008, 09:41 AM »
Why do they list an actor's name on the credits for an episode the actor didn't appear in? They did that a few times for Fisher Stevens when we never saw him until we were on the boat.

Contracts and money, and a lot of time it has nothing to do with the actors ego either. It's sometimes cheeper for the studio to give actors a better credit, has to do with their "appearing" status (regular, re-occurring, guest star, etc...)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 8, 2008, 01:40 PM »

Contracts and money, and a lot of time it has nothing to do with the actors ego either. It's sometimes cheeper for the studio to give actors a better credit, has to do with their "appearing" status (regular, re-occurring, guest star, etc...)

Also think that its easier to just create a line of credits and use that multiple times, rather than altering them for whomever may have appeared in the show.  Certainly if a guest actor appears, they should be named, but I wouldn't want to have to track each character for an appearance and then change the list each time.