Author Topic: LOST  (Read 133814 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: LOST
« Reply #390 on: March 14, 2008, 09:13 AM »
So, the final count on the Oceanic 6 - Jack, Kate, Hugo, Sayid, Aaron and Sun? Everyone in agreement?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 14, 2008, 09:18 AM »
I'm not counting Aaron... yet....

Did they confirm that the last of the Oceanic 6 were supposed to be confirmed by this week's episode.  If so, then I guess I'd have to agree.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 09:20 AM by BrentS »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 14, 2008, 10:33 AM »
I love this show.  The simultaneous flashback/flash-forward last night was brilliant.  And I'm sure that you all caught the date of death on Jin's tombstone?  9/22/2004 ... which is the day the plane crashed. 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 14, 2008, 03:35 PM »
So in a way they are cheating here. Jin is alive but in hidding and assumed dead. I also don't count Aaron as an Oceanic 6 survivor. That means there is still one left. I have a feeling that these flash forwards are actually different realities that may or maynot have anything to do with what is happening on the island. I believe this because Hurrly keeps showing up in everyone's flash forward. For example, if he is back in the mental ward, how can he go to Korea to see Sun?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 14, 2008, 04:09 PM »
So, the final count on the Oceanic 6 - Jack, Kate, Hugo, Sayid, Aaron and Sun? Everyone in agreement?

Not the way I saw it at all.  I figured the six were Jack, Kate, Hugo, Sayid, Sun, and either Aaron or one more survivor.  No idea what the heck is up with Jin - he obviously survives, but maybe has amnesia?  Weird.  Keep thinking back to Jack's testimony where he said 8 survived the crash, but there is an "Oceanic 6," which must mean that two people's bodies are recovered and appear to have survived the crash, but are obvously dead before the rescue.  What I want to see is how they are going to get around reports that all of the bodies from the plane crash were recovered, but 6-8 other (some live) bodies have shown up, so who are the 6-8 extra dead people?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #395 on: March 14, 2008, 04:55 PM »
So in a way they are cheating here. Jin is alive but in hidding and assumed dead.

No idea what the heck is up with Jin - he obviously survives, but maybe has amnesia?

How does how he "obviously" survive?

The way I saw it, he is either a) dead on the island or b) still alive on the island.  I think the date on the tombstone leaves his fate wide open...

Maybe he does die on the island, but they have to pretend he died in the crash, just like they are pretending everyone else died in the crash.  Or maybe he is alive on the island still... no straight answer on that yet IMHO.  Either way, Sun sure seemed sad without him.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #396 on: March 14, 2008, 05:18 PM »
So were they doing a flash forward with Sun and a flashback with Jin?  I'm so confused!  Also, we are supposed to know the the identity of all the Oceanic Six now...according to the preview they showed on 6 March.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 14, 2008, 05:25 PM »
How does how he "obviously" survive?

The way I saw it, he is either a) dead on the island or b) still alive on the island.  I think the date on the tombstone leaves his fate wide open...

If he is still on the island or dead, then they were doing a flash forward and flash back at the same time, which I don't think they've done before.  Not saying that can't be it, but I took the Jin/Sun scenes to both be set post rescue, which would mean that Jin is alive, but living a seperate life.  If that's the case, either Sun doesn't know he's still alive or she can't be with him for some reason, which would make her equally sad.  If they do know he's alive, seems kind of pointless to have them go to his grave. 

Obviously the writers have some plan to tie all this up, but I'm starting to get impatient to actually see it! 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #398 on: March 14, 2008, 05:42 PM »
So were they doing a flash forward with Sun and a flashback with Jin? 

If he is still on the island or dead, then they were doing a flash forward and flash back at the same time, which I don't think they've done before.

There were lots of clues that Jin was flashing back, not forward - his old style cell phone, the "year of the dragon" bit at the toy store (last year of the dragon was 2000), the fact he was working for Paik Industries, his goofy haircut.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 14, 2008, 06:08 PM »
Didn't Jin also say to the lady at the hospital when she asked about if he had children yet "No, I have only been married two months"  I took that remark as it was a flash back....but with this show - hell, you never know!!

So, onto next week....did the preview say that someone dies?  As in 'someone from the plane' dies or just someone in general dies??
Beth

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 14, 2008, 07:47 PM »
For example, if he is back in the mental ward, how can he go to Korea to see Sun?

Easy.  Sun's flashback happened before Hurley's.  He wasn't back in the mental institution yet.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 15, 2008, 12:38 AM »
My wife was confused by this too.  I thought it was pretty obvious that Jin's was a flash back and Sun's was a flash forward.  Of course the director wanted you to think they were both flash forwards but they were not. 

I agree, Hurly could have come to Korea before getting checked back into the institution.

BTW, congrats to whoever called the Michael thing way back.  Nice!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 15, 2008, 10:07 AM »

Did they confirm that the last of the Oceanic 6 were supposed to be confirmed by this week's episode. 

Yep. The preview said, the last of the Oceanic 6 will be revealed.

I think we have to give credit to the Michael thing to Tracy
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 15, 2008, 11:18 AM »
Agreed, good call Tracy!

I bet Claire is somehow gonna die next week, and that's how Kate will end up with Aaron.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 15, 2008, 06:28 PM »
I would assume Claire has to die also for the baby to go to Kate but how does the baby get to Kate?  Does she get shot and Hurley goes and gets Jack for help and then she has Kate promise to take care of Aaron?  Is that why Hurley ends up with Jack and company when they leave the island?  I dunno....but this season is much better than last season, IMHO.
Beth