Author Topic: LOST  (Read 133842 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: LOST
« Reply #450 on: May 16, 2008, 11:01 AM »
I know, I'm going to be pissed if Desmond gets killed. 

He's one of my favorite characters too, but I'm afraid he's not going to make it.  He's not one of the Oceanic 6, and last week he made his speech to Sayid about already spending 3 years on the island and there was no way he was going back..............
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 16, 2008, 11:02 AM »
I know, I'm going to be pissed if Desmond gets killed. 

And Jin.

I wasn't 100% convinced that Jin was really dead after Sun's flash forward / Jin's flashback episode this season.  I always thought he was alive on the island and the whole dead / grave thing was part Hurley and Jin's cover story about the crash and the island.  Jin always said he'd do anything to get his family off the island (and specifically mentioned it again last night) and if that meant staying behind, then so be it.

Now it's looking more and more like he might be on the ship when it goes kablooey.  :'(

I don't think Desmond dies though.  They've built up his whole relationship with Penny to end it without them ever getting to see each again.  Plus him living sets up his confrontation with Ben if and when Ben kills Penny. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #452 on: May 16, 2008, 12:07 PM »

I don't think Desmond dies though.  They've built up his whole relationship with Penny to end it without them ever getting to see each again.  Plus him living sets up his confrontation with Ben if and when Ben kills Penny. 

That is my thinking as well. It makes the storyline much more powerful if Desomnd is alive as Ben goes after Penny.

With that said, i dont believe the people on the freighter are the one's saving the oceanic 6. I think that someone else is going to come and save them and it could be Penny becuase we know she is looking. We could still get a reunion with desomnd and penny and him still not make it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #453 on: May 16, 2008, 11:13 PM »
The preveiw for next episode gave away a bit too much for me.
If you didnt see the preveiw it might spoil something for you.
Speaking of Desmond, I am still curious how the former CIA agent that he was with in the hatch got "recruited" for the station.

Also just found this heheh.
Not intending to spam but this is fitting for both the BSG and LOST threads...
The Name of the Sitehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUShe6H6eVE&feature=related
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 17, 2008, 01:31 PM »
That link doesn't work. You want this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3dUUShe6H6eVE%26
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 29, 2008, 11:14 PM »
WOW!! What a finale! Not so post spoilers yet, but this finale changes the whole dynamic of the show. And at least I know why the polar bears are on the island: They're contestants on Z"The Price is Right" and it's time to spin the Wheel!!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #456 on: May 29, 2008, 11:36 PM »
That was a great season finale...

SPOILERS

Desmond in the water after the crash...  Me: "NO!"  >:(

Desmond on Penny's boat... Me:  "Awesome!"  ;D

I totally thought he was a goner, glad to see he made it (at least for now).   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 29, 2008, 11:47 PM »
SPOILERS
Desmond on the Boat and Jack starts giving him mouth to mouth...
My Wife: No! Not Desmond!  He's Dead.
Me: He's fine. They never work on someone that long if they're really dead.
A second later Desmond spits up water and we both cheered.

Funny, I was thinking that he died all the way up until tonight because they never showed him as one of the six survivors.  Never crossed my mind until he "came to" that he could just be rescued in secret, seeing as how he was never on the plane to begin with.  Duh.  seeing Penny on the boat was the highlight of the show for me - what a great moment for them both. 

We also took bets on who was in the coffin and I'm $5 richer.   ;)  Dissapointed at how that part turned out though - assuming he's really dead. 

One question for everyone - Is "walt" the same actor from prior seasons and he's just gone thorugh a growth spurt?  Seemed like a different actor to me at first, but I wasn't so sure by the end of the scene. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #458 on: May 30, 2008, 12:31 AM »
Spoilers:

That was the same actor for Walt, and he has grown quite a bit, but it's about right because it's been three years since he left.

They actually got me with who was in the coffin!  I thought it was Ben all through the episode but then he was standing behind Jack and for some reason I thought it was Sawyer!

I was hoping we could find out what Sawyer said to Kate before he jumped...guess we have to wait until the fall.  >:(

It's going to be a great finale season as Jack tries to get all 7 back to the Island, and we find out what bad things happened along the way!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 30, 2008, 01:47 AM »
There are two seasons left. Not one.

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #460 on: May 30, 2008, 02:17 AM »
Awesome :)

Well after last seasons finale i guessed Ben in casket, but Locke always made sense too.

Even though you knew it was coming Jin's death was really sad. i really can't see them finding a way to bring him back either even if he was alive in the water the island would of moved before he could swim to it, which would be tough with likely injury from the explosion.

Christian's appearance before Michael pretty much confirms he's gone for good.

and YES!!! justice :) i was so happy to see Desmond get back to penny. My favorite TV couple of all next to Jim and Pam on the office.

I got a huge chill in the kate flash forward when she picked up the phone and heard all the backward talking or whatever it was. creepy!

I had a feeling Juliet might not make it, but it's cool she should be around for a little while longer at least. I was hoping to see one clip of her and sawyer after the island move, oh well next January eh?

So they may be going back to the island but it's still hard to see what they are going to do for 2 more seasons.

i guess they have alt endings on good morning america tommarrow.

Did anyone notice the ad during one of the last breaks? Octagon Global is recruiting? all kinds of positions. hmmmm...... sounds alot like the dharma eh? :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 02:21 AM by Theo Zissou »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 30, 2008, 08:33 AM »

And Jin.

I wasn't 100% convinced that Jin was really dead after Sun's flash forward / Jin's flashback episode this season.  I always thought he was alive on the island and the whole dead / grave thing was part Hurley and Jin's cover story about the crash and the island.  Jin always said he'd do anything to get his family off the island (and specifically mentioned it again last night) and if that meant staying behind, then so be it.

Now it's looking more and more like he might be on the ship when it goes kablooey.  :'(

The more I think about it, the more I don't think Jin is dead.  Sure, we were made to believe he blew up with the freighter, but we never saw the body.  And what's the golden rule?  If you never see a body, that person isn't dead.  Plus he was too much of a major character to not get an up close and personal death scene.  My guess is he jumped off the boat before it blew and was swimming back to the island, most likely found by Daniel and the Zodiac and was within the time travel/displacement bubble when the island moved.  We'll see them in season 5 drinking rum with Juliet, her nice boobies and Sawyer on the beach.

What an amazing finale.  Lots of great stuff - the Sayid / Keamy fight, Locke in the coffin, the island disappearing and the best moment of all - Penny and Desmond finally seeing each other.  I got goosebumps and almost wept like a little bitch.

It's going to be a long wait until January...

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 30, 2008, 09:35 AM »
Any guesses as to the two alternate endings? I'd guess that they changed up who was in the coffin, but my wife and I reasoned why it couldn't have been anyone else.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 30, 2008, 09:43 AM »
Great show. It is still staying with me even now. I thought it was kind of funny how all of the red shirts on the boat knew the bomb was going to go off but didn't make any attempt to get on the helicopter. I guess they were all too busy putting their life jackets on.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 30, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Finally got caught up with LOST last night.  We'd fallen behind and had them saved on our DVR.  We watched the second to last episode on Wednesday and saw the finale last night.  I absolutely loved this season!!

I forgot to set up the DVR for Good Morning America so I'm interested in hearing about the alternate endings.

My take on a couple of the SPOILERS....

A couple random thoughts - First the boat explosion, if you look at where the explosion took place it was inside the main cabins.  Jin was running towards the landing platform pretty far from the explosion site.  Also when you saw the boat blow in the first shot, there is quite a bit of the main deck still intact.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Jin having jumped off and swam as well.   Next up, so what's the story with Sun and Whitmore, is she just interested in helping him go after Ben?  Maybe "Bantham" went to see her too and told the story of Ben letting Keamy die.