Author Topic: LOST  (Read 134583 times)

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
Re: LOST
« Reply #480 on: May 31, 2008, 11:42 AM »

I know alot of people think Jin is not dead, but i just can't see where he could end up with the island moving. I've also read a theory that the raft with Faraday was in range of the island move and moved with it, but I'm not so sure about that either. It showed Faraday and the raft in the water after the island disappeared.

??? I don't remembering seeing the Zodiac on screen after the island moved. There was a shot (the white flash) right before the island disappeared of the raft but no shot of the raft in the water after the island went bye bye.

Jin knew there was explosives on the freighter so once he saw that he couldn't get on the helicopter, do you honestly think he'd stand around waiting to get blown up? 

yep watching it again they last show the Zodiac during the light flash. So i guess there is a good chance the raft moved with the island. I'm not so sure The Zodiac was in range of the freighter to pick up jin, and the freighter was pretty far off shore to be pulled along with the island. This is one of the fun things about the show :) figuring what really happened.

That's a interesting theory on widmore being on the island before. :)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 31, 2008, 01:42 PM »

Jin knew there was explosives on the freighter so once he saw that he couldn't get on the helicopter, do you honestly think he'd stand around waiting to get blown up? 

Yes, just like all the red shirts on the boat waited around to get blown up.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 31, 2008, 01:55 PM »
I saw it last night. Very good episode, it definitely changes everything.

Wasn't Ben wearing the Dharma parka thing in the desert during the flash forward? Also, where were Rose and Bernard in all this? Are they still on the island or are they with Farraday? I'm just trying to put every character somewhere. And, I also think Jin's still alive. I also think eventually when the Oceanic 6 (and Locke) do go back to the island, Sun will be going 1) to find Jin and 2) to help lead Whitmore to it for revenge.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of 'horrible things' happened on the island after Jack left. Should be interesting...
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 31, 2008, 02:32 PM »

Yes, just like all the red shirts on the boat waited around to get blown up.

I honestly think they didn't know what was going on.  The only people we know for sure who saw the C4 was Michael, Jin and Desmond.  Then we have a bunch of chaos up to and including the freighter blowing up.  Most people don't process information too efficiently in panic situations.  Who knows, maybe Jin isn't the only survivor.  :P

Assuming he survives, I think we have to make the logical assumption that Jin gets back on the island somehow.  I doubt there's much story to tell about some dude floating out in the middle of the ocean.  We know he's not on the Zodiac with Faraday so that leaves that out.  We can also assume he didn't swim back to the island before the island disappeared because the helicopter didn't quite make it back to the island either, and though Jin is a good swimmer, I doubt he can swim faster than the helicopter can fly.  That leaves that weird time displacement thing between the island and the freighter.  Remember the doctor washing up on the island a day before he was killed on the freighter?  That's my guess on how they explain Jin making it back to the island before it time warped.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #484 on: May 31, 2008, 03:51 PM »

Wasn't Ben wearing the Dharma parka thing in the desert during the flash forward? Also, where were Rose and Bernard in all this?

Yep he was wearing the haliwax dharma jacket and if you go back to that episode his arm was cut as well which happened when the ladder broke on the way down to the wheel.

Rose and Bernard are on the island. I'm pretty sure they intended on staying because of Rose's cancer being cured on the island.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 1, 2008, 10:01 AM »
Three years though, all those people stuck on the island. It'll be quite interesting to see everything that happened in those three years. I'm still hoping they explain the whole selection process for being kidnapped by the others. I thought it had something to do with spotty pasts, but Rose and Bernard seem fairly clear cut, though I have to admit I can't remember their flashback all to well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 1, 2008, 12:01 PM »
Three years though, all those people stuck on the island. It'll be quite interesting to see everything that happened in those three years. I'm still hoping they explain the whole selection process for being kidnapped by the others. I thought it had something to do with spotty pasts, but Rose and Bernard seem fairly clear cut, though I have to admit I can't remember their flashback all to well.

The only flashback I remember with Rose and Bernard was when they were in Australia seeking a cure for her cancer just before the crash.  Where there any others that showed their past that I missed or forgot about ???
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 1, 2008, 01:38 PM »
When ben told Jack the ALL needed to go back to the island that would include the O6 Jack,Kate,Hurley,Syaid,Sun, and Arron..that six..he said John..thats 7..does he also mean Walt which would make 8. What about Desi and the Chopper dude?

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #488 on: June 1, 2008, 02:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure he wants Walt to go since Locke visited Walt. I'm pretty sure we won't see frank again. I'm sure we will see Desmond again, I'm not sure he would be part of the group that has to go back though. In a way i would almost be alright with not seeing Desmond again as part of the main story even though he is such a cool character just because i always wanted to see him make it, and he's in the best possible spot right now with penny :)

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #489 on: June 1, 2008, 08:14 PM »

Could this possibly be Jin swimming shortly before it exploded?

even if it is, unless the island move reached all the way to the freighter wreck i'm not sure where he could go.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 1, 2008, 11:15 PM »
Nice screen grab there Theo.  Could very well be Jin

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 1, 2008, 11:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure he wants Walt to go since Locke visited Walt. I'm pretty sure we won't see frank again. I'm sure we will see Desmond again, I'm not sure he would be part of the group that has to go back though. In a way i would almost be alright with not seeing Desmond again as part of the main story even though he is such a cool character just because i always wanted to see him make it, and he's in the best possible spot right now with penny :)

I think Frank is gone, as is Micheal.  I think Jin is out there - could be a back-up boat or the other people from the island on the inflatable, whatever.  And I think we will definitely see a lot more of Desmond.  For starters, Ben is gunning for Penny after Widmore killed his daughter.  There's bound to be a plotline with Penny and Ben and Desmond is pretty likely to be involved.  Second, if the island requires Locke to be among those returning, I've got believe its going to require Desmond too.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 2, 2008, 09:19 AM »
Yeah, thanks Theo! Love that attention to detail.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 19, 2008, 11:31 AM »
This is a little overdue....I'm not sure if anyone here listens to the Official LOST Podcast, but I got around to listening to the final episode (prior to the finale) today.  Anyways, in the Q and A, they get on the subject of whether or not Stormtroopers think they are "bad guys" (in a question relating to the LOST baddies).  They discuss Star Wars for a bit, and its sort of funny.  Anyways, just wanted to pass it along for anyone interested.  Its a pretty good podcast overall to listen to anyways if you enjoy the show.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 19, 2008, 03:46 PM »
Stormtroopers are loyal soldiers and don't think in terms of being good guys or bad guys. They do their job and not think twice about it.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours