Author Topic: LOST  (Read 133862 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: LOST
« Reply #525 on: January 30, 2009, 09:45 AM »
The other night was one of the better episodes in a while. I wasn't expecting that to be Widmore and just thought it was awesome. I am thinking the girl witht he gun, Ellie is the old woman Ben was talking to at the end of the season opener, who i also think is Daniel's mother. Hope that makes sense. Desmond episodes are the best.

On a side note, did anyone notice the painting in Widmore's office when Desmond went to see him? It was a painting of a polar bear with the word Namaste.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 30, 2009, 09:47 AM »
Keeping all that in mind, do you think Richard went to visit John Locke as a boy because of some other indicator that said he might be a good leader or because past-John told him when and where he would be born and Richard decided to check it out? 

The latter.  That's why Richard showed the young John the compass that he had originally given to the old John (which Locke later returned to Richard in the past).

Offline bamaker

• Youngling
  • Hey, look at this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 30, 2009, 09:49 AM »
I'm wondering if Faraday's whole "the future can't change" shtick is for real.

I've always wondered about that statement as well, going back to the show about Desmond's constant from last season.  

Desmond meets Faraday in the past at Oxford, and sees him transfer Eloise's (the rat) consciousness to the future where Faraday evidently trains it to run the maze.  This is demonstrated when Eloise successfully runs the maze.  Desmond blacks out and returns to the freighter.  Then Desmond returns to Faraday's office (and I get the impression that he was only blacked out for a few minutes, maybe an hour) and discovers that Eloise is dead.   Which means Faraday never actually had the chance to train her and so the FUTURE HAS BEEN CHANGED!!!  

Time travel stories almost always fall apart under any scrutiny, so I hope the LOST creators are very careful and don't try to make the whole focus of the show about time travel.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #528 on: February 5, 2009, 09:54 AM »
Another good episode. Not surprised to see Jinn alive, his name has been in the credits.

I like how they referenced Miles may have been on the island beofre, so i still think he is Candle's son.

I think Ajira Airlines may be the company the Oceanic 6 take back to the island.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 5, 2009, 10:06 AM »
***SPOILERS ABOUND***

I think Miles is definitely the son of the guy from the videos.  Seems like a perfect fit given that we know he had a kid and Faraday's comment about duration on the island.

Based on the island traveling through time, I'm starting to wonder about unexplained events much earlier in the series:

#1 - Remember when Charlie is strung up and left to die, but mysteriously gets loose?  I wonder if someone who is time-hopping sets him free.

#2 - Remember the two skeletons Jack found in the cave next to where they find fresh water?  Could that be someone from the plane who traveled way back in time?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 5, 2009, 10:38 AM »
Another intriguing episode.  Didn't see the twist w/ Clair's mum comming.  I like the way the rescue brings Jinn back.  As soon as I Locke said something about speaking French, I immediately thought a Younger Rosseau. (Sp?). 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 5, 2009, 10:48 AM »
We saw in last weeks episode Penny gives birth to a son and names him Charlie. Is it possible that this kid get stuck back in time and end up being drummer Charlie from the beginning of the show?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 5, 2009, 10:54 AM »
We saw in last weeks episode Penny gives birth to a son and names him Charlie. Is it possible that this kid get stuck back in time and end up being drummer Charlie from the beginning of the show?

This is exactly why I don't watch this show.  Haven't they all been found - got off the island, and now need to go back or something?  ugh...too much for me.  Obviously has to be one of those shows you needed to start with the first ep or you're lost

I guess I shouldn't complain - I'll still be following Prison Break this Spring and they've already broken out of prison (twice)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 5, 2009, 10:59 AM »

Or how about the more logical explanation that Desmond named his son after Charlie out of respect? (and note it's Charlie, not Charles, aka Penny's father)

I know people love to throw out these crazy theories, especially with a show like Lost, but sometimes, the simplest explanation is the answer.  That's most likely the case here.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 5, 2009, 11:14 AM »

With this show, anything is possible.  Still ... I think that Desmond named his son after Charlie in honor of his death and sacrifice.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #535 on: February 5, 2009, 01:12 PM »
Yeah, naming the kid after Charlie makes the most sense since Desmond and Charlie had a unique thing - in a funny sort of way, Desmond was able to "save" Charlie after all.

As for last night's episode, there were so many things happening again that it was just crazy - where did the strange boats come from?  Who was shooting at them?  How the heck is Jin (knew he wasn't dead) going to explain himself to Russo and the Frenchies (makes me want to go back to some of those episodes and see if Russo ever reacted/interacted with Jin in those eps)?

I'm loving this season so far - the off island stuff, the on-island stuff, time travel, time paradox, etc - this show is frickin' sweet.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 5, 2009, 04:08 PM »
Well this season is about relationships. I just think it would be a great twist if Charlie was named after himself. No way would Penny name the kid after her father considering all the crap he put them thru.

This is the best season yet. Much better than Heroes. Definately not a show you can just jump into the middle of. Netflix the previous four seasons. It's a very different show now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 6, 2009, 09:29 AM »
I wondering where Rose and Bernard are.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #538 on: February 6, 2009, 11:23 AM »
I wondering where Rose and Bernard are.

As a response to a post above about the skeletons with the black and white stones, i am betting they end up being Rose and Bernard.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 7, 2009, 09:46 PM »
So anyone think Locke is Jacob? I think Locke got stuck outside his body becoming Jacob and the six need to get Locke's body back to the island so Jacob/Locke can become one again. This could be why Locke hear Jacob say "help me" inside the cabin in the last season.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2009, 09:47 PM by Master_Phruby »