Author Topic: LOST  (Read 133791 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: LOST
« Reply #615 on: February 3, 2010, 05:13 PM »
It's suppost to act as a shield. Kind of like trapping a demon with a circle of salt. They can't cross it. Didn't work very well for the bodyguards though. Bad Locke just brought debris down on top of them instead.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 3, 2010, 06:02 PM »
That's what I thought too (with the black ash).  Wasn't there a similar circle around Jacob's cabin as well?  Guess that explains that.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 3, 2010, 10:43 PM »
That's what I thought too (with the black ash).  Wasn't there a similar circle around Jacob's cabin as well?  Guess that explains that.

That's RIGHT!  Totally forgot that.  I got the protection, I just thought it was weird thing to introduce...turns out it was already established.

So, dirt and sonic fences keep smokey at bay.  got it.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 4, 2010, 07:24 AM »
Remember last year when Ilana and Jacob's bodyguards went to the cabin and there was a break in the ash?  We've always assumed Jacob was in the cabin, but what if it was MIB / Flocke / Smoky all along and the ash was keeping him in the cabin and not out.  That means Flocke's plan and his quest for the loophole goes back much further than we've thought and he's been manipulating Ben since Ben became aware of Jacob, not knowing Jacob was in fact Flocke.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 4, 2010, 09:30 AM »
Remember last year when Ilana and Jacob's bodyguards went to the cabin and there was a break in the ash?  We've always assumed Jacob was in the cabin, but what if it was MIB / Flocke / Smoky all along and the ash was keeping him in the cabin and not out.  That means Flocke's plan and his quest for the loophole goes back much further than we've thought and he's been manipulating Ben since Ben became aware of Jacob, not knowing Jacob was in fact Flocke.

I thought about that as well, but we've seen the smoke monster all over the island.  If the "man in black" is indeed the smoke monster, then he couldn't have been trapped in the cabin.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2010, 09:30 AM by Neal »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 4, 2010, 10:24 AM »

I thought about that as well, but we've seen the smoke monster all over the island.  If the "man in black" is indeed the smoke monster, then he couldn't have been trapped in the cabin.

But we don't know when the ash line was broken.  The earliest appearance of Smokey chronologically that we know of is when he ****** up Rousseau's shipmates in the mid to late eighties.  We know Ben was fully entrenched with the Others then because he stole Alex as a baby shortly after.  My guess is Flocke, posing as Jacob, somehow duped Ben into breaking the ash line shortly before Rousseau and crew became shipwrecked.  That first attack was pretty brutal (the whole ripping the arm from the socket) from what the audience has seen previously with Smokey.  Being couped up in a cabin for hundreds of years would probably drive even gods a bit nuts, don't ya think?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 4, 2010, 10:52 AM »
I'm glad I've got you guys here to help sort this show out for me.   ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #622 on: February 4, 2010, 12:22 PM »
My guess is Flocke, posing as Jacob, somehow duped Ben into breaking the ash line shortly before Rousseau and crew became shipwrecked. 

I may be wrong, but I thought the ash circle was still intact when Ben brought Locke to the cabin to meet "Jacob" the first time?  I think I remember seeing Ben carefully step over the ash way back then...  may have to dig out the DVDs and rewatch that episode now.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 4, 2010, 12:39 PM »

But we don't know when the ash line was broken.  The earliest appearance of Smokey chronologically that we know of is when he ****** up Rousseau's shipmates in the mid to late eighties. 

Dharma had a working sonic fence constructed before Ben arrived and throughout his childhood on the island, so Smokey must have been active at that time.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 4, 2010, 01:13 PM »
Think of it this way, an ash line can keep something in as well as keep something out. I think it would work just as well on Jacob as it would on Smokey.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 4, 2010, 01:26 PM »
I liked how Hurley is lucky and not cursed in the LA X universe.  Makes sense that Desmond is on that plane.  The island is at the bottom of the sea and Penny probably never was born if Widmore was on the island when it went down.  And speaking of nice boobies, Penny is also on Flash Forward and looking good there. 
« Last Edit: February 4, 2010, 01:27 PM by John C »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 4, 2010, 01:31 PM »
After careful consideration, I retract all that I said about Smokey and the cabin.  After reading up on Smokie on Lostpedia, my theory is full of ****.  Damn, I've forgotten a lot of the minor details from previous seasons.  The only way my theory would work now is if both Flocke and Jacob are smoke monsters (but I doubt that's the case).

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 4, 2010, 03:02 PM »
  The only way my theory would work now is if both Flocke and Jacob are smoke monsters (but I doubt that's the case).

Hmm, I wonder, why couldn't that work?  Doesn't Ben call out to get Jacob to "help" and the smoke monster appears?  Maybe that's part of the loophole in that smoke monsters can't kill each other?

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 7, 2010, 02:24 PM »
Yes, the greatest TV show ever is back and I'm quite literally lost myself now  ;D I love it! That chick with the Japanese guy's gang, isn't that the stewardess on the parallel universe's airplane?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #629 on: February 7, 2010, 02:52 PM »
She was actually on the original plane as well.