Author Topic: The United: The Politic of Conquest and Rebellion I (Now Up!)  (Read 9155 times)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
No more previews!!!! 

This looks great!  I love all the new action shots!

Let's see the thing!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Man, this PN has just been an oddessy of disaster. I swear, its cursed.

+The Sony was broken and then shipped off to Best Buy

+Best Buy kept the camera and didn't do a damn thing to fix it

+When I finally got it back, we went to NY and my sister deleted all the new pics I had taken

+In NY, some sleeze from House Keeping went through our **** and stole the camera. The hotel claimed to not know his name.

+I decided to use the bad camera...whos charger has been lost. When at last I finally get everything in order to shoot, it starts shutting down every 30 seconds...meaning I have to take the pics quickly.

+Get up at 11 this morning to shoot the PN and then the camera really starts acting up. Out of all the shots, only 3 survive. For some reason, all the others showed up only on the camera...but not on the computer.

+Speaking of Computers, the blasted Camera would not upload the 3 surviving pics unto the desktop.

I absolutley HATE that stupid camera. I no longer feel any love for it. You can bet also that TU:PCRII will not be shot with that camera...I guess it'll just have to wait until the new one is purchased.
Horrendously pissed, as I'm sure you can tell.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 01:48 PM by -Vator- »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
*NOTE: I really didn't like how this one turned out...maybe its the camera or something else, but to me atleast this installment feels a little off. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

THE UNITED: THE POLITIC OF CONQUEST AND REBELLION I

(In the Senate the Emperor speaks as a victim)
“Dear senators of the Galactic Empire, it is with a heavy heart that I inform you that our recent actions to quell the barbarian risings in the Outer Rim has failed.”

(Yet across the Galaxy...)
“As seen yesterday, the enemies of freedom will stop at nothing to overthrow this August Body and its elected head. Our Intelligence has shown us evidence that the star systems of Kobarra, Temmoragenn, Palto, and Utanian Prime have allied themselves with Confederate fugitives,"

(The Emperor leads insurgencies)
"who have hijacked the sovereign governments…” Bail Organa had heard enough from the bastard king.

More scheming? Bail mused with marked distaste.“Mon, do you hear me?” Bail whispered into his communicator.

“I read you loud and clear Bail, what is it?” His wrist replied, faltering slightly at first, then shooting back up to a normal stately octave.
“We can’t let The Emperor get away with this, we must motion for an investigation.”
“Careful Bail, the air is always audible with the sounds of love birds in spring.”

(Tortures opposition...)
 Bail of course understood what she had meant. Communications taps  had been a very public secret since the outbreak of the Clone Wars.
“In this case, I don’t think it matters.” He said as he cut off the communicator.

(Sells the captured into slavery...)
As the pod representative of Alderaan pulled out into the center of the great chamber, The Emperor stopped his speech. “Is there something you’d like to add to this, Senator Organa? Were you not front and center for carnage yesterday at the memorial?”

(and leads campaigns to Unite the Galaxy)
“I was.” Bail replied his face resolute and his voice dutiful. “However, I do not agree with your call to launch this campaign based on unsubstantiated charges. There must be a team of investigators sent to Kobarra to investigate!” The Senate Chamber filled with chatter.
“Senator Organa, you are a cherished friend and supporter. Sadly we do not have the resources available to launch such an investigation at this time…”

“But we have enough to wage war?” The Senate Chamber filled with the shouts of pundits and the screams of silent senators.
“Order, we shall have order!” Mas Amedda said, banging his staff to the podium floor.
“Take a seat, Senator Organa.” The Emperor spit, and were it not for a slight spray, the description would have remained metaphorical.

“This issue is not up for any further debate; effective immediately I am authorizing the use of force by the Gubernatorial Authority in the region. Should the need arise, I will authorize force against the aggressors care of the Imperial Navy, Congress adjourned.”

(But he has not won yet...)
Bails steps fell hard on the floor of the Atrium of the Senate Building. He was obviously frustrated at the result of the special congressional session today.
The Atrium was typically smattered with Senators. However, one of them down at the end of the hall caught his eye. Ugh. Not today…He thought, ignoring the senators attempt to wave him down.

“I take it you have not read the report then, Senator Organa?” Toyed the man.
“Not now Reigen, if you can’t tell, I’m slightly busy…”
“Oh don’t worry; I think even Ol’Palpys Clone lackeys can even see that!” Reigen continued to taunt Bail. It was typical of him to do so with friends.
“Anyway, about your proposed investigation…I have some family Kobarra,” He continued. “Why not let me see what I can do, try to get some idea for all this nonsense?”

“Thanks Tommond that would be a great help to us.”

“Us?” Reigen asked, a smirk on his face. He wouldn’t get an answer though; Organa had already hurried along towards the hangar bays. Riegen knew where Organa was going to too. Hangar Bay 113, Concourse AB, Deck 02. He really wasn’t one to forget much of anything, so its not surprising he’d remember the location of Bail’s ship…despite the sustained lapping of the waves of time against the sands of life.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 01:02 PM by -Vator- »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: The United: The Politic of Conquest and Rebellion I (Now Up!)
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2005, 06:30 PM »
My head hurts. The pictures don't vibe with the words. Its a good story, but I like my story to go with the pictures. It's all offset.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2005, 06:34 PM »
As the intent is. The point is that what Palpatine is saying is false, as the Imperials are the agressors across the Galaxy...its a montage to illustrate that.

Basically, Palpatine makes a bunch of assertions to the Senate when infact the exact opposite is occuring.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2005, 12:30 PM »
Wow, that was good! I enjoyed that. I know you were limited in shooting, but I would have used that Senate shot you made earlier and inserted it at the beginning, just to show that they're in the Senate. I will admit that I was confused the first time you sent it to me. I was like "Where's the Senate? What's going on?" The battle shots were good though. Me likey.

I also liked that scuffle while Bail and Riegen were talking, though I felt it should have been in the background a bit more. IMO, it kind of took away the focus from the discussion, although that's probably what you meant to do.

Overall, it was good! I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing more of Kobarra, and I'd also like to see Palpatine's reaction to Bail's behavior in the Senate.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2005, 01:06 PM »
For claritys sake, I edited the PN...hope it makes more sense. You know reading over it, I really think I wrote this one a little too Bombasticly...I dunno though. Hope ya'll enjoy the revision!

Overall, it was good! I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing more of Kobarra, and I'd also like to see Palpatine's reaction to Bail's behavior in the Senate.

Ask and ye shall recieve...concept art of Kobarra.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 01:09 PM by -Vator- »

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2005, 07:09 PM »
I was going to make the same comment about the missing senate shot.

You really did need the establishing shot in the senate to set the scene....the unreivsed version was a bit confusing.

I like this a lot better now.  The writing is really terrific and I am enjoying the story.  Great work, I don't really feel it's "off" now.

I do have one other minor criticism, though.  During Bail's conversation with the other senator, you should tried to have put one close up of the two of them talking, or at least feature them more prominently in the frame, with the wookiee/clone business in the background.

Visually, you give prominence to the wookiee arrest when two characters are in the middle of a conversation and there's a bit of a disconnect with that. 

Otherwise, keep up the great work!  I love all the intrigue!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2005, 08:55 PM »
As always, these are a lot of work to make, and it's sometimes hard to get across the points you want to make to the audience.  I must admit that I'm a little confused with what is going on with the words and the pics meshing together.  I understand the gist of what is going on, but I am kinda confused on the details.

If there is one thing I don't like it's meshing different types of Clones/Stormtroopers together - like having a POFT2 Sandtrooper in the middle of a battle kinda throws off the whole "evolution" of their armor.  But that's a very minor thing, and I'm not trying to nitpick at all.

On another note, those are some awesome customs you have in there.  I really enjoyed seeing so many different figures that I hadn't seen of yours before.

:P

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2005, 10:30 PM »
Thanks for the compliments ya'll! I really appreciate the postive feedback and the constructive critisism; Replies:

I do have one other minor criticism, though.  During Bail's conversation with the other senator, you should tried to have put one close up of the two of them talking, or at least feature them more prominently in the frame, with the wookiee/clone business in the background.
Oh my God, that was the worst scene to shoot out of all of them! The blasted camera kept on shutting off and the flash wouldn't turn off...so I had to shoot it like that so there wouldn't be a really annoying blare. The original shots (you know, on the camera that allowed ambience) had it like that, and with a lot more detail...but sadly, some slimo in NYC has them.

If there is one thing I don't like it's meshing different types of Clones/Stormtroopers together - like having a POFT2 Sandtrooper in the middle of a battle kinda throws off the whole "evolution" of their armor.  But that's a very minor thing, and I'm not trying to nitpick at all.

I agree in theory, but this is actually the result of what was said in Sacrafice. Remeber the whole shtick of: "High priority troops recieve the most advanced equipment"? Basically what you see is the Empire testing out the light armor of the Stormtrooper in that shot...which is explained later on in the series.

Since I'm waiting on a new camera to shoot PCRII (Hurray for actually being able to follow your vision!) I'll hold off on starting a thread on it till things get moving.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2005, 11:23 PM »
Thanks for the explanation Vator.  The armor makes sense now.   ;)

:P

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 12:22 PM »
This is Cool!! You guys are taking your step in a larger world.these are entertaing and fun
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!