Author Topic: The Saga Collection 2006 - Overall Discussion  (Read 6684 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Problems for TSC?
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 08:32 AM »
I've been saying for a while that Hasbro should have Luke and Leia and Han out there, and they should right off the bat with TSC.  I kind of think the first TSC wave should have been a 'Early Bird' wave, featuring those figs plus some new ones to kind of get the ball rolling.

And I hope they get those waves all out at once, too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 12:42 PM »
That's true Spuffy... what better way to launch the new line than with a very recognizable Luke and Leia? 

Sure, there is a Han and Chewbacca right off the bat, and Leia too (though not one of her more prolific outfits), but I think a repack of the OTC Jedi Luke would have been fine, and probably better than Barada in that first wave.

:P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 02:18 PM »
I've been saying for a while that Hasbro should have Luke and Leia and Han out there, and they should right off the bat with TSC.  I kind of think the first TSC wave should have been a 'Early Bird' wave, featuring those figs plus some new ones to kind of get the ball rolling.

I agree too Spuffy.  As it was mentioned earlier in this thread I believe, I too heard a lot of kids asking their parents to help them find a "Luke" during the ROTS madness.  Regardless of the prequel movies having much more exposure right now (obviously), I think that many kids, particular kids of Star Wars fans themselves, are often looking for Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia, Vader, Fett, Yoda, and Stormtroopers.  Although some of those characters could stand some resculpts of some of their outfits (Endor in particular), there are nice versions that coudl be candidates for re-releases (VOTC Han, Fett, Stormtrooper, Chewie, OTC Dagobah Yoda, VOTC/Evolutions Vader, etc.)  Not that we want the pegs full of repacks, but I think if they used the "best" versions it would go a long way, and just don't overpack them ahead of the new figures.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2005, 09:18 PM »
I also heard lots of kids wondering where Han and Luke were.  And just the idea of starting off the new unified line right after ROTS with figs we want, but aren't as iconic as the ones we've been talking about seems a little odd to me.  An ideal sort of wave would have included the EB figs or variations on them, and some new ANH goodness.  Like a new freakin' Wedge for crying out loud.   :)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2005, 10:19 PM »
I'm glad you guys are seeing my point.  Who knows, maybe Hasbro will aim the Battle Packs at kids. 
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2005, 12:13 PM »
Who knows, maybe Hasbro will aim the Battle Packs at kids. 

I think they are already. The non-exclusives really seem to be geared toward Mom, Dad or Aunt Milda saying, hey, here's all the main guys in one box, the kid will love that.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2005, 10:51 PM »
Who knows, maybe Hasbro will aim the Battle Packs at kids. 

I think they are already. The non-exclusives really seem to be geared toward Mom, Dad or Aunt Milda saying, hey, here's all the main guys in one box, the kid will love that.

Aunt Edna and Uncle Jed would say that too Anton..hehe ;)