Author Topic: VOTC Returns in 2006!  (Read 29735 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC and OTC Returns in 2006!
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2005, 11:13 AM »
No wonder they (the stormies) got tactically dumber and couldn't shoot anymore... ::)

SilverZ

« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2005, 02:00 PM »
They should call them "Premier Edition, "Star Wars Elite" or "Star Wars Select" . The name they chose screams "exclusivity", "chase" & "scalpers wet-dream"

Yeah, those would all be better names. If they actually used a name like Ultimate Bounty Hunt they might as well make them ebay exclusive. I hope this is a bogus rumor. But considering they're including chase pieces into the Titanium series, it seems like a possible direction Hasbro is taking.

ul·ti·mate
the best or most extreme of its kind : UTMOST

boun·ty
a reward, premium, or subsidy especially when offered or given by a government: as a : an extra allowance to induce entry into the armed services b : a grant to encourage an industry c : a payment to encourage the destruction of noxious animals d : a payment for the capture of or assistance in the capture of an outlaw

hunt
to pursue with intent to capture <hunted the escapees> b : to search out : SEEK

Pretty far ******* afield from "a figure for everyone that wants one" from a couple years back.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2005, 02:48 PM »
Honestly, I'm not too excited about the X-Wing Luke.  We need a new Snowspeeder version of him much more badly... and as for making custom X-Wing pilots, I'll just keep using the Dutch Vander body, which is just a $5.00 figure and is damn near perfect.

The others?

Greedo - Guess it makes sense, though I'd rather see Tarkin or a Death Star Trooper get the royal treatment.

Tusken Raider - Already have about 25 or so mixes of the POTJ/SAGA versions, but a few more might be nice, especially if it has cloth goods.

Han Solo - Makes sense... but I still think they should just add this into a Han Solo Evolutions set

Scout Trooper - Please, please do this the right way...

I think they are missing the boat in not offering in some fashion Han and Luke Stormtroopers in the VOTC style...

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2005, 02:51 PM »
Honestly this whole thing makes less and less sense the more I hear it.  What point is there doing vintage cards within this whole 'bounty hunt' scheme?  And only five, without even touching Empire?  And why a Lucas figure, when they've been telling us he doesn't want any more figures of him? 

But after looking at that new Geonosis case assortment, you know, maybe anything goes at Hasbro now.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2005, 03:15 PM »
Yeah, this is sounding more and more retarded. And I'm still not sure I believe the Lucas rumor. ???
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2005, 09:01 PM »
"The Ultimate Bounty Hunt Collection"

I don't like the sound of that one bit...  that sounds WAY too close to "Treasure Hunt" to me.  I know it's just a stupid rumor report at the moment, but I'm already starting to worry "what if" around a name that involves the word "hunt".     :-\

I 100% agree with this Jeff, and I'm a bit worried too.  Ultimate figures should NEVER be hard to find, but as we've seen in the past, Hasbro likes to prove the logical route as the one they're not going to travel.  If they're easy to find, that's 1 good mark for Hasbro.  If they're somehow less than $10 each then there's a 2nd good mark.  I'd be ok with $7 or $8 really...  $10's going to sting if this is an ongoing thing to get quality.  Hasbro can do better for a better price, especially with all the rehashes they're putting out there that they know will sell to carded collectors or kids.

I guess Hasbro only feels we "deserve" quality in the line if they can make more off it though so I'm not too hopeful on the price being anything but $10.  Making them hard to find is only a bigger slap in the face then, and I wouldn't doubt it if that rumor holds true from Yoda's News.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2005, 10:32 AM »
It's fun to speculate until we hear for sure. Which report is true, given the sources, I would say that both have some truth and some rumor.

The thing that worries me the most about TUBHC is the glaring lack of the word Vintage. It seems to open up the dreaded possibility of PT figs as part of the collection.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 10:04 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ROTJLuke

• Youngling
  • Where's the SA Final Duel Jedi Luke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2005, 07:58 PM »
It's fun to speculate until we hear for sure. Which report is true, given the sources, I would say that both have some truth and some rumor.

The thing that worries me the most about TUBHC is the glaring lack of the word Vintage. It seem to open up the dreaded possibility of PT figs as part of the collection.

But think about it this way, OT figures that never saw the light of day in the Vintage era. Stormtrooper Han, DS Duel Luke, GM Tarkin, etc. Figures that would be awesome on those type cardbacks and SA!  :)
All I want from you Hasbro is a SA Final Duel Luke. Is that soo much to ask for?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2005, 10:04 AM »

The thing that worries me the most about TUBHC is the glaring lack of the word Vintage. It seems to open up the dreaded possibility of PT figs as part of the collection.

But think about it this way, OT figures that never saw the light of day in the Vintage era. Stormtrooper Han, DS Duel Luke, GM Tarkin, etc. Figures that would be awesome on those type cardbacks and SA!  :)

I think I'd still call foul. Sure, all those figures and more would be most welcome, but, I think they can skip the Vintage-esque cards on them. But, that's just me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2005, 12:43 PM »
One figure/character that I think keeps getting overlooked is a nice Endor Leia, complete w/ removable helmet and a good poncho, and of course SA treatment.

Offline ROTJLuke

• Youngling
  • Where's the SA Final Duel Jedi Luke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2005, 07:38 PM »
One figure/character that I think keeps getting overlooked is a nice Endor Leia, complete w/ removable helmet and a good poncho, and of course SA treatment.

Dont forget her brother!
All I want from you Hasbro is a SA Final Duel Luke. Is that soo much to ask for?