Author Topic: Vroom! Jedidefender NASCAR thread  (Read 31928 times)

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Vroom! Jedidefender NASCAR thread
« Reply #30 on: October 2, 2007, 08:28 PM »
Are you by chance a Jeff Gordon fan??  ;)

It's good to see a race fan on the boards. I get chastized for liking Open Wheel stuff from some friends here. They don't know what they're missing.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 3, 2007, 03:52 AM »
Yes, huge Jeff Gordon fan.  8)

Awesome to meet another racing fan. It's crazy how many open wheel guys are coming over to NASCAR now a days. Franchiti is making his stock car debut in Talladega this weekend in the ARCA series. I'll be there first hand to witness that. Should be fun to watch.
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 8, 2007, 04:28 PM »
Yes! That was one heck of a race on Sunday and I'm so glad I was there to see it live. Jeff Gordon pulled out a late last lap move to win his 80th career race, sixth at Talladega and 12th restrictor plate race moving him into sole possession of the all-time leader on plate tracks. He also now has a 9 point lead over his teammate Jimmie Johnson. With just six races to go in the Chase, The Drive For Five Is Alive!
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 8, 2007, 06:45 PM »
Congrats to you being there and your guy winning it. It would be nice for him to take 8 championships putting him ahead of Dale and the King. A fifth would be a step in the right direction.  8)

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 8, 2007, 07:45 PM »
Congrats to you being there and your guy winning it. It would be nice for him to take 8 championships putting him ahead of Dale and the King. A fifth would be a step in the right direction.  8)

Thanks man, yeah certainly it would be great to see him pass them on the all time Championship list. You know, had they not changed the points system like they did, he would have won the title in '04 by a bunch and now he's about to win another one. That would put him at six, just one title away from tying Dale Sr. and Petty.

Something to think about....
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2007, 05:38 PM »
Just a reminder about tonight's race. It's on ABC beginning at 7:00pm (Eastern) at Lowe's Motorspeedway in Concord, NC.

Go get 'em Jeff Gordon!
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2007, 12:11 AM »
Jeff Gordon wins again!

This is Jeff's 81st career victory and his fifth at Lowe's Motorspeedway tying him for third on the all time win list for this track.

He now leads Jimmie Johnson by 68 points.

I can not say it enough....THE DRIVE FOR FIVE IS ALIVE!

On to Martinsville.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2007, 08:10 PM »
That was a great race.  I didn't think Jeff would have enough (gas) to hold on and win.  Near the end, I was just hoping that he would be able to finish and not get wrecked.  But, as he so often does, he found a way to Victory Lane.  Awesome.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2007, 10:48 PM »
For those that didn't know, Jeff Gordon wins the pole for Martinsville! This is the seventh pole of the year for Jeff and his 63rd career pole.  8)
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2007, 06:08 PM »
Well, Jimmie Johnson wins another race at Martinsville today making it three in a row for him at this track. I was really hoping Jeff's car would come back to him at the end there, but it started to go away and he didn't have anything left for Jimmie and finished third. Not a bad day though as he's still the points leader by fifty-three over Johnson. Everyone else is now at least one hundred and thirteen points back going into Atlanta next Sunday.

Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson have now won eight of the last ten races at Martinsville Speedway.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2007, 07:56 PM »
I really think that Jeff would've won the race if the damn thing would've stayed green for awhile at the end.  He was about to pass Jimmie before the one caution came out.  After that, his momentum was gone.  Oh well.  Nothing wrong with a third-place finish.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2007, 09:28 PM »
I really think that Jeff would've won the race if the damn thing would've stayed green for awhile at the end.  He was about to pass Jimmie before the one caution came out.  After that, his momentum was gone.  Oh well.  Nothing wrong with a third-place finish.

Nope, nothing wrong with that finish at all. I just hope he can put some distance on Jimmie over the next few races so it doesn't come down to a last lap thing at Homestead-Miami Speedway. I'd love for him to have a larger cushion going into that race so he only has to finish like....30th to win it regardless of what Jimmie does.

I was getting a little worried for a while there. Nascar.com had Jeff finishing 3rd at first, then they changed it to 4th and even the points reflected that. I just checked a few minutes ago and they put him back to 3rd. Kyle Busch was in front of him when the caution flag flew on the last lap, but Jeff was in front when they came across the finish line which would have been the last scoring loop line. So, they did the right thing. Now, Jeff has a 53 point lead on Jimmie, a 115 point lead on Bowyer and a 249 point lead over Stewart. It's so nice not to have to worry about the #20. Now if we could do the same with the other two contenders.  ;)
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2007, 09:41 PM »
So qualifying is on at 7:00pm (Eastern) tomorrow night in Atlanta! That's great because I will actually be home in time to watch it. I now get off work at 6:00pm instead of 3:00pm, so it's going to be hard to catch qualifying every week. I wish they always did this at night. I do wonder though....why they have them qualify at night when they'll be racing in the middle of the day? I've never understood NASCAR's reasoning for this.

Oh well, go get 'em Jeff!
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2007, 07:31 PM »
David Reutimann wins the Busch race in Memphis!

I would love to be able to say that was a great race, but 25 cautions and then it ends under caution? What in the world is wrong with those guys? Half the field had never driven at the track before in a stock car and the other half forgot how to drive I guess.

The only guys that stayed out of trouble the whole day were David and Wimmer. Even Bliss had damage at the end there. I was real glad to see David get his first win, but how are they not going to do the interview? Who cares about football...make 'em wait. Heck, it was because of a stupid football game that the pre-race show was cut short.  >:( The guy just won his first race. The least you could do is ask him about it.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2007, 12:33 AM »
I thought there was a rule that they couldn't end the race under caution.  Granted, I don't watch a lot of nascar so I'm probably wrong.

Oh, and that football comment was pure unadulterated blasphemy!
This is the way.

I have spoken.