Author Topic: Clone Wars 3D  (Read 52853 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars 3D
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2008, 10:08 PM »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2008, 10:52 PM »
"I usually judge quality on whether or not the story involves complex characters that I feel emotionally involved with and whether or not there are intriguing, complex, original plot lines. "

I find this comment really odd.  To me, the whole point of Star Wars, is it not complex.  It's simple.  Bad guys, good guys, blow up the Death Star, y'know, get some kicks while your at it.  The whole reason SW became a phenomenon in 1977 was that is was simple characters and stories set against a visual style was was more complex than anything ever put on screen.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2008, 10:31 PM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2008, 09:15 AM »
Sounds like Lucas is still planning 100 episodes of Clone Wars, or around 5 to 6 seasons.  He also mentions that the series will air in widescreen.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2008, 11:34 AM »
First look at Jabba

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2008, 03:53 PM »
Thanks for posting that Rune.  Kind of cool that he may show up in the series.  I can see it now, Hasbro finally does an all-new Jabba, but it will be in animated style ;).  Just kidding...I hope.  To be honest, I've said it before, but I wouldn't mind seeing some OT era stories in the (or another) animated series - so its kind of cool to see a primarily OT character (like Jabba) in this animated form.  It sounds like Lucas also confirmed that Boba Fett will appear in the Clone Wars series as well, from what I have heard/read.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2008, 09:26 AM »
Cool to see Jabba, i just hope we get a classic figure of him.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2008, 08:53 AM »
IGN has a feature up entitled "cast of characters", which details a number of the characters appearing in Clone Wars.  It doesn't seem to be anything new, but a nice read/primer for the movie and series, if you're interested.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 4, 2008, 09:10 AM »
ToonZone has coverage up of the Cartoon Network upfront, where it was announced that Clone Wars will anchor a Friday night "action block" of toons for the network.  No official date has been given, other than "fall", but it will appear alongside a new Batman cartoon (The Brave and the Bold), as well as a new Ben 10 toon.

Also, it sounds like a new theatrical trailer for Clone Wars will premiere on May 9th with Speed Racer.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2008, 09:44 AM by Brian »

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 4, 2008, 06:39 PM »
New movie plot info from Obi-Wan's figure card,

SPOILERS...

Rotta is Jabba's son, and the Republic rescues him to get free passage thru Jabba's shipping routes.

« Last Edit: April 4, 2008, 10:27 PM by Jeff »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 4, 2008, 06:45 PM »
Thanks for the spoiler warning.   ::)

Firing Jet Backpack!  KICK ASS!
« Last Edit: April 4, 2008, 06:47 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2008, 04:22 PM »
If you have access to Hyperspace, the Official Site has a new video feature (in Quicktime) focusing on Anakin's new padawan - Ahsoka Tano.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2008, 11:30 PM »
So did anyone catch the trailer for theaters that was posted at Galactic Hunter?  It was on some Eastern European hosted site but the trailer was in English (with subtitles in some other language).  Did anyone at all catch that?

Did anyone at all catch the badassness of that trailer because the fact it's not being talked about here is disconcerting!  It was outstanding! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2008, 09:16 AM »
I was actually just coming over here to post about that as well Jesse.  I was able to catch it while it was online, and I thought it looked great too.  I'm surprised at how little talk the upcoming CW movie and series gets right now.  I know its animated and everything, but it still looks pretty sweet to me.  The trailer did look really cool.  From what I understand, its supposed to be released on May 9th with Speed Racer, so hopefully a nice quality version will pop up online then.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2008, 02:44 PM »
There's so much ass kicking with Clones I can't help but dig it...  Very military-feeling (or at least the trailer is), so I'm pretty geeked over that.  The new Trailer really lays out a bit of the storyline for you too. 

If you find a good link to it, it's "spoiler-ish" if you're really trying to avoid all info on it. 

I'm wondering now if that "Clone Shuttle" listing in toys that's come up from time to time is actually a Clone Shuttle and not a mistake for the V-19.  Anakin's B-Wing-ish looking ship appears to be a shuttle packed with Clonies in it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77