Author Topic: Clone Wars 3D  (Read 52855 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars 3D
« Reply #120 on: May 8, 2008, 08:08 PM »
POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW!

More of Grievous's starfighter!

« Last Edit: May 8, 2008, 08:13 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #121 on: May 8, 2008, 08:12 PM »
Finally saw the trailer, now im pumped.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #122 on: May 8, 2008, 09:42 PM »
Weird. I was watching TBS at the scheduled time and they didn't air it. WTF?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 8, 2008, 09:56 PM »
What time zone u in?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #124 on: May 8, 2008, 10:25 PM »
Central. It shouldn't have mattered though as it was "advertised" by SW.com that it would be 7:58 pm in all time zones.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2008, 10:27 PM by Jayson »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 8, 2008, 11:03 PM »
Central Time Zone here as well, and unless it aired much later (or earlier) we didn't see it here either.  Hopefully they will have it up online at the Official Site soon.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 9, 2008, 10:08 AM »
My DVR picked up a trailer on Cartoon Network I think.  Loved it!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 9, 2008, 01:12 PM »
Yeah, I missed it here too.  Tuned in early and nada which was too bad as I wanted to record it for the kids.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 9, 2008, 04:55 PM »
Is this thing online anywhere?  Did it even air at all?  I can't find any mention of it.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #129 on: May 9, 2008, 05:04 PM »
It hit just now....

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809991325/video/7744414/

To view the HD versions, click the links (480p or 720p) below Yahoo's crappy LR movie
« Last Edit: May 9, 2008, 05:31 PM by Jayson »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 9, 2008, 05:16 PM »
Thanks for the link Jay!  Can't wait  ;D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 9, 2008, 05:25 PM »
Read in Los Angeles Times yesterday that A. Daniels & S. Jackson were confirmed voices for the movie, but didn't mention for the whole of the TV series.  Also mentions in the article that if some of the stars from the movies are willing to be apart of the cartoon would it be possible for some post ROTJ cartoon at some point, with some of the OT cast viocing for their characters.  Lucas said there was no story for him to do that, it's been covered by the books and what not.  I personally found it interesting that Lucas didn't mention anything about in between ANH & ESB.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2008, 09:36 AM »
I watched it today. It was actually pretty cool.

A few things I noticed (if you didn't watch the trailer to avoid spoilers, you may not want to read my post...)

I LIKED:
The animation. The tri-droids, Kit Fisto, and Plo Koon in particular really stood out and most of the characters (with the exception of Dooku and Obi IMO) look really amazing in this style.
I think I saw Tarkin standing there next to the holographic message of Mace Windu, as well as a Jango clone in an officer outfit. If that was Tarkin it should be interesting to see his character in the PT era. I always wished he had played some kind of role in ROTS.
And the trailer overall just made me a lot more excited than I had been about this. Even though it's probably gonna end up being a mediocre, kid-targetted movie/show in the end with little regard for Clone Wars continuity (Ahsoka).

I DISLIKED:
Anakin vs. Dooku? I don't like the idea of a duel between them in between AOTC and ROTS. Part of the 'effect' of the lightsaber duel at the beginning of ROTS was that it was a rematch from the AOTC duel, and that Anakin was finally getting his long-awaited revenge against Dooku. So I just think that's kinda lame. :-\
Ahsoka, because I just don't like the idea of Anakin getting a Padawan, as cool looking as she is.
Something about the way Obi and Dooku are animated just doesn't look right for some reason.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2008, 11:00 AM »
It was nice to see this trailer in crisp, clear quality.  I know that it appears the buzz for this isn't nearly what it was for the live-action "regular" movies, but I'm really looking forward to it.  It looks pretty good so far, and hopefully it opens the doors to seeing some other movies in the future.  Its too bad Lucas kind of put the kibosh on the possibility of post-ROTJ Star Wars, because I think it would be kind of neat to see the Thrawn trilogy - even if it was in this animated form.  Heck, they could probably get quite a few of the original actors in to do voices, aside from Harrison Ford anyways.  I personally would like to see some animated OT at some point, but I might be in the minority there.  Anyways, trailer looks good, looking forward to seeing this one.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2008, 03:41 PM »
So has anyone else caught the trailer?  Its funny how little discussion there is for a "new Star Wars trailer" compared to when the live action movies came out.  Granted, its not the same thing, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of excitement for this movie quite yet.  Although, like I said, its not the same as say...the ROTS trailer(s)...I have to say I'm pretty excited for this.  Maybe we should have started a new thread for the trailer or something.  Anything in particular you liked or disliked about the trailer overall?