Author Topic: Spider Droid  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Spider Droid
« on: June 8, 2005, 09:02 AM »
I tried searching for the post that talked about the spider droid but I cannot find it.

Anyway, is it just me or does the new spider droid "walk" and stand better than the old one.  The legs on it seem to be harder plastic than the old one and the overall wind up apparantus seem bigger. :-X

Anybody else notice that or am I making stuff up to justify yet another purchase? ::)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Spider Droid
« Reply #1 on: June 8, 2005, 10:32 AM »
Well, I haven't bought this yet; I've passed on it twice due to getting Crab droids instead.

I admit it does look better than the Clone Wars one.  I've thought about getting a couple, but now I think you sealed the deal for me.  The next two I see, I am going to buy.

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Spider Droid
« Reply #2 on: June 8, 2005, 11:00 AM »
I tried searching for the post that talked about the spider droid but I cannot find it.

Anyway, is it just me or does the new spider droid "walk" and stand better than the old one.  The legs on it seem to be harder plastic than the old one and the overall wind up apparantus seem bigger. :-X

Anybody else notice that or am I making stuff up to justify yet another purchase? ::)

Here were some shots I took for the Deluxe Figures Thread.  There are definitely differences between the two.

The gun is different on the new one (the missile is the same, just the launcher part is changed).  Also, as you said, the legs on the new one are definitely more study (less bendy).  Didn't notice the wind-up being any different though.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender