Author Topic: Clones and new sculpts. Is it necessary?  (Read 7526 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Clones and new sculps. Is it necessary?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2005, 01:42 AM »
Tydirium, what did you do to get the belt off the SA Clone, I would think keeping it on would hinder the skirt from Bacara.

I totally agree with everyone's assessment of how Hasbro handled the Clones for ROTS. Here's a company who in the last few years has made it a habit to re-use parts over and over again, in the ROTS line alone there's at least 4 figures which are re-treads of figures from the SAGA line, hell one of them is a re-tread of a POTF2 figure. So why not just go out, use the one SA Clonetrooper sculpt and use it for the basic grunt, the Commander, the gunner, etc... The one time where fans would be happy with a re-tread and Hasbro screws it up. Bad timing for Hasbro to pay attention to us....
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

SilverZ

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2005, 02:39 AM »
I cut off the SA Clone's belt. But Bacara's is such a cheaply painted mess it detracts from the figure. It's of bootleg quality paint.  ::)

Jesse, the biggest issue is that when you turn his head towards his left shoulder, the helmet pushes against the pauldron and levers the head up off its socket.

I don't get the constant reinvention of the clone sculpt, either. Bacara isn't even the same as the #6 clone! He doesn't have knee articulation. Why they'd remove that from a figure that shares the same action mechanism as a previous figure is just whacky.

In all these revisions, the only advance I've seen over the basic SA clone introduced in the CW line is the hip articulation on the AT-TE Gunner. My ultimate clone sculpt would be the SA version with that hip articulation added and a slightly higher neck post that has a smaller ballsocket, painted flesh-tone above the turtleneck of the body sock. The goal being a neckpost that accomodates both a normal headsculpt like the AT-TE Gunner human head as well as a non-removable style helmet (basically the same helmet used on the SA and #6 clones, but with a more solid core that snaps onto the smaller ballsocket).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 02:40 AM by Tydirium »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2005, 12:35 PM »
I was going to do the same exact thing Jared, thanks for showing me I won't be wasting my time. :D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2005, 12:39 PM »
Is the belt on #41 removeable?  I thought it was sculpted on

SilverZ

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 06:10 PM »
It’s a separate piece you just cut off with an exacto.

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 07:25 PM »
what parts can move on the Bacara ? And what parts wont move ? I got 2 of them but I wont open 1 for sure. Im just curious.
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005, 03:18 AM »
Well if ya have 2 open the other one and find out then. :)

It doesn't have knee joints, and it's left arm is limited in movement a bit, but the right arm, ankles, and neck all move like most of the other Clones can.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 1, 2005, 12:14 PM »
I was messing around with the "Conversion" last night myself.

Removed from Bacara (the WORST Clone yet as far as Articulation and sculpt)..:

Hands
Helmet
Shoulder Pad
Skirt

I came across the same problem everyone else did.  The helmet sits too Low if he looks to his right.  And I had to cut the belt of an SA clone.

I know it just echos sentiment from everyone else, but if they would have just made all clones and variants out of the SA body we would have been better off and they would have possibly made more money..but wait now that I have to re-dress all my Gunner and Commander Bacara's on SA bodies, perhaps their plan was genius.... ::)

I say that #41 and the Target Clone are the standard by which all clones should be judged and Bacara and Jet Trooper Clone at the bottom of the bell curve.