Author Topic: Thoughts and all that sappy stuff  (Read 22546 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts and all that sappy stuff
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2005, 04:03 AM »
Great news Shannon!

Only one smarty remark about SW figures in your dining area?  Clearly you need more figures out there.   ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2005, 04:42 AM »
Yeah, that's super news Shannon.  Glad to hear the treatment's really doing it's job (as I'm sure you are).  Hang in there, and keep resting up.  Hopefully it'll all be over sooner than you know it.  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2005, 04:53 AM »
I'm glad to hear the good news about your treatment Shannon.

Still keeping you in my thoughts, and hoping for a speedy recovery for you.  Before you know it you'll be feeling good.  BTW, being a girl isn't an excuse for not cluttering your house up with SW junk.  You gotta work on that if you're only getting one smart remark.  Even children offer me a dozen or more smart remarks when they see this mess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2005, 05:06 PM »
Thank you :) Thank you :)
I meant one smarty remark about the figures you can see in the photo... I have more of a mess than that- the figures basically form a border in my dining room and living area, and then I have a bookshelf that's got more of a mess... granted not as many as you guys have, but still...
Actually, my female friends say they think it's cool the way it looks- but I wonder if they are just saying that and really thinking "What a geek!" ... Oh well...
No treatments this week... my blood counts this morning for the white blood cells were too low, so I get the rest of the week off from treatment- just got to stay home and rest... and go back on Monday when hopefully they'll be up...
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2005, 09:25 AM »
Update time :)
The doctor did an exam (a VERY painful one) today- and she says the tumors that she can see are shrinking! Yeah!!!
I've been nauseated and sleep a lot lately, but otherwise I'm doing okay.
I'm kind of surprised I only got one smarty remark that I have SW action figures in my dining area... hehehe ;)
I'll still be in treatment for another month or so... at least...

I'm glad to hear that you are making progress.  I'll continue to pray for you as well.  Get some good rest, and I hope you are feeling better by Monday!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 01:37 PM by JediSearch »
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2005, 11:12 AM »
That is great new Shannon!  Here's to continued kicking of cancer's ass!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2005, 11:20 AM »
Great news Shannon, so happy to hear it.  You'll continue to be in our prayers.

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2005, 11:29 PM »
Went back to the cancer center today to see about those white blood cells... They still aren't at the level they need to be, so they sent me back home and told me to wait another week.   >:(  So, I basically have to stay home, rest, relax.  I don't want to go outside or be exposed to any germs- because if I get sick, my body will have a hard time fighting it and I think your white counts go down further when you are sick- which is why they are holding off treatment.  Meanwhile, my son was sick two weeks ago, I was sick last week, and now I'm scared to see him because he goes to daycare- which is breeding grounds of viruses.  So, I haven't seen him for over 2 weeks now.  :(  I feel awful about that.   Maybe if my parents spray him w/ some Lysol and use Purel... hmm... I also need to see the dentist, but I can't until this is up. 
Anyway, when they start chemo again, they are going to lower my dosage so that hopefully it won't be such a hit to the blood counts.  I'm getting some very high dosages they say. 
Other than that, everything is good :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2005, 12:49 AM »

Other than that, everything is good :)

I'm glad to hear that you seem to be in good spirits, despite being away from your son.

So what are you doing to keep yourself busy while you "stay home, rest, relax"?  Catching up on some reading?  Watching some movies you've been meaning to watch?  Starting a new hobby or craft?  Perhaps the time is good to catch up on some things you haven't been able to do.   :)  (Don't mind me, I'm just snoopy)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2005, 12:53 AM »
I'm glad you're still cheerful Princess!  I'm sorry that you haven't been able to see your son  :(

Maybe you can try making some custom figures?  ;)
You can do it while watching Alias!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2005, 12:34 PM »
Glad to hear you're getting better.  I'd like to think our prayers and well wishes have helped.  Sorry to hear you haven't seen your little guy in so long.  Hopefully you'll be able to see him soon.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2005, 01:09 PM »
Keep getting better Princess.  And customize some perhaps.  If you want, I'll send you some custom fodder.   :)

:P

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2005, 03:12 PM »
Nope, never done the customizing, but I think that would be too much for me at this point anyway.  Thanks though!
As far as things I'm doing: sleeping, got the Blockbuster Movie Pass so I'm catching up on movies, got to go over my medical eob's and figure out what I owe to each office, got photos to go into albums, got the 4 seasons of Alias- but I haven't gotten that far yet- I'll probably watch season 4 again though at some point.  I'll probably get to the eobs and photos at the end of this week if I have more energy.  That's the problem- low energy levels.  Just slept for pretty much 12 hours and I'm still yawning. 
Oh, and I read Harry Potter 6.   I might read something else, if I can find something to capture my attention enough. :)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2005, 07:01 PM »
Glad to hear things are getting better Shannon! We'll all keep sending that good mojo your way!  8)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2005, 10:46 PM »
Very glad to hear things are better Shannon.