Author Topic: New pics of 51-56  (Read 6349 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
New pics of 51-56
« on: June 2, 2005, 10:53 AM »
Just clicky here -

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4528&zoneid=2

CAPTAIN ANTILLES -

He looks kinda cheesy to me, but I think there is some sort of removable head piece that is barely visible... yeah, I will get him, but will pop off his head and put onto a Bail Organa body.  Then customize what's left.  Major lack of articulation on him it seems...

ZETT JUKASSA -

Nice to see another Jedi, especially one of a young kid... still though, where is his articulation?

UTUPUA WARRIOR -

Now this is what I'm talking about!  This design rocks, and he looks very tough... if only we had seen more of these guys in the film... nevertheless, it still looks good, and I hope his helmet is removable.

AT-RT DRIVER -

He looks like a great figure, I just hope his articulation is as good as it looks like, and he can sit on the AT-RT... he seems to have an oversized Nemoidian Warrior type nuclear bazooka though.

MUSTAFAR SENTRY -

Probably the goofiest looking figure yet... I'll probably get just two of these.

KENOBI PILOT -

Hmmm.... looks like his robes are removable, but not quite like the Agen Kolar one.  This one apparently is just one big piece.  It looks nice... but I want to see him with the robes off to see the rest of the figure... also, where in the hell are his legs???

:P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: New pics of 51-56
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2005, 11:27 AM »
Captain Antilles - It looks fine to me for what he is.  I am not going to buy him right away if ever.  He just does not interest me. 

Zett - This guy had a cool scene in the movie.  His figure looks kind of cartoonish IMO.  I don't know.  I may get him someday. 

Warrior - This is a cool figure.  I will probably buy one of him.  If he would have been in the film more that would have been nice and inspire me to get a few more of them. 

AT-RT Driver - Of the 6 shown this is the one I want the most.  Going nutty over all the cool clones!

Mustafar Sentry - Yes, I do want this guy.  He does not do a darn thing in the film.  It's just another funky Seperatist figure on par with San Hill or Wat Tambor that I must own. 

Pilot Kenobi - I want this figure just for a robed Kenobi.  Maybe will will get a hood up Kenobi figure someday from ROTS?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2005, 12:17 PM »
Thanks for the link. ;)

Looks like the Turbo Tank drivers weapon is a projectile launcher and I hope there's some articulation surprises under Obi-wan's robes.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2005, 12:18 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2005, 01:19 PM »
Is it just me or does the Utapaun Warrior seem to be staring off to the side?
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 2, 2005, 03:03 PM »
Is it just me or does the Utapaun Warrior seem to be staring off to the side?

His eyes do seem to be wandering off to the side.  Good "eye."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #5 on: June 2, 2005, 03:24 PM »
Capt. Antillies - "With POTF2 articulation!!"  ::)  It's okay, I guess, since he won't be leading any armies.  My least favorite.

Zett - Pretty decent.  Always dig the Jedi.

Utapau Warrior - If only these guys were in the film!  I love him, the design is crazy.

Turbo Tank Driver - Also not in the film (I think) but he looks great and plenty of articulation for me.

Mustafar Sentry - I like him just because he's so weird.

Obi Wan - Finally.  FINALLY.  I can only guess what's under the robes (that sounded weird) but this by far the best PT Obi they've ever done.  Getting two for sure.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: June 2, 2005, 03:28 PM »
Turbo Tank Driver I believe is the same as the AT-RT Drivers, so I think they were in there

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 2, 2005, 03:46 PM »
There are actually several of the Mustafar sentries seen in the film... just in the background though.  Next time you see it, watch the part after "Order 66" is given where Obi Wan is hiding from the Clones on Utupua - one Clone says "Sir, no one could have survived that fall," - in that shot you can see several of the Warriors walking with some Clones.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: June 2, 2005, 03:49 PM »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #9 on: June 2, 2005, 03:54 PM »
Finally we'll have a driver for the AT-RT that can get off of his vehicle.

Captain Antilles really is ****-tacular, but I suppose he doesn't do much more than stand around anyways.

I dig those crazy alien troops (Utupauan and Mustafar).

Obi-Wan looks pretty good, but lets hope we're as pleasantly surprised as we were with Agen Kolar. There could easily be Captain Antilles articulation under there.

Zett whatever-his-name-is seems pretty cool. He'll be standing with all the other jedi. I just hope there's some articulation to those arms.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #10 on: June 2, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Not bad, but none of these are the stars of the line in my view.

Antilles -- pretty good for what he is. Because he goes with Bail Organa who I am a fan of, I'll pick him up.

Zett -- the head looks weird/cartoony, but nice sculpt otherwise. The body would be a good basis for custom Jedi if I was into that sort of thing.

Utapauan Warrior -- I dig the design, even though I'm not a fan of the bowlegged stance. I want one.

AT-RT driver -- as I keep harping on, I'm not a fan of the camo troopers so I'll only get one of these for completness' sake.

Mustafar Sentry -- not bad really. I lack Separatist figures so I'll get one but no more than two.

Kenobi Pilot -- can it be? A ROTS Obi-Wan that actually resembles Ewan McGregor but doesn't suck in some other feature? :o I am so all over this.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2005, 05:21 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 2, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Captain Antilles disappoints me.  I remember when some other site (MouseDroid, maybe?) had the preliminary photo of him back in April and someone noted the lack of articulation and that it might be better once we got the final release version.  Too bad it doesn't look like that is going to be the case.  :-\

Zett's cool, although if I hadn't seen the film, I would say that he was made as kind of a  :-* to certain directors.  Now that I have seen the film, though, he does have a very meaningful part (if it hadn't been for him, things might be very different; just think it through), so I'm all for the action figure being released.  :)

The Utapaun Warrior looks cool, but I can't recall seeing him in the film.  Was he riding one of those flying lizards?

The Turbo Tank Driver is cool, but then, it's a Clone, so it's going to be a headache.

The Mustafar Sentry looks really goofy, but I like the design a lot.  Supposedly these are the guys that ride the fleas we first saw in the teaser trailer, but I actually spotted two of them when Vader first lands on Mustafar (as he walks to the right of the screen and tells R2 to wait with the ship, they are in the background standing guard).

The Obi-Wan Pilot has the potential to be really cool (lots of articulation) or really bad (no articulation at all), but like the Mustafar Anakin, I don't think we're going to know exactly what we're getting until someone has it in their hands and can see what it does.

Six figures that aren't bad (although Antilles could definitely have been better), so here's hoping we can find them!  :P

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 2, 2005, 05:31 PM »
While personally I'm EXTREMELY jealous that good 'ole Poppa George put his teenage son in a VERY memorable un-named role. In fact, I feel that the emotional impact of this teen Jedi getting taken out by members of the 501st legion was leaps and bounds above seeing Aayla Secura, Ki Adi Mundi and Plo Koon getting wasted by their troops.

Also - we've gotten plenty of adult Jedi, we got three Younglings - now we have a teenager Jedi - nicely rounds out the various ages of the Jedi in the temple.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 2, 2005, 06:44 PM »
I'm DEFINATELY getting Kenobi, and several of the Tank Drivers. I'll get 2 of each of the aliens, 1 Zett, and probably an Antilles out of pity.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #14 on: June 2, 2005, 08:23 PM »
I think they all look good, but I'm kind of suprised that they didn't go with soft goods for Obi-Wan's cloak so he could sit in the starfighter.

Just an odd choice imo.
This is the way.

I have spoken.