Author Topic: Anyone collect other 1970s & 80s toy lines?  (Read 19278 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone collect other 1970s & 80s toy lines?
« Reply #15 on: June 4, 2014, 12:49 PM »
Wasn't sure where to ask this and didn't want to start it's own thread: Does anyone have a Friar Tuck from the 1991 Kevin Costner "Robin Hood" movie toy line in with their Jabba's palace themed stuff? It looks like since they used the Gamorrean Guard body for him he'd fit in quite nicely without his robe on. Just a random thought I thought someone might have some insight into. Thanks

I have one, but not on display with my SW figures.  He would make a good fit though in a cantina or something.

I collect some g1 Transformers & GI Joe here and there and some of the old Battlestar stuff.  Mostly just random stuff that I happen across though.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 4, 2014, 04:30 PM »
Thanks for your input gentlemen
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 4, 2014, 09:14 PM »
Thanks for your input gentlemen

Let me know if you want me to bring him to the next meeting so you can check him out in person.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 3, 2014, 01:12 AM »
My Space 1999 collection. I need more shelves.  ;D

23" diecast, flipping huge!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: October 3, 2014, 01:34 AM »
How big is the big ship from that line?  And how much?  Just curious. :P  Your top shelf there on the left, haha.  I've seen those and kinda wanted one for something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 4, 2014, 12:23 AM »
It's just over 2.5 feet, 34". As for cost, loose incomplete $150. Loose complete, $150. to $250. All complete with box & such, $250 to $500.

My loose one is a Canadian boxed version, English/French on the box & instructions are all white. The US instruction version has white/blue printing. You can have my CDN version for $1000. or my MISB version for $3000. since a MISB version just sold on the bay for $1600.  Or you can have my vertibird version in the slim box, top right for $4000.  :P

This was the biggest toy ship back in the day.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 4, 2014, 01:09 AM »
My best friend in 1st grade had one of those.  Pretty cool looking ship.  Nice collection you have there!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 10:37 PM »
I finally got around to picking up a nice MISB Cap'n Peg Leg from the Matchbox Fighting Furies line off eBay. I don't really have much interest in the rest of the line or the kooky outfits, but I have such vivid memories of this figure from my childhood.

You got a lot of value for $3.99 back in the day!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline digktialx

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 2, 2015, 01:21 AM »
Some nice stuff. I never saw the space stuff that looks very cool. I don't actively collect 70s-80s toys myself since I like the modern releases they've done. I do still have a bunch of those M.A.S.K. vehicles and ONE lone mask guy without a mask. I liked the toy line didn't care for the TV show at all.

-dx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ToyGear
Twitter: @foamtrays

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 2, 2015, 11:18 AM »
I have some old school G1 Transformers and a few of the old Battlestar Galactica figures - both the 4" guys and the minifigures.  I've thought about picking up some of the older MASK or He-Man stuff, but just have a figure here or there that I've come across by accident.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2015, 05:15 PM »
Scored MASK Boulder Hill playset today at a garage sale for $10, even has parts of the box. Missing the gas hoses, though. Oh, and the figures.

Space 1999 Eagle, some crazy fool on Hisstank.com is customizing an incomplete one into some Cobra vehicle. What a waste.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2015, 01:01 PM »
I picked up a complete set of Clash of the Titans figures last month including the Weapons for a little over $100 shipped.  There are only four figures (plus another Perseus with Pegasus), but its a nice little addition to my vintage corner.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2015, 02:18 PM »
I picked up a complete set of Clash of the Titans figures last month including the Weapons for a little over $100 shipped.  There are only four figures (plus another Perseus with Pegasus), but its a nice little addition to my vintage corner.

NICE! I assume they are all loose?

I have been looking to pick up a carded set off eBay but they are pretty spendy. One day hopefully. Did you get the Kraken too?

I'm also currently hunting for a MISB 70's JJ Armes action figure. Man, that thing was cool.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2015, 05:23 PM »
Sadly no Kraken.  He wasn't included in the lot and I don't have room for him in such a small display space anyway.  I have also been snagging original Zoids figures here and there as I had a few when I was a kid.  Amazing how much you can afford when there is no star wars product to purchase.   :-\

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 5, 2016, 10:06 AM »
I've been enjoying some retro toy collecting lately. Finally found a MISB JJ Armes figure, made by Ideal in 1976. (still need that boss van)

Even better, I finally bit the bullet and picked up a complete set of the 1980 Filmation Flash Gordon figures. (Minus Vultans wings, but those will be replaced) I've wanted a set of these forever, loved the show as a kid. Only ended up costing me $17 each shipped, not bad at all.

There will be more to come!