Author Topic: Storing vintage figures  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Storing vintage figures
« on: June 5, 2005, 04:24 PM »
I bought those C-3PO and Vader carrying cases that were exclusive to Wal-Mart recently and have decided to store my vintage figures in them.

My question is, is that good for the vintage figures long-term? I just don't want to end up with discolored figures later on since I have put a lot of cash into updating my vintage collection.

Thanks and other love.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Storing vintage figures
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 10:00 AM »
inadvertent imitation,

I would imagine that this would be fine if the case is not stored in a hot or humid place.  But moreover what in the world are you doing by not displaying these gems ???

DBK

I bought those C-3PO and Vader carrying cases that were exclusive to Wal-Mart recently and have decided to store my vintage figures in them.

My question is, is that good for the vintage figures long-term? I just don't want to end up with discolored figures later on since I have put a lot of cash into updating my vintage collection.

Thanks and other love.

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 10:07 AM »
If you don't plan to display them, you may want to put them in individual zip-lock bags.  You should still be able to fit them into the slots in the case, but this would preserve them a little better.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 11:55 AM »
I may be wrong, but my experiance says that storing them in carrying cases is very adequate. My stuff got put away durring High School and remained stored though College. I would say they stayed store for more than 10 years before I broke them out to display them and they remained in the same shape as the day I stored them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 11:58 AM »
I guess it depends on the environment.  I wouldn't want to chance it though.  I would give them the added protection, but that's me.  :)
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection