Author Topic: Your 12" Figure Collection .  (Read 27535 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Your 12" Figure Collection .
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2005, 11:16 PM »
I'm finding myself having a greater interest in the 12" line now, so after ROTS ends, I might just switch to these since I won't be into 3.75" stuff anymore.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2005, 08:23 PM »
Added the Clone Trooper and Grevious last night. Grevious rocks and the Clone Trooper has a bit of weight to him.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2005, 10:57 PM »
I like the Grievous, but I have yet to take any of my 12" ROTS figures out of their packaging.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2005, 11:30 AM »
I'm really not a 12" collector, and I think that I only have 4 total...and nothing particularly spectacular at that (Luke Stormtrooper, Han Stormtrooper, Han Endor, Luke Dagobah w/Yoda, "Ultimate" Yoda).  However, I have seen a few of the ROTS ones floating around, and they don't look too bad.  The Grievous in particular looks kind of spiffy, although I don't think I'll be picking it up.  I have been thinking about getting a Chewbacca though, and saw the KB version back on Apr 2, but passed because it was $30 and I had already spent quite a bit.  Has anyone picked up this, or the VOTC version?  If so, what do you think of them?  Are there any differences between the two, other than packaging/weapon?  I was just curious if one was a better choice than another.  I don't really have room for a lot of 12" figures, but Han and Chewie have always been my favorites, so I thought it might be nice to get a Chewbacca one.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2005, 08:21 AM »
Well I think I have almost all of them up to the beginning of AOTC.  After that I don't have all that many either by choice or simply could never find them at retail.  Such as Yoda, Ewoks 2 pack, Garindan, etc. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2005, 02:32 AM »
Just scored myself a 12" Grievous. I haven't opened it yet, but I can tell it needs a darker paint job.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 5, 2005, 12:12 PM »
Instead of listing everything I have - I'm going to list what I don't have... I keep a list of what I'm missing here at work so I can scan eBay from time-to-time...

My 12" collection consists of one of every 12" figure, figure w/vehicle and figure w/beast released except for the following:

Collector Series:
Boba Fett
Stormtrooper

Action Collection:
AT-AT Driver
Electronic C-3PO & R2-D2 (TRU exclusive)
Electronic 14" Darth Vader (the one I have, I opened)
Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise w/Dianoga Tentacle
R2-D2 w/Detachable Utility Arms

and that's it - that's all I'm missing before I can claim I have a "complete" set of 12" figures.

The AT-AT driver isn't really a necessity since it is just a re-package from the exclusive version that came in the Collector Series style packaging. I want to kick myself over not having the Electronic droids simply because I saw them all over, but didn't get into collecting 12" figures until TPM came out.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline pakledjim

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2005, 03:45 PM »
Like Pete Fett there are only a few that I'm missing. Unfortunately I haven't been keeping track lately, so I don't know all the figures I'm missing. The only one I definitely don't have is Plo Koon.

jiM
traded with:darthmaul94, Big Mac, Captain J Sparrow, starwax137,

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2005, 05:27 PM »
I have to say I am very impressed with my two new 12" dolls, Barriss Offee and Shaak Ti.  The articulation is what I dreamed for on my other female dolls and I already envision customs with Barriss (her bald head works perfect).  The material on her cape is well done and both figures can hold their lightsabers with no problems.  Shaak Ti's gown isn't as full as I would have hoped but these two by far are the best yet.  (If Speeder Bike Leia didn't have that goofy grin, she'd be in spot number one).

12" Dolls

The newest editions are at the bottom of the 12" dolls page.
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2005, 09:25 PM »
Very nice Beth. I haven't seen Barriss and Shaak since I saw them at TRU, next time I think I will grab them. Hopefully Zellers gets them as there $5. cheaper.

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2005, 01:56 AM »
My 12" collection is very small.  I have always been really selective about what I will buy in this scale.

IG-88 POTJ (x2) (custom silver struts added to keep legs extended)
Boba Fett Electronic
Boba Fett OTC
Bossk (a little weak on the head sculpt but hey its Bossk!)
Zuckuss
Jawa Electronic (x4)
R2-A6
R5-D4 (x2)
Ponda Baba

Stormtrooper Marmit (x4)

Darth Vader Medicom on order

Non Star Wars
Dr. Evil (Captain Action) -exposed brain: brilliant
Armed Terrorist (21st Century Toys)- Such an inappropriate toy
Mazinger Z
Mandarin Spawn

Offline jkgjeb

• Youngling
  • I'm the Obi-Wan of Jedis - old and cautious
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 6, 2005, 09:47 AM »
I have all but the Saga Biker Scout and the ever-elusive Plo Koon. I am also eating gravel, as I am very poor haha!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 7, 2005, 11:49 AM »
I used to be caught up with this line until AOTC came out.  After that it was hit or miss.  I would still someday like to get the following: 

AOTC Yoda
Ewoks 2 pack
Geonosian Warrior
Garindan
Plo Koon
Ki-Adi-Mundi 

Wish they would make a Hammerhead, Kit Fisto, Aayla Secura, ROTS Clonetroopers (different color schemes), Some Jabba aliens including Jabba himself, A-Wing Pilot, etc.   Never happen now I guess.

Offline bobafett1121

• Youngling
  • Boba Fett Rules!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2005, 12:37 PM »
I have over 70 twelve inch figures.there are to many to list. but I do have about all the main characters. And they cover a six foot shelf on my wall. I wish hasbro will chande their mind and continue to make twelve inch figures.
Boba Fett Rules!!!!!!

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2005, 07:02 PM »
So far all i have are  ROTS Palpatine and a Clone trooper...I wanna get another one to open tho

*update* Courtesy of my girlfriend in the States, I now have the KB ROTS Chewie and another ROTS Clone trooper, as well. as Saga Dooku and Obiwan, Episode 1 Qui-Gon and Darth Maul, and Barriss Offee acquired through flea markets and TRU...Anyone know if the Head of the ROTS clone and the AOTC Obiwan are compatible? I'm looking to make a 12 inch General Kenobi, but i don't wanna wreck anything. With any luck i'll be able to track down Shaak Ti, and Grievous, maybe the Ultimate Villain Anakin, so i'll have the complete ROTS 12 inch line...just waiting for Sideshow to start making them now <crosses his fingers and prays they won't be TOO expensive>
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 02:39 PM by RichardTheBloody »