Author Topic: RotS Deluxe Clone 3-packs  (Read 30323 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: RotS - Deluxe Figures
« Reply #30 on: June 5, 2005, 10:47 AM »
So this must mean there are a total of FOUR different packaging variations for these deluxe clones?!?!?!

And Hasbro goes and packs them 1 per case.

IDIOTS!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 5, 2005, 12:39 PM »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  :(
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 5, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Are any of the paint schemes movie accurate?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 5, 2005, 06:05 PM »
I was hoping the red was going to be acurate for the Shock Troopers on Coruscant. But the red is more darker and the placement is not movie accurate.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 5, 2005, 06:33 PM »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  :(

Nothing to be sorry about - now I understand when I found the remnants of around 10 cases of Wave 3 Deluxe figures at one of my local Target stores the other day ALL 9 or 10 Clonetrooper 3-packs were gone - if the four variants are packaged randomly, the person who found them was bound to need AT LEAST four, if not doubles or more if they are an army builder.

It's when Hasbro does something like this that just makes me sit back and wonder WTF? If they were going to make it that you needed to get four different three packs to have a complete set then they should have shipped cases of NOTHING BUT the Clonetroopers - two of each variety in a case that fit eight packs.

Then at least stores like EE or even shop.starwars.com could offer the case to the collectors so they could be done with a single purchase.

>:(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: June 6, 2005, 11:42 AM »
So this must mean there are a total of FOUR different packaging variations for these deluxe clones?!?!?!

And Hasbro goes and packs them 1 per case.

IDIOTS!

Agreed.   >:(

I was debating on whether I needed these, now the answer is NO.  I'm not going to chase down 4 different packs only to end up with 6 "unique" figures and 6 "repeats".   ::)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: RotS Deluxe Clone 3-pack
« Reply #36 on: June 6, 2005, 11:52 AM »
Ughhh...did they not learn anything from the CW 3 packs??

You could ship these things as solid case packs (3 each of 4 variations) and retailers would have no problems with warm pegs.

I'm not even going to bother looking for these guys - I never found the CW versions at retail so why would these be any different?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 6, 2005, 12:25 PM »
If there's anything we can count on from Hasbro, it's consistancy. They are not going to ship the varient randomly in the same case assortment, that's not what they did for the Clone Wars series. The white clones are in wave 3 rotation 1. I'm going to guess that at the very least, there is going to be four more rotations, 3 with a different color variation in each and one with all three in the same 3-pack. Hopefuly, they'll kick the quantity up to 2 per case, but that reamins to be seen. So when anyone finds a colored 3 pack, try to take note of the R# and case ratio.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2005, 12:26 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #38 on: June 6, 2005, 02:07 PM »
Well, this is incredibly frustrating news. There's just no way, if the current pace holds up, that I'll ever manage to track down 1 opener and 1 carded version of each set.

I've been on the road for the last several days, and have checked Targets, Walmarts, and TRUs from Orange County, CA all the way up to Seattle, WA. I've come across the clone 3-pack once, at an out of the way Target in WA, and only because I walked into the store probably minutes after they were put out. They recieved one case, and have no more cases in stock. They do have six pegs of Obi-Wans and Palpatines, however.

I agree that Hasbro needs to get a case out there that consists of nothing but clones, even if they have to include a jetpack one in there for variety. I find it fitting that the text on the front of the package says "Build Your Army!" and that at the ratio and rate that these have been distributed, there's a fat chance in hell of many being able to do that.

>:(

« Last Edit: June 6, 2005, 02:09 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #39 on: June 6, 2005, 03:28 PM »
What a pain. :-\ I'm gonna shoot for 1 trooper of each color (pose inconsequential, assuming each color comes in more than one pose) for some semblance of completeness, and then as many of the plain white ones as I can get.

Thank the Force I open 'em and I don't collect packaging variants, or I'd go insane and broke.

I suppose they're doing this as a half-assed token effort so they can gouge us with the inevitable EE SA 4-packs later on. ::)
« Last Edit: June 6, 2005, 03:33 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #40 on: June 6, 2005, 03:34 PM »
This is pretty annoying. So there is a the white pack, the green, and the red? Anything else?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

SilverZ

« Reply #41 on: June 6, 2005, 03:55 PM »
So, are there any sets beyond these? What are we missing, pic-wise?

Plain Standing, Kneeling and Prone

Red Standing, Green Kneeling, Blue Prone

Red Standing, Plain Kneeling and Prone
« Last Edit: June 6, 2005, 04:08 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 6, 2005, 04:00 PM »
It is annoying.  Hence the reason I won't get any.  I would not be able to find these regardless.  The Clone Wars ones were way to hard for me to locate.  I won't even try with these.  Boo-hoo-hoo.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #43 on: June 6, 2005, 05:35 PM »

Well you solved my problem, thats the set i want. One of each color. :) Now only if i could find it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 6, 2005, 07:32 PM »

Well you solved my problem, thats the set i want. One of each color. :) Now only if i could find it.

I believe this is only a mockup sample.  No way Hasbro would let this slide with all variations in one pack.