Author Topic: RotS Deluxe Clone 3-packs  (Read 30259 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: RotS Deluxe Clone 3-pack
« Reply #45 on: June 6, 2005, 08:14 PM »
So, are there any sets beyond these? What are we missing, pic-wise?

Plain Standing, Kneeling and Prone

Red Standing, Green Kneeling, Blue Prone

Red Standing, Plain Kneeling and Prone

I think the pack with all three clones colored is a mock up. I can't say for sure, but I don't think we're getting it. In addition to the red standind pack, pictures are floating around of the green kneeling pack.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #46 on: June 6, 2005, 10:46 PM »
Well that sucks, i was hoping that would have been one of the packs.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

SilverZ

« Reply #47 on: June 6, 2005, 11:10 PM »
There's also the 4th Clone sculpt, the one holding the binoculars, that hasn't popped up yet... although there's been no confirmation of him coming, you know it is going to happen.

So the green kneeling pack is two cleans and the one green? This could get really annoying, real quick.  ::)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #48 on: June 7, 2005, 01:14 AM »
If I manage to find one pack of these, I'll be happy. I managed to get all the flavors when they did this for CW, but it took too much effort. I'd rather sink that money into #41 Clones.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 7, 2005, 05:02 AM »
Greens out as well? No breaks at all. I still have to play catch up with regular figures.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 8, 2005, 10:07 AM »
Anyone found them yet?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 8, 2005, 06:38 PM »
So let's see, we got a red Commander Thire who is arguably not even seen in the movie, jet pack clones who aren't seen at all, a $12.99 Target "exclusive" (eBay exclusive) clone that has Neyo legion markings, but not a Neyo legion helmet that has no role in the movie, 2 different white clones which barely have roles, and the 2 colored clones in the deluxe pack which also are not on screen.

Hrmmm.

Should we not have orange Cody clones, blue 501st temple raid clones, and red coruscant clones instead?

I feel like what we've gotten so far is from a different movie than the one that I saw.

On top of that, let's face it, these 3-pack clones look like total garbage next to clone #6 and clone #41.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2005, 06:40 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 8, 2005, 07:42 PM »
So let's see, we got a red Commander Thire who is arguably not even seen in the movie, jet pack clones who aren't seen at all, a $12.99 Target "exclusive" (eBay exclusive) clone that has Neyo legion markings, but not a Neyo legion helmet that has no role in the movie, 2 different white clones which barely have roles, and the 2 colored clones in the deluxe pack which also are not on screen.

Hrmmm.

Should we not have orange Cody clones, blue 501st temple raid clones, and red coruscant clones instead?

I feel like what we've gotten so far is from a different movie than the one that I saw.

On top of that, let's face it, these 3-pack clones look like total garbage next to clone #6 and clone #41.

Right on! But you know, the truly annoying part is, do you see any of that stuff sitting on the shelves?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 8, 2005, 10:57 PM »
Something else occured to me regarding these three-packs...

Clones are colored in this movie not really by rank so much as unit. Sure there are commanders and captains for individual units, but for the most part a clone with red markings (like the Shocktrooper) does not mean they are all Captains.

So why didn't Hasbro make the clones like this:

Set 1 - All White
Set 2 - All three with the rust/red/brown markings
Set 3 - All three with the green markings
Set 4 - All three with the blue/gray markings

Afterall, the idea here is to "build your army" - well the Grand Army of the Republic doesn't have only ONE clone with Rust/Red/Brown markings, it has an entire squad of them!

For the CW sets this was fine 'cause the majority of the clones were white and only the ranked officers had specific colors. Someone needs to clue in the team who makes the deluxe figures that these crazy color paterns don't indicate rank, but instead indicate squad.

So again, to add insult to injury, not only does the one-variant per set, one set per case situation suck a$$, there's really going to be no way to have squads of ANY of the units represented by these color variants.

IMHO - they should have passed on doing this again and just picked three key colorings from the movie, like:

And made three variants to Clone #41 and then shipped out cases where an entire case was either 12 Orange, 12 Red or 12 Blue and then just be done with unit designations. None of the others developed for background or put in and then dropped in the editing room even deserve to be immortalized in plastic.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 8, 2005, 11:05 PM »
For the CW sets this was fine 'cause the majority of the clones were white and only the ranked officers had specific colors. Someone needs to clue in the team who makes the deluxe figures that these crazy color paterns don't indicate rank, but instead indicate squad.

Excellent point, Pete.  It seems a little odd to change the significance of the markings (ie. from rank to squad), but it would be nice if the toys actually reflected what happened in the movie.

I'd have to agree that the best move would have been:

Set 1 - All White
Set 2 - All three with the rust/red/brown markings
Set 3 - All three with the green markings
Set 4 - All three with the blue/gray markings

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 9, 2005, 12:36 AM »
All I know is that it took me a year and a half to track down all 5 color variations last time around - culminating at CIII when I spent $25.00 for a slightly damaged Red one.

Now there are 4 MORE varieties of basically the same thing, and I've only got a all white one so far - and technically I don't have it yet since someone found it for me.

Not to mention that I need one of the White Packs to open and one of the All Color packs to open (assuming that the single green and single red figure are the same as the ones in the all color pack).

So I'm still looking for anywhere from 5 to 7 of these things.

Deja vu'

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 9, 2005, 03:23 AM »
This sucks. I don't even remember those clones from the movie, but alas: I'll search forever to find all of these variations.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #57 on: June 9, 2005, 09:13 AM »
I wish the mock up pack was one of the sets. I would have been very happy with one of each color.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 9, 2005, 12:16 PM »
This sucks. I don't even remember those clones from the movie,

I don't think they were in the movie. :P

I wish the mock up pack was one of the sets. I would have been very happy with one of each color.

Same here. Much easier.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 9, 2005, 02:12 PM »
Dressel hit the nail on the head - but the funny thing is, these off the wall clonies are selling.   :o

Just imagine how hard it would be to find clones that actually had a decent amount of screen time!

:P