Author Topic: What Vintage Do You Still Have From Your Childhood?  (Read 41510 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: What Vintage Do You Still Have From Your Childhood?
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2006, 10:26 PM »
I haven't been able to buy a loose Vintage figure in a long time - so just about all of my 60-70 figures were actually my "toys" that I played with when I was a little kid. I respected Star Wars - so all of my figures are in the same condition they were bought. None broken, none lost.

The GI Joes, on the otherhand. I had twice as many Joes as I have Star Wars figures - but I have only recovered a handful.

Star Wars is God.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2006, 10:30 PM »
between tearing them up myself, my younger siblings taking my unplayed with toys, and mom just throwing stuff away i don't have a single remnant of my childhood sw toys.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2006, 06:49 AM »
between tearing them up myself, my younger siblings taking my unplayed with toys, and mom just throwing stuff away i don't have a single remnant of my childhood sw toys.

My SW toys were the only ones my mom wouldn't let me get rid of for some reason. She actually kept them from me, only to be found years later. I'm glad she did be cause every other figure I had was either busted and thrown out or sold...

Offline Skyhoucker

• Youngling
  • It will be done, my lord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2006, 11:49 AM »
Sadly, none! I was born in 1984... one year after ROTJ debuted, so I never originally had any Vintage figures... So, I'm not really (re)collecting, I'm collecting for the very first time!
Finally finished RotS

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2006, 01:49 PM »
Sadly, none! I was born in 1984... one year after ROTJ debuted, so I never originally had any Vintage figures... So, I'm not really (re)collecting, I'm collecting for the very first time!

That's pretty cool actually, how has that experience been? Seeing some of your other posts you appear to be going head first into collecting the vintage picking up anything and everything that interests you. It must be exciting to pickup these toys and really see them for the first time.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Skyhoucker

• Youngling
  • It will be done, my lord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2006, 12:57 AM »

That's pretty cool actually, how has that experience been? Seeing some of your other posts you appear to be going head first into collecting the vintage picking up anything and everything that interests you. It must be exciting to pickup these toys and really see them for the first time.

It's more than that, it's like opening the door to a brand new EVERYTHING! There's just something so much better (in my opinion) about the vintage figures than the modern ones.  The cardbacks are amazing, just absolutely beautiful!  I can't wait to get my hands on my first carded vintage figure... that's going to be the epitome of the "perfect day"!... I seriously get jittery just thinking about it... I'm thinking it's going to be a Tusken Raider 12-Back style!!!
Finally finished RotS

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2006, 07:37 AM »
Unfortunately, when I was about 17 I wanted to buy a guitar so I sold most of my vintage stuff.  I do still have a few items that are in well played with condition.  The elevator from the Death Star was the only piece to survive that set.  I still have the first figure my parents gave me...an R2-D2 (could have even been a 12 back) that has some significant paint wear.  A few of my figures may still be originals that I had as a kid because I think I only sold all the doubles of my figures.  Oh well...now I just have to pay three times as much for everything.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2011, 09:21 PM »
I was recently thinking about this topic again and took the opportunity to snap a shot of all my childhood toys together. It's been ages since they were all together. Many of the figures are in my display case as they're my best conditioned examples for those figures, others are displayed elsewhere.

It was fun to put all of these together, if even momentarily...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2011, 12:22 AM »
Great pic!  It looks like your figures aged nicely.  It's great seeing those Hoth backpacks still in use.  8)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2011, 10:42 AM »
What's that on Bossk's head? That ain't no SW accessory!  ;)

(Awesome pic!)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 5, 2011, 12:07 PM »
What's that on Bossk's head? That ain't no SW accessory!  ;)

(Awesome pic!)

It's the helmet from the GI Joe ARAH figure Shockwave. That's my first ever custom made when I was 9. :) Long winded story is here --> http://www.thecustomalliance.com/potc/first.htm
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2011, 11:22 AM »
I finally unpacked my vintage collection. It's in our bedroom. I'm still working on finding all the guns. The BSG figures have their accessories.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline SWJACK

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2011, 12:44 AM »
Are the Bluestars & headman real??  :o  And that squid/ 4 lom/ hammerhead 'thing' ( I forget the name) & the Vlix & the unreleased droids???

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2011, 09:21 AM »
The blue stars, headman and Death Star droid prototype are just simple customs as is the Mong Beefhead Tribesman. The unreleased droids & Vlix are castings of the original prototypes.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2011, 09:59 AM »
Damn dude, just...damn. That is like a vintage wet dream right there.

BSG? Buck Rogers? If you have a shelf someplace with the full run of Black Hole or vintage LOTR figures, you are officially the God of Toys.  ;D

Why did they stop producing castings from the DROIDS prototypes? I would buy those in a heart beat. I see those things pop up on eBay from time to time but they are always half-assed customs.

Awesome collection, just awesome. I am rarely impressed by other people's stuff but this is right up my alley.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy