Author Topic: Aliens/Predators Series 2  (Read 3978 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Aliens/Predators Series 2
« on: March 5, 2004, 07:58 AM »
Who else is psyched up for a return of more figures?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Aliens/Predators Series 2
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2004, 09:05 AM »
Oh yeah, I'm there.  8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2004, 10:14 AM »
Not I :(

I'm a little disappointed in this coming series.  I only collect the Predator figures so there is little interest.  

One is a re-release of the Predator from the Aliens/Predator two pack.  That's a good thing for a lot of people as many passed on that two pack due to a lack of love for either the Alien or the Predator.  I was fortunate to find an Alien fan that didn't want the Predator.  But because I have it already, I don't need another.  

The second is a re-release, with minor modifications, of the Predator from the immediately preceding release.  I suppose there is an outside chance I'll pick it up, but at this point I'm saying no.  If it's sufficiently different from its predecessor then probably I will.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2004, 12:20 PM »
I'm for it, because I didn't pick up the first series right away and I missed the Predator with detachable arm. (And the Dog Alien.)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 09:50 AM »
My second favorite film frachises (I like them equally)!

I'm definitely getting a few of the ridge-head Aliens (from Aliens), which I've been clamoring for since this whole McToys AvP thing started. I want to make some sort of hive setup. I think I'll also get maybe one more of the smooth-dome Aliens (from Alien), seeing as its awesome and also comes with fachuggers and eggs.

I'm also thinking I might get that masked Predator also, but I really want McToys to give us a fully articulated, removeable mask Pred from the first film. Its kinda pissing me off that we aren't getting one.

I can't wait to see how the figures from the new movie stack up. They better be just as articulated as these, or I'll leave them hanging on the pegs with those miserable Matrix toys. Same goes for Hicks.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 01:41 PM »
I'm totally digging that masked Pred with the skull and spine. That is so cool. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 8, 2005, 01:00 PM »
Perhaps it would have been more on appropriate to stick this in the Micronauts thread, but I figure the Alien/Pred guys would look in here… anyway, first pics of the eagerly awaited Alien and Predator figures are up at http://www.microforever.com/preview2000.htm

Off topic:  some nice reviews and pics of the new magne micros, which look totally lusty! http://www.microforever.com/main.htm
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: May 9, 2005, 02:05 AM »
The heads are goofy huge, but the accessories look worth a purchase.  3.75" scaled facehuggers, chest bursters, and weapons for Predators (the Snap Kit figs) that don't go limp and need some Enzyte...  That sounds good to me for a buy or two.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 9, 2005, 01:15 PM »
I thought the same thing about the heads, but a size comparison with the film costume reveals that they are just about spot on as far as proportions.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 8, 2005, 10:45 AM »
hlj just got them in, you can check out pics there- www.hlj.com

Dale, I figure a lot of people were using their pics for auctions.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2005, 06:33 PM by Bob Crane »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 9, 2005, 03:45 AM »
These must be the ones you are talking about:

MA-13 Microman Alien Warrior

MA-14 Microman Alien Queen

HLJ has there site set up that they don't allow hotlinking, the pic's on the auction block might have been saved from there site and just loaded into the eBay system. Happens all the time.  ;)