Author Topic: Hallmark Star Wars  (Read 36412 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Hallmark Star Wars
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2004, 09:52 PM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2004, 01:48 PM »
Rebelscum has a new little feature up on the Hallmark Star Wars ornaments over the years.  This is an area of SW Collecting that I've always been interested in, but I have a LOOONG way to go.  I have the Yoda from 2003, and hopefully the Chewie/3PO set coming this year from someone.  Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am a little bit confused after reading that feature.  When reading through it mentions several ornaments along the way....for example "Luke Bespin is the 1st in the Star Wars series", "Darth Vader is the sixth in the Star Wars series", and "Chewbacca is the latest and 8th in the Star Wars series"....are the ornaments seperated into different categories in some way?  I know there are large and "mini" ornaments, but besides that there is more "non-mini" character ornaments on that page than 8.  I was just curious, I guess I could justify trying to catch up easier if I was just looking to complete a series of 8 (so far), instead of all 42 that have been released so far.  Can anyone enlighten me on this ornament hierarchy? :)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2004, 02:16 PM »
There's not really much to tell... every year, Hallmark just designates one of it's Star Wars ornaments to be included in the series, and the others are just... there. I've got a few extras somewhere if you're interested. I think I have a Stormtrooper and the 2nd Vader that was released, and maybe a few others. I'd have to look.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2004, 02:53 PM »
Thanks Dave, I see what you mean.  I was curious what made the other, normal sized ornaments different from the "Collector's Series", and apparently its....nothing, aside from a few box differences the way it looks.  We'll see, but I'd like to try to track down a collection...starting with the OT ones anyways...and probably staying away from the "minis" as well.  The ships are kind of appealing too though.  I don't think the Mrs. is a fan of them being on the "normal" Christmas tree, so I might have to get a little tree in our office to display them on :).  Thanks again for the info, I really appreciate it.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2004, 02:57 PM »
I've collected all of the OT ones so far, but don't have this year's 3 yet.  Fun little suckers, even if I don't get to hang them on our regular tree in the living room...   ;)

BTW, is anyone interested in this Amidala ornament?

My sis gave it to me, but I don't collect the prequel ones.  I wouldn't mind unloading it, and getting it off my hands.  I'd be willing to sell it for $5 (it's unopened), plus a couple bucks for shipping, if anyone wanted it...  I think it retails for $15, but I could check that on it's tag.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2004, 03:57 PM »
Here's a checklist...

Star Wars Hallmark Ornaments 1996-2003

Millennium Falcon
Vehicles: AT-AT, Tie Fighter, X-Wing

C3PO and R2D2
Darth Vader
Luke Skywalker
Yoda

Boba Fett [No date stamp]
Ewoks (set of 3)
Princess Leia
Star Wars Lunchbox
X-Wing

Chewbacca
Darth Vader’s TIE Fighter
Han Solo
Max Rebo Band (set of 3)
Naboo Fighter
Queen Amidala

Darth Maul
Gungan Sub
Jedi Council
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Qui-Gon Jinn
Stormtrooper

Anakin Skywalker
Battle of Naboo (set of 3)
Empire Strikes Back Lunchbox
Jar Jar Binks
Naboo Royal Starship
R2D2

Darth Vader
Luke Skywalker
Death Star
Jango Fett
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Slave 1

Clonetroopers (set of 2)
Yoda Jedi Master
Padme’ Amidala
C-3PO
TIE Fighter

Anakin Skywalker
Chewbacca and C-3PO
Tantive IV
A New Hope Poster

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2004, 06:17 PM »
Here are some pictures of my Star Wars tree.  No ornaments so far for 2004 but I should have them all one way or another by years end.

Fett's ship is the only one I can't put on the tree, it's just too heavy!!

Christmas Tree
Beth

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2004, 09:07 PM »
Here's my Star Wars tree.

:D

I'm only missing about 6 ornaments... I need to post a 'WTB' here...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2005, 11:02 AM »
Stopped by the Hallmark store in the mall while we were there last week, and they had all their ornaments on clearance (of course).  We had quite a few family birthdays to shop for, so I just picked up one.  They had the Star Wars poster ornament for $4.99 (which I got), as well as the Star Destroyer "light up" one for $7.  Just about got both, might check back again and get the other one, they had a ton of them that day.  Nice to hit those clearances, wish I would have done that in the past as well :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2005, 04:14 PM »
Hallmark up here used to clearance these things at 50% off the day after Christmas.  Now they are deemed  "Collectibles" ::) and no longer put on sale.  That's fine by me, I'll go pick them up off ebay.  Even with shipping they come out cheaper than the horrendous retail prices.  The aforementioned Star Destroyer retails up here for $41 plus 14% taxes for the nifty total of $46.74 :o  Uh, no thank you. 

Currently these are selling well on ebay, prices are up, as they always are around the Christmas mindset.  If you're looking to pick them up cheaply on the bay, I suggest June. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2005, 04:33 PM »
My girlfriend is able to get them pretty cheap - she works at Hallmark.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2005, 01:49 PM »
New 2005 Hallmark Ornaments are on the Hallmark site.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2005, 01:58 PM »

Very nice, I'll have to add this to my list to grab...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2005, 02:50 PM »
Need some help, if anyone's got a Hallmark store nearby...  For whatever reason, my family didn't hook me up with all the OT ornaments this year, so I'm in need of the Star Destroyer and the A New Hope Poster ornaments from this past year.  If they're still around, they should be on massive clearance right now.  I've scoped out all of my local Hallmark stores and they're all sold out, but if anyone else has those available near them still (preferably BOTH of them, to save on shipping), I'd love to nab them off you, and could throw in a little extra for your troubles...

I know Brian (mosnab) was hoping to grab the Star Destroyer for me, so we'll see how that goes.  I know "all sales are final" on these things right now, so don't everybody buy me a bunch of 'em at once!   ;)  Maybe "stash" them and contact me and we'll make sure no one else has already gotten them yet...

So thanks, if anyone's able to help re-complete my OT ornament collection!   :-*

- M

P.S.  Can anyone tell me what color box those two come in (blue, red, etc.), so I at least know what I'm looking for when I stumble upon a new Hallmark store?  Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 02:51 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2005, 03:05 PM »