Author Topic: Disney Star Tours  (Read 20687 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Star Tours
« Reply #45 on: May 6, 2011, 07:24 PM »
The Disneyland Star Trader is open. If you want toys, let me know. The X-Wing is back were it belongs!!!!!

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 7, 2011, 09:41 AM »
Ok. Went last night and talked to the cast members. They said the toys are in the backroom but will not be put out until the ride opens on June 3rd.  :-\

The store is all new. LucasFilm painted the old X-Wing that use to hang in the Starcade. Where the old PeopleMover windowers where are moving shadows of Star Wars aliens. (including Captain REX)

« Last Edit: May 7, 2011, 09:43 AM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2011, 07:58 PM »
Walls are down.

That gold thing is C-3PO.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2011, 11:08 PM »
A little preview.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2011, 12:44 AM »
Disneyland is doing AP previews on Star Tours next week. I've got tickets for Wednesday and Saturday from 4-8pm. Anyone else get tickets?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2011, 11:32 PM »
Our own Jim Ristway was at Orlando's Disney World 2011 Star Wars Weekends & Star Tours 2 Grand Opening this past weekend.  It was pretty hectic I guess, but he did a little write-up for us despite being on vacation.  Thanks to him for that!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2011, 04:49 PM »
Here are some GNK droid Fast Pass machines. These are located across from Star Tours at Disneyland. They are the old Buzz Lightyear machines.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2011, 05:19 PM »
My family and I were fortunate enough to be able to go to Annual Passholder's preview for Star Tours. We got in line about 3:30pm and found out that the ride was broken down. It didn't reopen until 6pm. After showing lots of paper work and tickets we entered the main show scene. The new Star Speeder 1000 is repainted orange. There is now a camera droid built into the ship where the old engine part use to be. R2 and 3PO are going about fixing the ship as usual. The pannel screen has been replaced with a huge HD display. I wish I could have stopped to watch the videos but we had to hurry thru.

The next scene is the baggage room. Here a G2 droid is talking to us about the baggage he is scanning. Unfortunately he isn't watching because things like lightsabers, blasters and droids keep getting through. He destroyed a laptop computer by accident and commented on a goofy hat that he thought looked like Jar Jar. "You humans will wear anything! How goofy!" There is a pannel were we see shadows of people walk by. Darth Vader walked by at one point. Finally there is scanner droid that is displaying a heat sensor readouts of us in line. Pretty cool.

Finally, we got on the ship after hearing the new safty speil. The lady that was the flight attentent last time was on the video this time wearing the same hairdo.

**************Ride Spoilers ahead. Stop reading.

The ride started off with 3PO insisting he wasn't the pilot but they auto launched him anyway. We saw the hanger bay with the Falcon. Some stormtroopers are checking luggage that fell on them. They are looking  for a rebel spy. A probe droid locks on to our front window and shows us the picture of a kid on our ship. They realize this is the ship they are looking for and R2 flys us out following the Falcon pass Star Destroyers. We jump to hyperspace.

Now we are on Tatooine in the middle of a pod race. Sabulba is cheating and we get stuck on another pod. Using the extra thrust, we win the race. R2 slows down the and other pod flys off hitting Sabulba. We jump to hyperspace.

We get an incomming hologram transmission from Princess Leia voiced by Carrie Fisher giving us new vectors to deliver the spy. The video of Leia was from ANH but the lips were changed for the new dialog. We jump again into hyperspace.

Now we are above Genosis. Boba Fett is firing on us and wants the spy. We get chased through the asteroids field and then ditch Fett by diving into the half completed Death Star chased by Darth Vader. We go to the core and back out threw a landbay full of stormtroopers and a shuttle. Fett is waiting for us. He launches a sonic bomb and we shoot it back at him and jump into hyperspace.

Finally we land on a rebel ship and thanked for returning the spy.

********************** spoilers off

This was a great update to the ride. It's very smooth and the scenes change well. It was alot of fun. It is now my kids favorite ride in the park. Randall my four year old is a big Star Wars fan and he was giggling so hard at the end that he had a great time. My wife always got sick on the old version and this one made her even more sick. So watch out if you get motion sickness.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2011, 07:28 PM »
Just got back from my first ever visit to Walt Disney World.  Of course the highlight of the trip was Star Tours and my sons going through the Jedi Academy.  I was absolutely amazed at how realistic the ride was.  We ended up going on it three times and each time had a different 'tour'.  I ended up asking one of the flight crew how many different flights there are and she mentioned that there are 54 total.  Can't say enough about how much fun waiting in line and the ride was.  Well done Disney, well done...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2012, 08:06 PM »
If you can tell we are in FL on vacation...we went on Star Tours 4 times and had a ball each time.  I've been wanting to go on Star Tours since I was a wee lad and it was another thing crossed off the list.  My boys also got in on the Jedi Training...too cool

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2012, 08:22 PM »
Nice Scott, hope you're having fun!

Get the Starspeeder.  It's awesome!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2012, 11:08 PM »
Any Star Tours pictures or JTA pictures Scott? I love the HP pictures.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2012, 12:08 PM »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2012, 07:29 PM »
I see you have trained your Padawans well. My wife approves of the Kermit shirt. Great pictures Scott! Looks like you had a great time.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 5, 2013, 08:37 PM »
Just got back from a family vacation at Walt Disney World. Our family really enjoyed the new Star Tours.  We rode four times and got four different tours.