Author Topic: Yoda vs Palpatine  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Yoda vs Palpatine
« on: October 28, 2007, 10:15 PM »
Why the hell did Yoda give up in his fight with Palpatine?   Was it because he lost his saber?  Its not like there were swarms of clones coming in after him.  As soon as he fell its like...hey an escape hatch, I'm out of here.  He was pretty much holding his own with old Palpy until he fell.  Maybe he was hurt

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Yoda vs Palpatine
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 02:45 AM »
I've sorta been curious about that myself...  It's odd.  Losing the saber would be bad though, no doubt, as Palpy's having a saber could be conceived of as an advantage I think.  I would've thought Yoda could've found his saber though...  It just fell down where he was at, but whatever.

I think it's possible perhaps that Yoda sensed the arrival of Palpatine's Cavalry too...  Shortly after he'd made his escape, the sequence of Ameda and the Shocktroopers scouring the place was there...  Maybe Yoda just sensed or knew that Palpy's help was on the way, that he would have to make his way back up to get at Palpy, yada yada yada.  Surely he was aware that help would be on the way for the old prune since Ameda just wandered off and all.  Yoda handled two guards ok, but 100's of Clones coming in would probably be a bit much, especially saberless.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Yoda vs Palpatine
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 01:55 AM »
The answer in the book was that Yoda could not defeat Palpatine.  Although he could hold his own against him, the best outcome was a stalemate.  So he retreated so that he and Obi-Wan could come up with a new strategy.
This is the way.

I have spoken.