Author Topic: ROTS Deleted Scenes  (Read 11214 times)

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Deleted Scenes
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 12:48 AM »
Lucas did a good deal of extra work to complete the Episode I deleted scenes.  I'd not rule out anything.

Then again, the Episode I deleted scenes didn't really make me wonder why they weren't left in, heh.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2005, 03:31 PM »
I just read the article on the official site about the dvd extras and one of the deleted scenes added to the movie will be Yoda arriving on Dagobah.

ILM's gone back and finished the deleted scenes and will be on disc two of the set.

This puts us one step closer to the Expanded Edition set I hope will be made someday!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2005, 08:43 PM »
So they did up all the deleted scenes...

Does this mean Q-Vos?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005, 07:54 AM »
If you want to see the finished Exile to Dagobah shots from the DVD click here…

http://millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5914&start=50

here's a sneak peek
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 07:56 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 09:16 PM »
Nice pics.  The Shaak Ti scene looks interesting as well.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005, 06:06 PM »
I dig.

But are both Shaak Ti scenes on the DVD? If not, she'll die on the Invisible Hand but reappear in the Council hologram on Kashyyk... :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2005, 07:03 PM »
...Uh, I've been banned from MillenniumFalcon yet I've never even registered there. What gives?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2005, 07:25 AM »
I know this isn't a deleted scene, but I think a scene of the Stormtroopers/Clones fighting the wookies after Order 66 and the Empire is formed would be cool.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 2, 2005, 11:41 AM »
I have to admit, I like the notion of Shaak Ti dying by Anakin/Vader as it is in the ROTS book.  I'm sure the deleted scenes will be fine, no biggie, and like Ep. I will show why they were not included. Having said that, I would like to have had Yoda's arrival on Dagaboh included.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 2, 2005, 03:04 PM »
I think everyone would have loved to have seen Yoda's arrival on Dagobay.  I am not real sure why they did not include it? 

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2005, 04:03 PM »

Wat Tambor's death

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2006, 05:49 PM »
Yeah, I remember when I first saw this film in the theatre I kept looking for Wat and his slaughter.  I could see him briefly but never when he got axed.  I know this scene above was cut out of the film.  Is his death on screen at all? 

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2006, 09:26 AM »
If you want to see the finished Exile to Dagobah shots from the DVD click here…

http://millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5914&start=50

here's a sneak peek

That was one of the scenes that I thought should have been shown in Revenge of the Sith

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 01:34 PM »
I totally agree on the Qui-Gon scene! They went so far as to include his voiceover in AOTC, then cut or didn't complete the sequence in ROTS... I'm not sure how much sense the storyline would've made, but there was definately a hole there in the movie.

I'd like to see Yoda land on Dagobah, but I can also agree about saving a surprise for the OT. Originally in ESB it's pretty much a surprise when this little green dude creeps up on Luke eating dinner, and only after acting all pious and saying he's looking for a "great warrior" does he- and the audience- realize that he's actually talking to Yoda. So in a roundabout way for new viewers who decided to take the I-VI route, there would at least be some surprise to it if they hadn't already seen Dagobah.

Personally, I was a little surprised Tarkin didn't have any lines given the actor they chose for the part (if you watched Farscape and know who that is, then I think you know what I mean)- he could've been a dead ringer I think. Was it always planned that he only had the one walk-on cameo?

Now that the DVD is out- I've tried to look it up but with no success, and don't yet own it- what deleted scenes are included on it?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 09:08 PM »
Most of the deleted scenes are rather boring, actually.

I'll just turn off King Kong, pop in the ROTS DVD and get you that list, and a summary for each.

1.Grievous Slaughters a Jedi/Escape from the General(Animatic)
Shaak Ti was abducted by Greivous, so Obi and Ani find them, and Shaak Ti is executed by Greivous. Obi and Ani cut there way through the floor,  and go into this fuel chamber/tank. The fuel explodes after Obi and Ani seel the hatch they came out of, and I think the explosion leads to the Cruiser splitting in half later.

2.A stirring in the Senate(Bail's Office)
Padme is introduced to the Senators who will later form the Rebel Alliance, like Bail Organa and Mon Mothma. They are talking about ways to resist Palpatines rule, since he is gaining too much power.

3.Seeds of Rebellion(Padme's Apartment)
The same group of Senators talk about giving Palpatine a Petition to let Palpatine know that there are many Senators who are not happy with his rule.

4.Confronting the Chancellor(Palpatine's Office)
Padme and her Senator friends present the Petition of 2000 to Palpatine.

5.A Plot to Destroy the Jedi?
This is much like the scene at the Hologram Battle Map in the Jedi Temple, except Mace, Obi-Wan, and Yoda are the only ones present, and it takes place in Yodas meditation hideout. The discussion is much the same.

6.Exiled to Dagobah
This scene is just Yoda's little pod ship landing on Dagobah. That's all. No lines, or anything.

Hope that helps you.