Author Topic: New JD Review: Agen Kolar (Jedi Master)  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: Agen Kolar (Jedi Master)
« on: July 26, 2005, 04:47 AM »
Kicking off the Revenge of the Sith line of figures is a pretty darn good one, and the first figure I personally spotted at retail...  Agen Kolar (Jedi Master)!

You can check out the full review Right Here, and of course you're welcome to share your thoughts with us on this figure as well.

Agen was a fun figure to review, no doubt.  This is pretty close to perfection in an action figure, and all for the basic figure price.  To say this is rare in the modern Star Wars line (at least to this point) is an understatement.  Agen's not without flaws though...  Most noteable right now is his inability to hold a saber with 2 hands.  How Hasbro gets that wrong on any Jedi figure is beyond me at this point.  It's just common sense, but unfortunately Agen misses this point.

However, Hasbro's new Jedi robe attempt is pretty unique and something very few would argue with seeing in the future.  I'm still a softgoods fan, but this multi-piece removable plastic robe is pretty spiffy.

Tack onto that a saber with removable blade (and hooks to his belt), a great sculpt, and articulation that's pretty sweet even IF he can't hold a saber right, and you have a nice figure.  Probably some of the best Jedi Knight fodder for customizers too, ever.

Agen's a sign of great Jedi to come...  Read the review, and enjoy! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: New JD Review: Agen Kolar (Jedi Master)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 10:54 AM »
That was a good review, Jesse, but I have to debate one part. I HAVE gotten Agen to hold his lightsaber with both hands. I haven't done it since April though (the last time he was played with opened), but I'll take a pic later today.

But it was a great review! I love your reviews on here, keep up the good work!

EDIT: Well, I must have been imagining things, because you are correct. Agen sadly can't hold his saber with both hands.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 10:53 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 02:26 AM »
I can get mine to hold a saber with two hands as well Diddly, however it's stretching his joints at the elbows and they're popping off practically...  So I didn't count that. 

The figure's good, I just am most disappointed with the arms...  I mean, a slightly more angled arm (even just the one arm) would've made the figure almost perfect.  As it stands he's some of the best Jedi Fodder ever...  However Pilot Obi-Wan looks to be THE best.  :)  At least the un-robed Jedi fodder...

Thanks for the kind words man, I appreciate it.  I enjoy the reviews...  I used to do them just randomly on my own anyway, so I was happy as a clam to do them for JD when I was offered.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 11:53 PM »
Jesse I also enjoyed your review. I love this figure I had to fork over the $ for another (and give the first to my son) because the lightsaber peg that fits into the hilt broke as my son took it out. This required some super glue which fixed it, but the saber stays in because we don't want to chance it breaking agan. 
I have Agen standing next to my Eeth Koth from the Saga wave. Eeth is alittle smaller then Agen, Agen seems to be a giant amoung the Jedi. Guess Looked on the databank and the list Eeth as 1.71 meters which is compact so Agen could be much taller.
Bottom line, awesome figure! Now if only they could do a new Mace justice!
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 01:12 AM »
Agen's almost a good base to start from on a Mace...  I'd dig some new arms (at least forearms) of course, and stick some softgoods skirt pieces that match up to Mace and it could work ok...

I think the torso's just about right.

Thanks for the words man, and glad you stopped by...  Good figure overall, and easily one to pick a couple up if anyone wants to customize too.  He's great fodder.