Author Topic: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 84493 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2004, 01:52 PM »
Yeah, Brents right. That 1-800 number is a no go up here. I have a bad feeling that a lot of people are going to be choked!  :-\

The Sabre is not showing up on the site anymore that I can see. I also checked my Order Tracking through the "My FAO" & nothing is showing up in there.  :'(

Can I clam false advertising?  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2004, 03:27 PM »
Yep, she definitely said 5:15pm Eastern Standard Time, 'cause I was hoping she meant pacific time which would put me in the big dance on this piece.  But she verified that time to me, and said she took the FINAL order, and the subsequent one that was the first to be sold out, right around that time.

Hell, I'd love for her to be wrong so more people luck out on this great deal, but she sounded pretty damned confident in her responses.  If any people get their sabers who ordered AFTER me, I'm gonna be severely pissed off...

Dave, you may be the only U.S. person who can call their number, so give it a shot when you have a chance and let us know what they tell ya'.

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2004, 10:21 PM »
Anyone know where to get a stand for these?  Toynk.com is sold out right now...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2004, 02:24 PM »
I just received another email from FAO.

Dear Valued Customer,

Your FAO Schwarz Internet order has been processed.

Unfortunately, the item(s) you ordered is no longer available and your order has been cancelled. We apologize if this information was not denoted on the site at the time that your order was submitted.

:'(

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2004, 05:21 PM »
yeah i got beat too... b@stards got my hopes up...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2004, 01:37 AM »
Sorry to hear you guys missed out as well.  But in my own selfish little world, I am glad to see that people who ordered after me and still got confirmation e-mails didn't get the goods while I got screwed!  :P  That would've been somewhat irritating.

Brent, any word yet?

So the hunt for this great collectible continues...  Let's all keep an eye out, and hopefully we'll find another good deal soon!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2004, 02:51 PM »

Brent, any word yet?

No, not yet.  Best I've been able to do is check to see if anything has been posted to my CC.  Nothing has :( (which in an ironic sense, meaning February's bill, that's a good thing).  

So thus far I have a confirmation email but no-sorry, you're hooped-email.  I don't know what to think.  I was clearly later than the time the lady gave you, but I don't know what's going to happen.  Let's just say I've lots of appendages crossed and I'm hoping I get a cheerful email from Jim saying a nice long box from FAO arrived at his place.   :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2004, 01:58 PM »
Changing topics slightly from the original (no, I never got the FX for that price :'() I have a question:

Is $225 US dlvd for a LE Vader ANH saber a good price?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2004, 01:47 PM »
You'll have to get Adam or Beth to answer that for you, but off the top of my head (assuming you're referring to one of MR's regular lightsaber hilt replicas), I'd say hell yeah!  Those things went for $300+ on up to $500, I think...

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2004, 04:50 PM »
Changing topics slightly from the original (no, I never got the FX for that price :'() I have a question:

Is $225 US dlvd for a LE Vader ANH saber a good price?

It's a decent price.  I've seen them sell for $125-150 but lately I think the going rate is around $200-225.  With 7500 of them made, it's not one of the harder ones to find but I think it retailed at $349.00 when it first came out.

I guess if the delivery to your place is included in the price, you are not going to find it much cheaper.  I do notice you have US delivery so I'm not sure if you could save a few more bucks by holding out a little longer or not (this is assuming you have to pay more to get it to Canada).

I must warn you though, once you start down the props path, forever will it dominate your destiny :)

Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2004, 05:22 PM »
Thanks Beth. I know this will be just the start :-\ :'( ;D

The price is delivered in Canada, so no additional shipping and no customs fees.  It is from a guy that no longer wanted his.  I just wasn't sure what they were going for elsewhere.  

Bringing it over the border wouldn't have been a good thing.  We are taxed 14% on the converted US amount (plus $5 inspection fee ::)).  So being generous with the shipping amount, if it had been declared at $200 US, that converts roughly to around $250 Cdn, adding another $35 plus the $5 or $40 total >:(  That essentially is why I jumped at it.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2004, 10:25 PM »
Still browsing at EE.  

Mace Windu Lightsaber FX  $119.99  ETA September.

The Mace Windu Lightsaber, Force FX Edition: Authentic sound & light with die-cast metal hilt. Master Replicas LLC brings you the world's first fully-electronic, studio-authorized replica of Mace Windu's weapon. The hilt of the lightsaber is constructed from durable die-cast metal components. This FX lightsaber also features a permanently attached polypropylene blade which encases an electro-luminescent (EL) core. Once activated, the blade glows brightly and the replica plays back digitally recorded sound effects take directly form the film including power-up, idle hum, swing, clash and power-down. Integrated sensor switches control the pitch and playback of the lightsaber sounds, including an impact sound when the blade encounters an obstacle.

Dimensions (46.5"L x 1.75"H x 2.5"W) and weight (approximately 2 pounds) are to scale from the original props. Finished dimensions are subject to change.

Stands available for FX sabers at $17.99.

Hmmm.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2004, 10:34 PM »
You shut up Brent!   >:(

I still haven't gotten the last two FX sabers yet...   :'(

Chime back in when you find another kickass sales price on it, like the FAO one that everyone got screwed on several months ago...   ::)

Offline hasek3993

• Youngling
  • scalpers are figments of your imagination
    • View Profile
    • scruffy customs
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2004, 10:37 PM »
im really looking forward to seeing this(and getting hopefully).
i have the vader and its very nice, but not the others. im really curious to see how the purple looks, and ive been holding back from buying the actual  MR windu saber cause i wanted this one(and a third the price helps ;) )
i love it when a plan comes together

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2004, 10:45 PM »
I think it'll look very cool once someone's got the complete set, and snaps a pic of the blue, green, red, and purple sabers all lit up next to eachother...

That's my plan someday.  I've just gotten a little lazy with the Vader and Luke ones.  Anyone seen any decent prices on them lately?  Our Vader FX Saber thread died off after that damned FAO fiasco...   :-\