Author Topic: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 84702 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2005, 03:05 PM »
Threesomes?  Wait, what?  oh!

Yeah, I saw the saber on Friday (my greatest day ever, as I have come to call it), and I said to myself, "Jesse, you're not gonna be able to afford vintage at this show, so buy yourself a saber because man, you deserve it!", and with that I did.

Girlfriend just rolled her eyes when I got back to the hotel room, then I smacked her with the saber to display the "crash" effect.  Bwahahaha
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2005, 03:20 PM »
Master Replica did state that they were sending these in mass quantities to all the big dscount stores.  I've seen the older ones last fall at Meijers and I know that Walmart had/has them online.  I guess Borders is selling them as well (and on sale) but as for which one....I'd go with Vader....no, Anakin....no Luke...oh hell, buy all three!! ;)

Beth

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2005, 07:55 PM »
Okay.  I picked up the E3 Anakin Saber today.  Big mistake.  Now im hooked.  Will be picking up the new Vader within the next couple of weeks.  If only this thing had existed when I was about 10 years old :P

They had preorders for the Mace saber where I went as well.  I know this is a re-release.  Any ideas if they will be updating it to the current sabers or if it will have the old specs?

Now if they would only make a Dooku and a Yoda it would be pretty cool. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2005, 08:38 PM »
Master Replica did state that they were sending these in mass quantities to all the big dscount stores.  I've seen the older ones last fall at Meijers and I know that Walmart had/has them online.  I guess Borders is selling them as well (and on sale) but as for which one....I'd go with Vader....no, Anakin....no Luke...oh hell, buy all three!! ;)

Are these old, or new?  They are re-releasing the Vader with the newer ignition for the blade and less batteries, aren't they?  I'm so confused. 

I want Vader, period.  I'll try and score Mace too, just because of the unusual blade color and more ornate handle.  Then it's a blue saber of some sort, unless Luke's ROTJ saber comes around again. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 2, 2005, 09:18 PM »
Ok, since this is the official thread, I have a couple of questions:

1. Are they re-releasing the FX Mace saber in the next couple of weeks (I'll toddle off to EE in a minute to check myself, but always like to have confirmation). 

2.  Are the re-releases all new versions with the improved (relative to their older releases) electronics?

3.  What is a decent (i.e. below MSRP) price for these?

Offline baggiolee

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 3, 2005, 01:54 PM »
Ok, since this is the official thread, I have a couple of questions:

1. Are they re-releasing the FX Mace saber in the next couple of weeks (I'll toddle off to EE in a minute to check myself, but always like to have confirmation). 

2.  Are the re-releases all new versions with the improved (relative to their older releases) electronics?

3.  What is a decent (i.e. below MSRP) price for these?

1) Either it's a released saber or an episode 3 saber....anyone can confirm?
2) I thought there are no re-release so far from FX. The latest FX (3 batt) are Anakin's eps 3 saber and Vader's eps 5 saber.

:)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 3, 2005, 01:57 PM »
The Windu FX saber WILL be re-released.

I think a good price below SRP is about $90 - you have to be diligent though.

I cannot comment on the "improved" electronics.  I would like to purchase a Vader FX saber  - looks like fun.

Offline baggiolee

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 3, 2005, 02:02 PM »
So the Windu FX saber will be a six batteries powered saber?  ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 3, 2005, 02:03 PM »
Thanks guys.  I can't seem to find much for the Mace saber.  EE doesn't have it listed and seemingly few other sites do (I only found one but can't remember the name right now ::) and they had it at $119.99).  I know Borders and other retailers had it at one time, but I'm trying to gauge what the release will be like so if places like Best Buy, Borders and others are getting it I should be able to score one for $99 or so.  

I'm also a bit stuck in most respects because I'm up in Canada.  Very few places carry these things, if any at all.  TRU is supposed to be carrying them and outside of ordering through a comic shop (probably more expensive than online directly) I'm sort of out of luck.  We don't have a variety of retailers carrying these things as is the case south of the border.  I can make the 2.5 hour drive (one way) to Grand Forks or even tack on an extra hour to make it to Fargo if they're widely distributed but with the price of gas, I'm about at break even at best versus an online retailer.  

As for Vader, I guess I've not been thinking too clearly not realizing that the new version was Ep V.  That's fine with me really, I only want a single Vader saber and if it's newer with better electronics and requires fewer batteries, well, I can live with that.  

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 3, 2005, 02:07 PM »
You're welcome!

I've never been a big fan of Windu's saber.  It's too bling bling for my taste...and it's purple - too feminine!

;)

My blade has to be red!   :P

Offline baggiolee

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 3, 2005, 02:09 PM »
I heard from my local distributors that there will be a Episode 3 Varder's 3 batt powered saber releasing in June.....Hopefully there is.  :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 3, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Yeah, I know :-[ but something about the character and that blade/handle really appeals to my, err, feminine side?  I've basically wanted to get only one of each color in time, so red, blue, green and that leaves purple.  Windu's pretty kick ass as a character, so what the heck.  I completely agree about the red though, my first choice has always been to get a Vader saber. 

I've decided to go this way and get rid of all my Hasbro electronic sabers.  They're fun and all, but after seeing the FX sabers in person, well, WOW.

Collector's Gallery Online has it for $119.99 plus the shipping.  

I can find online retailers in jolly, old England and Australia, but the prices leave a bit to be desired :o

Surprisingly the Mace saber is not listed on the MR website >:(

The Vader saber is and is the three battery version.  

Of course Vader is easy to find at $99 through a variety of retailers.  

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 3, 2005, 02:52 PM »
Well got our taxes back yesterday.  Best my wife and I have ever done so we both went on a small shopping spree with each other. 

Picked up the new Vader FX and the Mace FX.  Im hooked.  Just need to find a Luke at a decent price.  Any chance of these being re-released like the Mace?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 3, 2005, 03:07 PM »
Where did you pick up Mace and for how much if I may be so nosey?

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 3, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Where did you pick up Mace and for how much if I may be so nosey?

I picked it up at Gamestop.  I bought my Anakin last weekend and they had that as well as the Vader and said that they would be receivng a few Maces.  Lucked out and got one for $99.  Same as the others.  I really like the design on the Mace better, but the sound quality is not as good as the other 2.  The Anakin is probably the better of the 3.  I believe it has a few more sounds.  The Mace is not the updated style like the Vader and Anakin. 

These come with stands, but was wondering if anyone makes stands to hold multiple sabers? 
« Last Edit: May 3, 2005, 03:45 PM by rebeltrader »