Author Topic: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 84705 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2005, 12:30 PM »
Stop talking like that about the ESB saber >:(

You're making me jealous.  I need that green one dagnabbit.  Here's hoping they do re-release it sometime in the near future.  I really like the hilt on it as well, as it's quite unique.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2005, 03:32 PM »
You're making me jealous.  I need that green one dagnabbit.  Here's hoping they do re-release it sometime in the near future.  I really like the hilt on it as well, as it's quite unique.

Yeah, not sure if I like it more for the color or hilt.  I would like know how they determine which sabers will get made next.  Would make sense to do a survey with the collectors of these things.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2005, 03:36 PM »
Also, is there a better place to order from than MR's site?  I have seen them at Wal-Mart.com, Target.com, as well as SWShop all for cheaper prices, although I think they only have the Anakin saber from what I have seen.

Saber Vault

You won't be sorry if you order from Jeff.  Just a great person and great prices. 
Beth
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2005, 03:50 PM »
Also, is there a better place to order from than MR's site?  I have seen them at Wal-Mart.com, Target.com, as well as SWShop all for cheaper prices, although I think they only have the Anakin saber from what I have seen.

Saber Vault

You won't be sorry if you order from Jeff.  Just a great person and great prices. 
Beth

I'll concur and will mention he's away until Sunday, so if you email him, you'll have to wait for a response.  He sure seems like a good guy based on my limited contact and I'll heartily agree those prices look good.  I'm just waiting to hear about the Mace Saber and I'll be ordering a couple from him. 

The only other MR piece I have is a full size Vader hilt. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2005, 03:55 PM »
Thank you so much for that link jadesfire, definitely looks like some nice prices there...and from what you guys are saying, sounds like a good guy too.  I don't have any MR products yet, but I've always thought they look amazing, and I'd really like to start off with one of these FX sabers.  I really would like the ESB Luke one, but the ROTS Anakin one is a bit cheaper, and doesn't look too much different.  Plus, it is the "new" 3 battery style...although I don't know if that makes any difference or not :P.  Thanks again.

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
  • Amy Allen... priceless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2005, 04:11 PM »

I assume this is sarcasm?   :-\

The guy from saber vault is very cool.  I placed an order (thanks to a tip from this board), and he emailed me to say he is out of town, but will ship my purchase on Monday.  I was impressed with that.  Nice customer service.   :)

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2005, 04:12 PM »
... and I'd really like to start off with one of these FX sabers.  I really would like the ESB Luke one, but the ROTS Anakin one is a bit cheaper, and doesn't look too much different.  Plus, it is the "new" 3 battery style...although I don't know if that makes any difference or not :P.  Thanks again.

It isn't as smooth as the Anakin one, and is much heavier, but is still a great purchase!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2005, 04:18 PM »

I'm sorry, yes it is :-[

Bit of a nasty problem I have there.  Try not to take me seriously unless I point out that I'm actually being serious.  With respect to the Luke saber, it's just jealousy at not having it nor currently being able to get it at a reasonable price.  nothing more. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2005, 04:19 PM »

Very much so, Dan.  We have a lot of that here (especially in Morbug's case)...  ;)

I've fallen so far behind on the FX sabers, that I barely know where to start with catching up now.  Seems like there's been so many versions released that I've totally lost track of things.  I'll have to spend a while perusing the tail end of this thread to re-educate myself on these great pieces.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 04:20 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2005, 01:13 AM »

I'm sorry, yes it is :-[

Bit of a nasty problem I have there.  Try not to take me seriously unless I point out that I'm actually being serious.  With respect to the Luke saber, it's just jealousy at not having it nor currently being able to get it at a reasonable price.  nothing more. 

Cool.   ;)  No probem bro!  It's all good.  I'm all about the sarcasm, just ask Brian (Darth Broem).  I figured you were joking, but you know how some people can be on the other boards.   ::)   It seems like there are nothing but cool people over here though.  I'm pretty sure www.bigtimecomics.com has a good price on Luke's ESB saber.  I hope that helps.   :)

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2005, 01:14 AM »
Very much so, Dan.  We have a lot of that here (especially in Morbug's case)...  ;)

Thank goodness!  Life's too short not to mess with your buddies!   8)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 09:45 AM by Jedidz23 »

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2005, 10:23 AM »
By the way, excellent article here by the big cheese with some insight on the Luke ROTJ F/X, although unfortuntely, it doesn't sound promising.   :(

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31393
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 10:35 AM by Jedidz23 »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2005, 12:57 PM »
Thanks for the link, but I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and be optimistic at the same time:

The LEs will always be our core product but we have so many orders for FXs that those are a focus of the company now. Those, and the minis. We've gotten tons and tons of orders for the minis

I think they'll re-release the Luke ROTJ FX saber based on that statement alone.  Companies must pay attention to the secondary market.  These were never stated as limited.  They've got newer, better electronics.  Why not bite into some of that money that's flowing through ebay?

I understand the point on the oddity of it because the neck has to be relatively huge, but people obviously still want it. 

No real big deal to me, I just want a green FX saber.  If they do another version down the road, that's fine.  I'm not adamant about Luke, just want one of each color.

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2005, 04:13 PM »
No real big deal to me, I just want a green FX saber.  If they do another version down the road, that's fine.  I'm not adamant about Luke, just want one of each color.

I hear ya buddy!  I will keep my eyes open, and if I hear anything, I will certainly let you know!

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 16, 2005, 07:29 PM »

Saber Vault

Beth

I just ordered a Vader Episode V.  Thanks for sharing the link.   :)