Author Topic: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 84664 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2005, 08:56 PM »

I just ordered a Vader Episode V.  Thanks for sharing the link.   :)

You're welcome :)
Beth

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2005, 01:40 PM »
Are they ever going to release a double-bladed Darth Maul lightsaber?  I would love that!  I assume it would be roughly $250 though since the single bladed versions go for $120. 

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
  • Amy Allen... priceless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Are they ever going to release a double-bladed Darth Maul lightsaber?  I would love that!  I assume it would be roughly $250 though since the single bladed versions go for $120. 

Well monkey boy   ;), there was an article for that on sirsteve's website that featured an interview with the big cheese of Master Replica.  The LE already came out, and would run you around $450 or so on the secondary market.  The .45 is available now, but only if you join the Collector's Society (I did  ;D), and as for the FX, the interview said that is one of their most popular requests, and they are undecided on it, because it would be so long, but it would definitely be cool!!!

FYI Brian-Master Replica is selling a mini Maul now that is battle damaged (chopped in half by Obi-Wan).  I just ordered it, and should have it pretty soon.  I'll show you it when I get it.  :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 01:52 PM by Jedidz23 »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2005, 02:56 PM »
A Maul saber would be really cool, and I'll back up Jedidz23 on saying I read the same in the link he provided.  What would be a neat trick is to have the Maul saber able to split in the center allowing for a much smaller shipping box.  A simple twist lock device would probably be sufficient to secure the two ends to each other. 

If they did it that way it would serve as a neat way to do an Asajj saber as well in the FX line. 

I do think it would sell well at double the cost of a regular FX (around $250 MSRP) but it would be so very cool.  Though I can certainly understand their trepidation given how some items they thought would sell really well didn't.  I think they'd have a pretty good gauge ahead of time of how popular this would be based on their feedback and contact alone.  I think most people that collect these pieces, while not as high end as the LE type stuff, do understand there is a certain price point that would have to be met for it to be worthwhile for MR to do this.  I think those people would spend the money to get one.  I know I would 8)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2005, 02:57 PM »
Saber Vault

You won't be sorry if you order from Jeff.  Just a great person and great prices. 
Beth

Beth, thanks for the tip.  I ordered the ROTJ Luke mini saber on Monday (the 9th), Jeff emailed me and said he was out of town, but would ship it in a week (the 16th), and I got it today: 1 day after he shiped it!  I was really impressed with the customer service.  Great merchandise too!   :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 02:58 PM by Jedidz23 »

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2005, 03:00 PM »
A Maul saber would be really cool, and I'll back up Jedidz23 on saying I read the same in the link he provided.  What would be a neat trick is to have the Maul saber able to split in the center allowing for a much smaller shipping box.  A simple twist lock device would probably be sufficient to secure the two ends to each other. 

Morgbug, that is a really cool idea!  You should let Amy from Master Replica know your suggestion.   :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 18, 2005, 08:21 AM »

Well monkey boy   ;), there was an article for that on sirsteve's website that featured an interview with the big cheese of Master Replica.  The LE already came out, and would run you around $450 or so on the secondary market.  The .45 is available now, but only if you join the Collector's Society (I did  ;D), and as for the FX, the interview said that is one of their most popular requests, and they are undecided on it, because it would be so long, but it would definitely be cool!!!

FYI Brian-Master Replica is selling a mini Maul now that is battle damaged (chopped in half by Obi-Wan).  I just ordered it, and should have it pretty soon.  I'll show you it when I get it.  :)

Really?  A Maul double-bladed lightsaber that lights up and all that?  I don't know Dan.  I think you are lying to me.  LOL! I did see that damaged one.  What?  You have to by two of them that can connect to make the awesome double-bladed goodness? :) 

Just kidding.  I have no idea.  You are the Master Replica expert.

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #172 on: May 18, 2005, 10:49 AM »
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2005, 12:17 PM »
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_5/602-8155899-1209427?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0007PHN30

Target has the Vader FX for $99

Not bad!

True dat, JediSearch!  That is a great deal.  The Vader FX from ESB is really nice, and that is a sweet price.   It seems like they are always cheaper if you don't buy them from Master Replica.  Since this one (Vader ESB) is the next generation of FX technology, it is lighter and closer in size to the actual prop.  I must admit, I am tempted, but will probably wait to see if a Vader ROTS saber is produced.

Just 13 hours until the midnight show!!!

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2005, 12:21 PM »
Really?  A Maul double-bladed lightsaber that lights up and all that?  I don't know Dan.  I think you are lying to me.  LOL! I did see that damaged one.  What?  You have to by two of them that can connect to make the awesome double-bladed goodness? :) 

Just kidding.  I have no idea.  You are the Master Replica expert.

;D  Nice one B.  You can buy two battle-damaged minis (only a monkey would do that  :D), or you could join the Collector's Society and get the full Darth Maul mini.  It should be substantially bigger than the other minis.  I am looking forward to mine!  :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 12:21 PM by Jedidz23 »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2005, 12:36 PM »
How does one join the collector's society?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2005, 03:15 PM »
How does one join the collector's society?

You should call Master Replica to sign up for their Collector's Society. You can't sign up through the web yet, but they are accepting phone orders. They said the Darth Maul .45 full size will ship in early June, and that it will be retired in December. The cost is $59.95, but I guess all of the coupons that come with the CS and the Maul mini should cushion the blow. Here is the number:
call 1-866-REPLIKA

Good luck!

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2005, 03:59 PM »
Mace Windu's FX Saber is now being offered from Master Replica's web site!!

http://masterreplicas.com/customer/starwars/starwars_product_detail.php?pid=8386

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Saber Vault
You won't be sorry if you order from Jeff.  Just a great person and great prices. 
Beth

Click that link.  Mace saber is in stock for $100. 

Just got an email from Jeff - he got his full shipment from MR (how un-Hasbro-like?  :P)  I emailed him on the Mace immediately ;D  Now I'm just deciding if I want to fill that blue/red/purple need in the same order ;)  Can't fix the need for green right now.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2005, 06:34 PM »

Just got an email from Jeff - he got his full shipment from MR (how un-Hasbro-like?  :P)  I emailed him on the Mace immediately ;D  Now I'm just deciding if I want to fill that blue/red/purple need in the same order ;)  Can't fix the need for green right now.

Do you know if he got in anymore of the ESB Vader's yet, or was it just the Windu's?