Author Topic: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 84682 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #390 on: December 1, 2006, 09:50 AM »
I just got an e-mail from tfaw.com and they are advertising the Mace and Luke FX sabers in 'Nick & Dent' condition for $60 each.  They also have a shipping code of 'HOLIDAY2006' to get $10 off shipping.

I'm going to call them up later this morning to get clarification of what exactly constitutes a nick and dent lightsaber (is the box just beat up or is there something scratched/dented or otherwise on the saber itself).  Once I find out I'll pass along their description.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 1, 2006, 10:48 AM »
Sounds like it's more than the box:

TFAW Warehouse Sale -- We don't normally offer less-than-mint-condition items for sale but we happened to stumble upon some great Nick & Dent stuff and we've made them available to you for 50% off! These have been handled and may have very minor dings, scratches, etc. Sorry, no returns on Nick & Dent items.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 1, 2006, 12:49 PM »
I just got off the phone with tfaw and the guy I spoke with said that in most cases it's just the box that has been damaged.  They will take out the saber, check it for damage and functionality, but the box is damaged and has been opened.

At this point I didn't feel too bad about it.  However he continued on.

He also mentioned that it could be a display item that has had minimal handling, and he was pretty vague on whether it could have been a 'return' that is being re-sold.

So all that being said, I'm not going to take the chance on this since there are no returns on these items.  If they could assure that it was only an item where the box was damaged and the lightsaber was mint inside and functioning appropriately, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Good luck if anyone decides to get one.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline exjedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • exjedi.com
« Reply #393 on: December 1, 2006, 08:00 PM »
I just got off the phone with tfaw and the guy I spoke with said that in most cases it's just the box that has been damaged.  They will take out the saber, check it for damage and functionality, but the box is damaged and has been opened.

At this point I didn't feel too bad about it.  However he continued on.

He also mentioned that it could be a display item that has had minimal handling, and he was pretty vague on whether it could have been a 'return' that is being re-sold.

So all that being said, I'm not going to take the chance on this since there are no returns on these items.  If they could assure that it was only an item where the box was damaged and the lightsaber was mint inside and functioning appropriately, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Good luck if anyone decides to get one.

I have picked up most of my Koto's from the TFAW nick & dent section as well as my Vader FX saber, it is always just the box that is damaged.  I did receive a KOTO Vader that had a cracked base, they sent a new one out, with no problem.  They have been a good source for items that are going to be displayed anyway.

I believe the code SSFREESHIP still works for free shipping too.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 1, 2006, 11:01 PM »
Thanks for the info and the shipping code!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #395 on: December 7, 2006, 04:29 AM »
Went to Spencers on a whim while I was helping my gf shop and low and behold they did have Vader Sabers for $60...  Not bad at all so I grabbed a Vader and now I'm up to 4 of these (E3 Ani, Mace, ROTJ Luke, & Vader).

I've still got to pick up....

-Maul double bladed
-Obi-Wan E3
-Yoda
-Palpy if they ever do it

I think at that point I'd be FX sabered out...  Maybe a QGJ would be buyable but it's not a necessity to me either, I dunno.  I'm not going for an ANH Luke though since I consider E3 Anakin's that same saber...  I would only consider buying newer models if they were a substantial improvement like removable blades and stuff...  These are cool higher-end collectible that's still semi-affordable.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #396 on: December 7, 2006, 08:19 AM »
I've been wanting the Mace and double Maul forever. Just need to wait for a deal. THought I had own with tfaw but kinda scared now.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 7, 2006, 08:41 AM »
I've been wanting the Mace and double Maul forever. Just need to wait for a deal. THought I had own with tfaw but kinda scared now.

You can find double Maul FX sabers on ebay now and again for $120 Buy It Now prices.  The shipping is usually about $20 or less.  Considering that I paid about $160 for mine when it came out, that's not a bad deal.

One thing to keep in mind though is that this really is a BIG saber when it's fully assembled.  I've gotten to the point where I only combine them for special occasions.  I've been looking for a damaged one that someone is trying to get rid of so that I can disassemble the blade and just use the hilt to create a single-bladed, full hilt version of this.  Haven't come across one yet...

Good luck on your hunt!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 7, 2006, 08:44 AM »
I've still got to pick up....

-Maul double bladed
-Obi-Wan E3
-Yoda
-Palpy if they ever do it

I think at that point I'd be FX sabered out...  Maybe a QGJ would be buyable but it's not a necessity to me either, I dunno.  I'm not going for an ANH Luke though since I consider E3 Anakin's that same saber...  I would only consider buying newer models if they were a substantial improvement like removable blades and stuff...  These are cool higher-end collectible that's still semi-affordable.

Jesse,

I really want an Obi EP3 as well, but I also really like the Obi EP2 one that is coming out next year.  I'm kind of like you, after I get those two, I'm considering my collection complete.  The Yoda would be really cool, but I'd have a hard time convincing my kids that it's not for them...  Since I'm throttling back on my action figure/vehicle purchases next year, I'm hopefully going to be in a better position to get these.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 7, 2006, 09:22 PM »

You can find double Maul FX sabers on ebay now and again for $120 Buy It Now prices.  The shipping is usually about $20 or less.  Considering that I paid about $160 for mine when it came out, that's not a bad deal.

One thing to keep in mind though is that this really is a BIG saber when it's fully assembled.  I've gotten to the point where I only combine them for special occasions.  I've been looking for a damaged one that someone is trying to get rid of so that I can disassemble the blade and just use the hilt to create a single-bladed, full hilt version of this.  Haven't come across one yet...

Good luck on your hunt!

I have nmot seen that deal. Let me know if you come across any.

ALso I al hoping for a jedi luke one ...  :P

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 8, 2006, 04:17 PM »
DarkKnight2k4, I'll definitely let you know if I come across any of these.

On a personal note, I was able to secure two non-functioning DM sabers today.  Once I get these, I'm going to start working on my full hilt, single bladed version of the Force FX saber.  I'm extremely excited to take one of these bad boys apart!  I plan on taking some WIP pics in case anyone is interested in seeing the guts of one of these.  More to come...

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 9, 2006, 04:51 PM »
Sith ! Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see the results.

IF anyone sees a deal on a luke jedi one let me know too.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 25, 2006, 12:06 AM »
Sith ! Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see the results. 

I'm done!

Here's the link in case you missed it in the Customs section or in the other thread I started:

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=14499.0

But here's me with the finished product:

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 26, 2006, 01:09 PM »
I noticed the prices on the episode V darth vader FX sabers were changed at Spencers from $59 to $79. i'm still on the lookout for obi-wans or anakins blue sabers around the area. but the only place that carries them charges over $100 a piece. I'm just going to play the waiting game like I did with the Vader Saber which I picked up for the $59 price...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 3, 2007, 09:20 AM »
I got my first FX lightsaber (Vader) for Christmas this year, from my in-laws.  I really like it.  I've always wanted a Luke one, so I hope to be able to pick one up this year, I think there is one rumored at least.  These things are really neat/fun.