Author Topic: FFURG Casting Call For August 07 - The Dark Side  (Read 5798 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
FFURG Casting Call For August 07 - The Dark Side
« on: August 6, 2007, 07:24 PM »

It's time for a brand new Casting Call at FFURG and this time we're going to join The Dark Side!. Since 2005 when the Sith had their Revenge, the Dark Side of the Force has been prevalent in the Star Wars Universe. From the Knights of the Old Republic video game, to the Legacy of the Force novels and the Legacy comic books, the Dark Side's power has grown.

To celebrate and commiserate with these evil forces, FFURG is presenting The Dark Side Casting Call where customizers can submit their darkest creations based on Dark Siders from the established Star Wars universe - the Six Films and EU (no Fan-Fiction customs please). The Dark Side Casting Call debuts on Sunday, August 19th so make sure to Submit you Dark Side creations by then.

For a images of some of the most notorious Dark Siders in Star Wars History check out The Dark Side Casting Call Reference Gallery.

Happy Customizing!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: FFURG Casting Call For August 07 - The Dark Side
« Reply #1 on: August 7, 2007, 02:30 AM »
This oughtta be popular. :)  The Sith/Dark Side seems like a pretty popular part of customizing...  I'm looking forward to checking out all the entries.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 05:12 PM »
The deadline has been pushed to September 2nd to allow for more entries to be submitted. Remember you don't have to create new customs to join the Casting Calls, your older creations are more than welcome to join in on the fun.

JJ: check your JD mail.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 03:04 PM »
Hey everyone who is interested in this Casting call, Your entries, as long as they are new, can be entered in the TSECP for this month over at thesithempire.net, The winner is randomly selected so, everyone has a chance to win. Just post your picture in the thread or email me at smartypants1635@hotmail.com The prize for this month is a 10 dollar gift certificate to GTG customs. :o I highly encourage you to check out all the stuff over at FFURG, the casting calls and their tutorials are top notch so stop by there if you haven't already.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 04:13 PM »
I'll be sending, to the casting call, pictures of my MicroLady Darth Talon as soon as I finish her tatoos. She's almost done.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 3, 2007, 07:57 PM »
This month, FFURG has succumbed to the power of the Dark Side and has created a special Casting Call celebrating the evil forces who try to take over or destroy the Star Wars Universe. The Dark Side Casting Call displays any and all customs representing Dark Side characters found in the Star Wars Saga's Six Films and Authorized Expanded Universe. Today marks the debut of the Casting Call, featuring 13 unique Dark Side characters represented by 16 custom figures from 7 Forgotten Force members for all to see.

Caution: viewing these Dark Side creations may influence you to manifest your own evil customs.

http://www.ffurg.com/casting_call/cc-52.htm

Thanks to everyone who joined in on the fun!

Happy Customizing!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 5, 2007, 09:25 AM »
Fantastic! There is some incrediable work there. I would love to see more casting calls in the future.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours