Author Topic: 50lbs in 6 weeks. Can I do it? Update!  (Read 8244 times)

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
Re: 50lbs in 6 weeks. Can I do it?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2005, 04:25 PM »
I bet if we teamed him up with your thrusting stormtrooper, the pounds would sweat right off  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2005, 04:47 PM »
... cut out soda...

Or switch to unleaded.  I love Soda/Pop/Soft Drinks.  Used to drink about a liter a day (roughly three 12 ounce cans) or more.  Since going over to diet drinks (don't worry, you get used to the aspartamey-taste) and with only  very modest exercise (I try for three cardio workouts a week, but usually miss at least one) I'm down 27 pounds in about a year.  I'd like to go down about 13 more pounds (or as much as 23 more, but we'll see if that's sustainable) but I still have some diet modifications to make (cut out the remainder of the candy/chocolate/cookies) and most importantly need to get more regular in the exercise. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2005, 05:47 PM »
I don't drink soda anymore. Pure water, or Club Soda with a slice of lemon. Once in a blue a diet snapple iced tea. No carbs. I drank 2 today.

I'm constantly keeping physically active. Even with simple stuff. It drives people in my house nuts, but when I'm at the pc, I bounce my knees to do somthing. Burned off calories are burned off calories, ya know?

Right now, I honestly couldn't tell you how much I've lost, since I haven't hit a scale, but all my portions have shrunk, food wise, and I've cut out all the caffine, and such. I'm well over 8 glasses of water a day, and I'm sticking to my deal, but I need to run more. Latley I've been using the Gazzelle trainer thing in place of it, since it's less impact. I'm concerned about my knee, even though my doc said it was fine (from the accident) so I want to wait till there's less weight slamming down on it.

My life goal is 200lbs with muscle.

I plan on keeping my diet this way. I've got too much invested in this, so I'm not going to flush it down the tubes. I went back with my lady friend and we were looking all out my old yearbook photos, and I realized I was a really skinny guy up untill 8th grade, and then I started gaining, and got lazy. So I'm changing my lifestyle.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 8, 2005, 09:16 AM »
Well, 6 weeks is over, and I'm weighing myself later today. I'm very excited. My boss is convinced I lost 60lbs, but I honestly believe he is mistaken. I have put 6 new holes in my belt since this started and I need another already. Most of my clothes hang on me now, and I can again fit an XL without pulling somthing. :) Whatever I lost I'll be happy with, and continue, now that my work schedual will be returning to normal next week. I do get at least an hour of cardio 5 days a week, and I'm walking and jogging to alot more places, drinking diet Iced Tea, and so on. Lots of water, and very lite foods. And I've gotten used to it, so it's not even a problem for me anymore.

Well, wish me luck later today!

Kevin

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 8, 2005, 10:26 AM »
Kevin

I'm new here and I just read this thread today -- I'm anxious to hear how you did.  Reading everyone's posts has helped to give me the kick in the pants I need to get back in shape.  I lost 55lbs a couple of years ago and I felt great.  Then I gained every bit and more with my last pregnancy.   I'm ready to get back in MILF form! :-*
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 8, 2005, 01:25 PM »
Kevin,

I also just read the thread and best of luck to you. I also have started on a weight loss journey recently (I was 305). I have eliminated regular soda, drink mainly water, with an occassional diet soda and yes, I got use to the taste, swim 3x a week for 30 minutes and have gone from 800 years to 1200 yards doing all strokes but the butterfly. My goal is more modest, losing 2 lbs a week, or 12 to 15 months to take off the 100-105 lbs. I say 12-15 because I have added in on the advice of a dietician the holiday period where I will treat myself, just limit the amount of treating done. Key for me is I haven't dieted, I have changed the foods I eat so that the when I have lost my weight and go on to a maintenance, I really am eating the same foods. I've lost 8lbs so far in a month and will see how it goes over time.
I miss being 6 foot and 190 with 5% body fat, but I know I don't have the time anymore for that kind of program. If I can weight between 200 to 210 and have a 6-7% body fat, I will be extremely happy.
Anyway Kevin, good luck, and I'll fill you in if you'll keep me filled in on how its going. Perhaps this can turn into a support group for those of us losing and keeping extra pounds off.

Jay
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 8, 2005, 02:42 PM »
The Verdict:

36lbs. Fantastic. I met over half of my goal, and I'm pumped to lose more. ;D

Kevin

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: 50lbs in 6 weeks. Can I do it? The Verdict!
« Reply #37 on: August 8, 2005, 02:48 PM »
Great job Kevin!  ;D

It must be refreshing to see results after all the hard work. Keep in mind you probably gained muscle from exercising, so your weight may not change as much but you're still losing fat.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 8, 2005, 02:51 PM »
Fat fears Famine.  :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 8, 2005, 02:52 PM »
6lbs a week?  Great job! ;D  Did you take measurements by any chance? That will probably be more telling than the scale since you're adding muscle.  
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 8, 2005, 03:05 PM »
Um, I put 6 new holes in my belt, and I just pulled out the hole puncher for a 7th...that's about it as far as measurments go. Plus my sleves drape way past my elbows now on most of my shirts.

Kevin

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 8, 2005, 03:18 PM »
Congrats Kevin!  That's very impressive.  What's really encouraging is that you are very comfortable with the changes you've made and are excited to keep things up.

8)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #42 on: August 8, 2005, 05:48 PM »
Good work Kevin.  You've gotten past the most difficult part of a diet/lifestyle change...the first 6 weeks.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: August 8, 2005, 06:07 PM »
Very nice Kevin! Congrats. I'm glad you stuck with it, I know it must have been tough. Now just keep doing what you are doing and stay healthy. :)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 8, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Wow, great job Kevin.  Look out ladies...

:P